WINNER Congrats: You Are Going to Victoria National from UST Mamiya

Wow...I got those butterflies again. Much like in 2021 when they told me I was heading to the Grandaddy. Never thought I'd be fortunate enough to get into that event and it changed my life. All the events at THP are amazing, but the other event I've always dreamed of being a part of has been Shaft Up. . Again never thought I'd be fortunate enough and here we are. Also this will be my second THP event in Indiana which made me chuckle (Cleveland/Srixon Short Game Shootout in Carmel back in 2016ish?). :ROFLMAO:

I can't wait to meet @jayronmillz10 and take on Victoria National. And just to be on a Dormie property?????? Wow. When I walked upstairs to tell my wife and said don't hate me, but are we busy in April? She just shook her head and said, "you won another golf thing again didn't you?"

Excited to get some one on one time with @JB and @DannyLe! I have no doubt that he can get me dialed in, but I'll be honest he might have his work cut out for him. I'm currently looking at pictures of Victoria National and all I can say is 500 million gallons of water looks daunting, but I'm ready to take it all on with a smile on my face. Hopefully they have plenty of balls in the pro shop.:)

I've been a UST fanboy for so long this just blows me away. Currently playing the Recoil Dart shafts in my irons and I've never loved an iron shaft more. Played a lot of different driver shafts as well, most recently the LinQ White and LinQ blue shafts. Don't have one in my current driver so I'm excited for that to change.

Thanks to everyone on the forum! Thank you THP! Thank you UST Mamiya! I can't freaking wait. Looking forward to bringing you all along for the ride!!!
I was in the bathroom at Cracker Barrel when I found out this morning and came out grinning ear to ear and picked up my wife and told her what I won. She’s not too into golf but she couldn’t have been happier for me knowing how badly I’ve wanted to do this. It was awesome to get to share this with her. I had to show her the post to let her know I wasnt kidding haha

Hey everyone! I’ve been trying to respond and share some thank you’s while I’ve been at Great Wolf Lodge with my family for a little Christmas present we did for our kids.

I just want to start off by saying “WOW” is exactly how I felt. I’ve never won anything first of all so that’s exciting. And secondly I’ve never had a Brand New driver to me, I’ve always just bought second hand and have not had an actually shaft fitting. How awesome is it I not only get to do this for the first time but also with UST Mamiya! Will definitely set the bar high for future fittings that is for sure.

I can’t wait to meet @Nappy out there. Everyone in THP seems to be awesome people who love golf and I can’t wait to share this experience with him. It’s going to be a great time!

Thank you to @JB for the opportunity and hopefully will get to meet you out there at this event. This community is awesome and has made me enjoy getting to know more about this awesome game.

I can’t wait to work with @DannyLe and work on getting a shaft that works for me. I’ll have to work on getting some things fixed before April but can’t wait to see what we find for me. The way Victoria National looks hopefully something that finds me in the fairway 😂

I can’t wait to play Victoria National. Will need to stock up on balls for sure. The course looks like a masterpiece and definitely challenging. I’m excited to share with you all here on THP what this fitting did for me and what shaft I ended up with as well as the results. I’m curious.

Current driver and Shaft: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9* with a Project X 65g x stiff T-1100.

New Fitment: ….

Thank you all for the support and kind words. I will share with you all what we end up getting set up for me and the results that come. Stay tuned… 🤙🏽

Wild coincidence. My family and I are heading to Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells in a few weeks. Little early birthday present for my daughter. Also X Stiff shaft? Looking forward to @DannyLe getting you set up to hit some bombs!

Happy you found THP man and get to experience something like this right away!

Congrats!

You’ll have a brand new live thread to document the entire thing! I know this one will come up quick with weather, but if you’re able to get out in the course before you go to this, practice live posting while you’re on the course. Ask @Briton G how much I was preaching this all year to him and how much it helps
Awesome, appreciate the advice! I am hoping to have a decent spring so we can get out. The simulators near us are fun for the winter here in Ohio but nothing like on the real course. I’ll have him help me out with that right @Briton G ? 👊🏼

Wild coincidence. My family and I are heading to Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells in a few weeks. Little early birthday present for my daughter. Also X Stiff shaft? Looking forward to @DannyLe getting you set up to hit some bombs!

Happy you found THP man and get to experience something like this right away!
Haha yeah man, nothing helps defeat the winter like an indoor water park! We are at the one in Sandusky Ohio. It’s been an awesome experience so far. This was a Christmas gift for my 2 boys.

I’m thinking a fitting will tell me I’ve been swinging the wrong shaft my whole life or confirm I am just a average golfer haha

Definitely amped up for it. It’s going to be a slow couple of months until this. Enjoy Great Wolf Lodge!

Awesome, appreciate the advice! I am hoping to have a decent spring so we can get out. The simulators near us are fun for the winter here in Ohio but nothing like on the real course. I’ll have him help me out with that right @Briton G ? 👊🏼
Teacher Teaching GIF by VERZUZ

Congrats fellows

I was in the bathroom at Cracker Barrel when I found out this morning and came out grinning ear to ear and picked up my wife and told her what I won. She’s not too into golf but she couldn’t have been happier for me knowing how badly I’ve wanted to do this. It was awesome to get to share this with her. I had to show her the post to let her know I wasnt kidding haha
So you were smiling because you won the trip or you got out of the bathroom???

Inquiring minds want to know.

Congrats @Nappy and congrats to just over 3 week member @jayronmillz10 ! What an awesome hit fellas!

Can’t wait to follow along!

Haha yeah man, nothing helps defeat the winter like an indoor water park! We are at the one in Sandusky Ohio. It’s been an awesome experience so far. This was a Christmas gift for my 2 boys.

I’m thinking a fitting will tell me I’ve been swinging the wrong shaft my whole life or confirm I am just a average golfer haha

Definitely amped up for it. It’s going to be a slow couple of months until this. Enjoy Great Wolf Lodge!
Just got 8 inches of snow in Southwestern Wisconsin yesterday and another 6 or so coming in the next few days. April can't come soon enough.

I've got a driver fitting for the AI Smoke event at my local Golf Galaxy Performance Center at the end of January, so at least I'll have some recent info/baselines to bring along with me.

Also gonna have to start booking at lot more time at the simulator coming up. And using that Rapsodo MLM2 I have in the heated garage.

Okay. Don't forget you have to pay the bill at the end of it.
That would be a tough one to explain.

Just got 8 inches of snow in Southwestern Wisconsin yesterday and another 6 or so coming in the next few days. April can't come soon enough.

I've got a driver fitting for the AI Smoke event at my local Golf Galaxy Performance Center at the end of January, so at least I'll have some recent info/baselines to bring along with me.

Also gonna have to start booking at lot more time at the simulator coming up. And using that Rapsodo MLM2 I have in the heated garage.
That is a lot more snow than we see in ohio. I got to hit @Briton G AI Smoke at the simulator that has a heated bay but also we can hit it into the range. It’s a lot of fun there and lets you see the ball actually go. I was very impressed with the Paradym AI Smoke.

Im going to a golf show here in Cleveland in a month and will be excited to see all the new equipment coming out. It’s that time of year!

I’m going to try to get some numbers on where my current driver is as well.

So you were smiling because you won the trip or you got out of the bathroom???

Inquiring minds want to know.
Ha! Imagine being my wife who saw me walking out of the bathroom like I took the best dump of my life 😂

Back