College Football 2017-18

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I know it's winter, but there's always something going on in college football.

Signing day is around the corner, let the new season begin!!!

Personal note: I hope the Huskers do well this year!!!

General: I can't believe I'm going to be posting about FAU, but this tweet/vid made me laugh!

Well if we start 7-0 this year....it'll be a hell of a year regardless of finishing 8-4 :(

I find National Signing Day to be more entertaining these days, this one really made me laugh! If you were FL or FSU wouldn't you be pissed.

I find National Signing Day to be more entertaining these days, this one really made me laugh! If you were FL or FSU wouldn't you be pissed.

Things like that annoy me. I'm just not one for showmanship I guess.

Things like that annoy me. I'm just not one for showmanship I guess.

So stupid, but it's their 15 minutes so go on and make it what you want I guess. Most won't be heard from again.

And people wonder why kids get into big programs and act like they're superstars who can do whatever they want.

Definitely not a big finish for Auburn, but all of their commits signed so that's a win I guess.

I have been less and less interested in NSD and recruiting in general over the past few years.

Oh well, Sept will come soon.

Football recruiting is a disaster in general; hopefully they add an early signing period to cut down on the last minute shenanigans we have today.

TOSU got some studs .

Meyer is a machine .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOSU got some studs .

Meyer is a machine .

I saw ESPN had them 2nd so figured it was a good day

Probably the least exciting signing day for Auburn in years.

At least we got Stidham.

Probably the least exciting signing day for Auburn in years.

At least we got Stidham.
Just had surprising WR signing, no idea who he is.

TOSU got some studs .

Meyer is a machine .

I'm interested in Trevor Grimes. He's the kid Cris Carter basically personally mentored and is the #5 WR in the class. When he was on Feherty's show, he said in the interview he was the best WR he's ever seen.

Welp, Iowa ranked 38th in signings... just ahead of rutgers and ISU... and that's because they lucked into a 5 star DE cuz his father went here, meh, recruiting struggles continue

Just had surprising WR signing, no idea who he is.

Played QB in HS, recruited as an athlete. Not someone I'm going to jump up and down about.

Surprisingly we just got Markaviest Bryant. Sounded like he was UGA or LSU earlier in week.

Played QB in HS, recruited as an athlete. Not someone I'm going to jump up and down about.

Surprisingly we just got Markaviest Bryant. Sounded like he was UGA or LSU earlier in week.
That is a surprising get, it sounded like we had written him off.

Hearing we are in play for Parks now too. That would make for a nice close getting those too.

Welp, Iowa ranked 38th in signings... just ahead of rutgers and ISU... and that's because they lucked into a 5 star DE cuz his father went here, meh, recruiting struggles continue

Yea, Iowa has it rough. They would need a big name coach to sign on to change that IMO. Too much of an uphill battle against the bigger teams in the Big 10. Also - now with social media, kids aren't home sick as much, so they aren't staying local as much as they used to. it really doesn't even seem like that is in the equation to keep them from heading down south or to the coasts to go to bigger programs anymore. That used to be the biggest thing keeping big in state recruits for the middle of the country was staying close to home.

Good to see we finished higher than a few schools then. :laughing:

#HookEm

Good to see we finished higher than a few schools then. :laughing:

#HookEm
The horns just need to parlay that stellar recruiting into more than 3 conference wins

The horns just need to parlay that stellar recruiting into more than 3 conference wins

We're more of a preseason type team. The hype is real come July and August! :D

We're more of a preseason type team. The hype is real come July and August! :D
I hear you... I'd just like the Hawks to lose by less than 30 in their next bowl game

And Alabama just talked Jarez Parks, a top 100 player in the country, to grayshirt and not enroll until January 2018.

LOL. Bastards.

And Alabama just talked Jarez Parks, a top 100 player in the country, to grayshirt and not enroll until January 2018.

LOL. Bastards.

Saw they also pulled some kids scholarship offer minutes before he was announcing he was going to Bama. Some pics out there of him crying and having to tell everyone at his announcement he was still looking. Ouch.

LOL. Bastards.

Saw they also pulled some kids scholarship offer minutes before he was announcing he was going to Bama. Some pics out there of him crying and having to tell everyone at his announcement he was still looking. Ouch.

Same kid Nate...he did not have a committable offer unless some others fell through and they didn't. Surprised that he is willing to wait with the grayshirt route.

By the accounts I have read, Parks would have committed to Bama anytime he was told that he could, but the numbers never allowed the coaching staff to give him the ok.

Back