Have to be, no salaries in NCAA

Well at least not that we know of.:act-up:
I dont really watch football, so I have no place in this argument.

I'm not going to get in the arguement (err... discussion) on whether or not college football is better or worse for the BCS.

I am looking forward to a Texas Tech vs. Florida BCS National Championship game. At least that is the matchup I would like to see.

regardless, I'll watch. I would love to see them implement some form of a playoff system.

This is not my thing at all, but I had to do something for post #900 (haven't caught me yet, Smallville!).

My DIII college makes Bowdoin look like 'Bama or something, so I pay no attention.

However, Hubby is president of his local alumni club, and his school, which has yet to win this season, is playing its arch rival, about an hour from here. This is his big event of the year.

So we're about to head off for three hours of tailgating--high will be 30 degrees, snow showers possible, and the wind is blowing. Appetizers are to be in college colors (about as unappealing as it gets) and I'm the designated driver, so I don't even get to drink. The good part of that is that I drive home the weenies before the game starts, so I don't have to sit in the shady side of the stadium for four hours, watching a team I care nothing about get their backsides handed to them.

Thank goodness for Hot Chillys. For better, for worse, and for this?

Boo Girl wants me to put these up: :golf::love-over::present::comp:

Congrats Claire, have fun at the tailgate. We are getting ready to drive 3 hours to watch a high school playoff game

This is not my thing at all, but I had to do something for post #900 (haven't caught me yet, Smallville!)....

So we're about to head off for three hours of tailgating...

Thank goodness for Hot Chillys. For better, for worse, and for this...

Boo Girl wants me to put these up: :golf::love-over::present::comp:

Boo Girl missed a few: :blob::alien2::egyptian::guitar::twist::banana: Happy 900! :clapp:

In all seriousness (kinda), I got a hysterical email the other day (funny for me). I'm part of the CCA (Coastal Conservation Assoc., they protect gulf waterways and sealife)...The email I got? CCA Tailgating and Fish Fry

Last edited:
This is not my thing at all, but I had to do something for post #900 (haven't caught me yet, Smallville!).

Actually, I did! Back at around post 830 or 840, but that lasted until you got on the next day!

In all seriousness (kinda), I got a hysterical email the other day (funny for me). I'm part of the CCA (Coastal Conservation Assoc., they protect gulf waterways and sealife)...The email I got? CCA Tailgating and Fish Fry

I had to laugh at that one myself!

Actually, I did! Back at around post 830 or 840, but that lasted until you got on the next day!

Yeah, I noticed, but you slacked off again.

We survived. Only my fingers froze--wore my skiing gloves instead of my skiing mittens. Heck, it got as high as 36! The guys are still there, freezing their fannies and watching the good guys lose yet again.

Back