Cold or room temp pork and beans?

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
In the summer I keep a can of pork and beans in the fridge to serve as a side dish. It usually accompanies hamburgers or hot dogs on the grill or a BLT. Only Van de Camps brand will do. Anybody else do this?

• Love
Reactions: J4U
I'm good with them cold. They're a little thicker that way, I like the texture.

ooh, heat those bad boys up on the stove!

Both ways are good with me. Enjoy them hot or cold.

Hot or cold, just make sure a bag of Lay's potato chips are nearby.

Hot or cold, just make sure a bag of Lay's potato chips are nearby.
I finally outgrew the urge around age 23 or 24 but I can't tell you how many times I gave myself serious gastric distress by eating a ginormous can of pork and beans with lots and lots and lots of Lays potato chip on the side and called it "lunch".

Cold is a no bueno texture

I finally outgrew the urge around age 23 or 24 but I can't tell you how many times I gave myself serious gastric distress by eating a ginormous can of pork and beans with lots and lots and lots of Lays potato chip on the side and called it "lunch".
Been there, done that. Back in my working construction days on the road, I called it supper. Also, I don't recommend washing it down with a half gallon of chocolate milk. :LOL:

Eww

Having had cold leftover p&b I don't think I would care for them cold the first time around. Room temp maybe, but not mechanical refrigeration cold.

I’m good either way, but no way I’m just opening up a can and eating them.

I’ve done both, and will again most likely, but prefer room temp.

Room temp.

Cold is the best and straight out of the fridge! Right out of the can!

No middle ground, or in chili.

I am passing on pork and beans at any temperature. My wife and daughter would be in though. I'm 100% in warm or hot Bush's Baked Beans though.

I don't even like them hot. I just open the can at room temp and eat them that way.

Baked bean cold…..

absolutely.

This thread is making me want to go buy a big can of Van Camps pork n beans, cut up some hot dogs, and have beanie weenies for dinner!

I can just barely do them hot.

Heat em up or toss em. The only time room temp P&B's are acceptable are Zombie apocalypse or food shortages.

Back