Convert from Left to Right or vice versa

leftygolfermn

Big things expected in 2024!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody ever contemplated or even attempted to switch during a winter off season to go from a left handed golfer to right handed golfer or vice versa?

Any success or fail stories?

Every so often I get that wild hair like man I wonder if I could pull this off during winter and become a right handed mediocre at best golfer

Not a chance. I'm pretty bad with my very dominant right hand. I can't even fathom how bad I'd be playing left handed 🤣

Not a chance. I'm pretty bad with my very dominant right hand. I can't even fathom how bad I'd be playing left handed 🤣
But wouldn’t it be kind of a fun challenge? You hear of individuals being scratch both ways.

NO why would I. I can't write my name with my left hand and I have a Hard enough time trying to play golf righty!!!:p

I’m just starting super speed training and my non dominant speed is 20mph slower than my dominant side. So, no way. I’m not ready for 150 yard drivers yet.

I’m just starting super speed training and my non dominant speed is 20mph slower than my dominant side. So, no way. I’m not ready for 150 yard drivers yet.

Tron from NLU committed to playing LH for a full year. He got pretty good at it to be honest.

But me? No chance I’d even want to try. I already switched to putting RH. That’s as far as I’m going to get lol

But wouldn’t it be kind of a fun challenge? You hear of individuals being scratch both ways.
Dude, I have enough challenges trying to golf with my natural hand to try that ;)

I haven’t, but if I did I’d dabble my toe in putting first then maybe wedges.

I golf with someone regularly who used to play as a righty, but his game was never great. He had long played as a lefty, but had wanted to try playing righty for some reason and committed to it for over a year. We pushed him into going back to lefty and its been amazing for his game. He still putts as a righty, but his game has come such a long way since I saw him playing as a right-handed player.

As a kid, I would hit LH and RH woods all the time
Can't do it any more
Would it be useful to carry an opposite handed club in the bag to use on certain holes or certain situations? It may be useful 🤔

I think golfsidekick started a youtube series like that, but I don't think he has followed through with it

I am a righty who golfs lefty, stemming from training myself to hit lefty in baseball after batting right-handed for the first 8 years of my life. When I became strictly a pitcher in high school, I didn't have time to dedicate to switch hitting and felt more comfortable from the left side at the time so stayed that way. Started golfing 12+ years later.

I've wondered a couple of times what my game would be like if I stayed on the righty side. I also have mild scoliosis that limits my turn on my left handed side, I'd always had less power on this side but never really understood why until now. Wondering if when I get older if I'd be able to keep some power and distance better if I switched. My swing is finally getting pure though after 2 years of hard work, don't know if it would ever be worth it to switch.

On a side note, Mason Plumlee, a 1st round NBA player from Duke (now on Charlotte Hornets) switched to shooting left-handed after 10 years in the NBA. If he can do that, anybody can do anything :D

My dad is left handed so I have hit his clubs on the range a few times but that's about it. Results weren't good but weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I guess being a switch hitter, in baseball, growing up game me some ability.

I’m left handed. I’ve tried hitting clubs left handed and it’s a **** show. There’s no way I could convert to my proper side now.

I used to play with a guy who could more than hold his own from either side. Odd thing was he would only bat left handed....played hockey as a right handed shooter.

I'm a lefty playing right handed and have tried hitting left handed clubs on the range but it was a brain fart for me and just couldn't do it.

I have played a few times with a golfer who had his bag half and half, right handed putter, wedges up to 7 iron all lefty and the the rest of the bag all right handed, strange to watch to say the least :oops::ROFLMAO:

I tried to play lefty when I first took on golf, after playing ice hockey and floorball from that side. I switched to RH when doing my Green Card. I carried a LH wedge for years for getting out of spots that are impossible for righties. I hit that one okay. Nowadays I'm fully RH.

My brother, who is of a similiar background and is right handed, plays lefty. I've often wondered if it would have been easier for him to go RH from the start.

I’m left handed. I’ve tried hitting clubs left handed and it’s a **** show. There’s no way I could convert to my proper side now.
I'm a lefty playing right handed and have tried hitting left handed clubs on the range but it was a brain fart for me and just couldn't do it.

I have played a few times with a golfer who had his bag half and half, right handed putter, wedges up to 7 iron all lefty and the the rest of the bag all right handed, strange to watch to say the least :oops::ROFLMAO:

I'm also a lefty that plays righty and these two replies pretty much sum it up for me as well.

I putted left handed for over a year but that's about as close as I would go. I have a friend who is a lefty and I've hit his clubs on the range a few times. It's so bad I can't imagine trying to play a full round that way.

I'm left handed and golf right handed and wouldn't want to try it.

Good luck if you do.

FWIW, I'm really glad I have the gear options of a righty. A few hockey buds play lefty, as they were a L shot in hockey, and hate the lack of gear.

i started golf way too late for this.

Back