ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats - You are Headed to the Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

Congrats! This is going to be a ton of fun!

Balls acquired!

And ST-G 3 wood ordered. That thing is hot, hit some absolute seeds with it.

No joke the guys looking for FWs go hit those immediately
@bsbmike5 , you’re killing me! I just bought a new 3w and now you’re planting thoughts in my head… could there be a better one? That goes further? And straighter? Must resist.

@bsbmike5 , you’re killing me! I just bought a new 3w and now you’re planting thoughts in my head… could there be a better one? That goes further? And straighter? Must resist.
do it jewish GIF

Isn’t the proper thinking, there’s always one that could go longer and straighter.

Not sure if anyone else has tried or had this issue near them. Wanted to start hitting some Mizuno irons more frequently and thought it would be cool to go through their shaft optimizer process. Multiple stores near me all said they don’t know where it is anymore or it’s dead and they aren’t gonna fix it. Maybe they just didn’t want to bother with me either? I don’t know!

I get that fitters may not want to utilize it and would rather rely on their expertise, but these were all big box stores and not fitting boutiques. I was kind of surprised they aren’t taking advantage of a tool like this more!

@BriMac
@Tywithay
@jonnys009
@mikewohlwend
@RVS1970
@ammac
@hackitup

Not sure if anyone else has tried or had this issue near them. Wanted to start hitting some Mizuno irons more frequently and thought it would be cool to go through their shaft optimizer process. Multiple stores near me all said they don’t know where it is anymore or it’s dead and they aren’t gonna fix it. Maybe they just didn’t want to bother with me either? I don’t know!

I get that fitters may not want to utilize it and would rather rely on their expertise, but these were all big box stores and not fitting boutiques. I was kind of surprised they aren’t taking advantage of a tool like this more!

@BriMac
@Tywithay
@jonnys009
@mikewohlwend
@RVS1970
@ammac
@hackitup
I have never tried it. I do intend to go through the process this summer if it's available.

Congrats!

@BriMac
@Tywithay
@jonnys009
@mikewohlwend
@RVS1970
@ammac
@hackitup
That's a shame! I was planning on doing the same a little closer to the event. Curious to see what the stores around here offer.

@BriMac
@Tywithay
@jonnys009
@mikewohlwend
@RVS1970
@ammac
@hackitup

I get that some fitters don't want to use it. But it gives you a great baseline to start. Especially for stock shaft options. I have hit a few different generations of Mizuno's over the years. Loved the 921 Forged when I tried and then bought them.

I'm not surprised @bsbmike5. Seems to me the big box stores put more weight behind Callaway, Titleist, and Taylor Made. Ping isn't far behind. This will be a good question for Chris V in September.

The 2 best iron makers on the market imo don't get the love because they aren't one of the big 4 companies. Neither get much love on the PGA either.
Mizuno and Srixon

I'm heading to Ireland this month, so all my golf focus has been on the upcoming trip. But when I get back I'll be cramming like an over-caffeinated college student during finals week! Fortunately I can visit the Haggin Oaks SuperShop to demo every Mizuno club they carry.

I'm heading to Ireland this month, so all my golf focus has been on the upcoming trip. But when I get back I'll be cramming like an over-caffeinated college student during finals week! Fortunately I can visit the Haggin Oaks SuperShop to demo every Mizuno club they carry.
I’m sure you will have an incredible trip! What courses are on the list?

I’m sure you will have an incredible trip! What courses are on the list?
I cannot urge you two enough to follow along live during at least one event next week.
Live posting is real. Interactions are real.
This is NOT a show up and play and get some gear kind of trip.

I cannot urge you two enough to follow along live during at least one event next week.
Live posting is real. Interactions are real.
This is NOT a show up and play and get some gear kind of trip.

Yes, plan to do that. I followed the live WorldWide Golf Championship thread to get the feel and understand how it worked.

We're flying into Shannon for two weeks on the west coast. Ballybunion, Tralee, Lahinch and Carne are reserved.
All are great courses, from what I've been told. I was in Scotland last year and had one hell of a trip. Played all the big names. Have a great time!

@BriMac
@Tywithay
@jonnys009
@mikewohlwend
@RVS1970
@ammac
@hackitup
Shoutout to @texasranger2012 (even though he's on the losing team :ROFLMAO: ) for helping me get to a solution to find an optimizer! Hitting it this weekend!

Shoutout to @texasranger2012 (even though he's on the losing team :ROFLMAO: ) for helping me get to a solution to find an optimizer! Hitting it this weekend!
@texasranger2012 coming in clutch!! Where did you find it? Definitely let us know how the process goes. I really want to try it as well.

@texasranger2012 coming in clutch!! Where did you find it? Definitely let us know how the process goes. I really want to try it as well.
One of my local golf galaxy's magically found it and was able to get it up and running. Golfers Warehouse near me also finally got back to me and said they were capable!

Excited to see what it says!

One of my local golf galaxy's magically found it and was able to get it up and running. Golfers Warehouse near me also finally got back to me and said they were capable!

Excited to see what it says!
Awesome. We've got a couple Golf Galaxies and a PGA Tour SS. One of them will have to have it.

Back