Cobra LTDx Driver Lineup

A fair bit more testing with my Std head and the LS and man they are both SOOOOO GOOD.

Leaning toward the std head for my game. My miss and poor habits get me into very low spin and the std head just seems to keep the ball in the sky that bit longer for me.

Std head is gorgeous in the all black everything…
image.jpg

A fair bit more testing with my Std head and the LS and man they are both SOOOOO GOOD.

Leaning toward the std head for my game. My miss and poor habits get me into very low spin and the std head just seems to keep the ball in the sky that bit longer for me.

Std head is gorgeous in the all black everything…
View attachment 9089847
While I like the special editions, I wish they would allow them to be paired with any shaft in their catalog and not forced into a specific one.

I am convinced this is the best driver Cobra has put out in the last 5 years. The progression from the F8 to the F9 was significant. I feel they took a step back with Speedzone and then RADSpeed had them back on the right track which led here to the LTDx which I think is the best looking and sounding since the F9. I find this head to be a little more muted than the RADSpeed yet still has that powerful feel without being harsh. I still think the F9 was the best sounding but almost feels mushy now compared to this.

The LTDx is so easy to launch and so easy to square up, that is where I think the standard head wins over the LS for me. My big miss has always been the high right spinny fade and is bascially gone now, in fact my miss with this head is left. I can actually play a draw again! With regards to launch, forever in fittings my launch hovers around 10-11 and I'm easily getting 13-15 with this head. Its weird to look at to my eyes because its not what I'm used to but man the ball just flies.

Man I need to get out soon and hit this driver more. It’s just so good on every level. Haven’t had time to tweak lofts or anything, but at standard it’s long, easy to elevate (I play a 9 degree), and so, so straight. Just addictive to hit.

The joys of a cross country move 😒

I'm going to have to agree with what a lot of you guys are saying, three LTDx is such a great driver. I continue to bed impressed by the stability and how easy it is to square the head up. I replaced the RDX Blue with Smoke im10 and I'm having much more consistent results. I still have a Rogue White I bought that I can try but at this point I'm not sure I need to.

Knock on wood I've been keeping the ball in play off the tee extremely well compared to what I'm used to. I'm sure I'm giving up a little distance compared to the LS but the consistency is probably worth it. I still have the LS I can try but my desire to even give it a chance is almost completely gone at this point.

183DC328-0FEB-40F5-8EF6-630A3C9A13CE.jpeg
@jaymo great round, me not so much…71% FIR with the standard length build.

The LTDx has continued to perform for me. I have noticed some misses way out on the toe and it has corrected and I’ve hit fairways. Out performs my F9 and has been refreshing finding more fairways. Oh and I forgot to mention, it goes a mile.

Y’all… can we take a minute to talk about good this driver sounds and feels?

Easily the best sounding and feeling driver I’ve gamed. I need more time to figure out how to describe it but the first nine holes was such an enjoyable experience.

Best way to speak of it at the moment is how my brother reacted on the course with me today. He gets out at best maybe once a month. Loves the game but isn’t a gearhead and I can’t recall a time he’s ever commented on the clubs. After the tee shot on the second hole, he does a double take and looks at my driver in hand and realizes it’s a new one. It sounded so good he took notice.

LS is that bit nicer to my ears/feels than the std head. The ball melts into the face on the LS. The std head is still good but a bit, touch, teeny bit more hollow in the feels/sound.

So a little play by play today.

First hole: bad swing, swipey high right spinny miss. I know this shot well and should have been expected after walking right onto the first tee.

Second hole: overcompensated from lack of turn on one, duck hook left, uh-oh, did I make a mistake was the thought

Fourth hole: took a tentative swing after the first two, caught it high in the face but the ball still went, that mirrored my testing that is good with a high miss

Sixth hole: best swing of the day, the hole calls for a draw which is not my shape, figured why not give it a go and hit a nice draw that pulled right around the dogleg and split the fairway, not a ton of yardage as I took a little off to work on path but if I can work this right to left it will be something. Maybe the zero CG has merit.

Ninth hole: hit a bomb down the left side, carried 240 which is pretty deep for me. Wished the rain hadn’t blown in so I could have gotten more play with it.

In my fitting, the fitter was torn between keeping the loft at 9° or turning down to 8° to help bring spin down just a bit. I’ve played the first 3 rounds and 3 nine hole rounds with it at 9°. I’m going to turn it down to 8° for the next 4 or so rounds to see how it compares on course. Here are the stats so far from Shot Scope.

Fairway - 61% (up from 47% with old driver)
Miss left - 19% (10.2 yards from fw avg)
Miss right- 14% (6.8 yards from fw avg) the big miss right is gone!

Playing Avg - 278 yards (286 old driver)
Full avg - 264 yards (258 old driver)
Longest - 302 yards (335 old driver)

As far as non-statistical impressions go, my previous driver is the Radspeed. Looking down at the two, the LTDx just looks cleaner to me. I like the way the face blends into the crown. It doesn’t have the rough edge that overlaps like the Radspeed and that’s nice. The logo on top is darker and gives a cleaner look to me too. The sound is great. I think @willplaysgolf described it as a nice thwack and that couldn’t be more spot on. You get that nice sound across the face so it’s hard to hear if you hit it off the heel or toe but you can definitely feel it when you do. On that rare center face contact that “thwack” does perk up just a bit and you know you hit it dead on.

Extremely happy with it so far and very excited to finish the testing at 8° so I can start swapping out the shafts 😂
View attachment 9089944
@jaymo great round, me not so much…71% FIR with the standard length build.
Those are some really good FIR results! I can hardly wait for mine to get here.

Y’all… can we take a minute to talk about good this driver sounds and feels?
I have the LTDx as well as the Callaway max LS and honestly at this time I couldn’t pick which one has better sound and feel. I think. It comes down to shaft and I have the Accra tz six in the Callaway and Trono in the LTDx so as of right now the Cally has the slight lead. With that being said I also have my wife’s Helium with a cobra tip and the head feels fantastic even thought the shaft is too soft. New shaft for the LTDx in coming hopefully to make this fight a little closer

I have the LTDx as well as the Callaway max LS and honestly at this time I couldn’t pick which one has better sound and feel. I think. It comes down to shaft and I have the Accra tz six in the Callaway and Trono in the LTDx so as of right now the Cally has the slight lead. With that being said I also have my wife’s Helium with a cobra tip and the head feels fantastic even thought the shaft is too soft. New shaft for the LTDx in coming hopefully to make this fight a little closer
I feel like it may be a banner year for drivers

Man, the LTDx is good.

I'm giving up a little distance based on range battle, but this thing really wants to get square. Plays a little fadey even in the +1 setting.

I want to see what the LS is about, but I'm worried I'd get excited too much chasing the distance.

Man, the LTDx is good.

I'm giving up a little distance based on range battle, but this thing really wants to get square. Plays a little fadey even in the +1 setting.

I want to see what the LS is about, but I'm worried I'd get excited too much chasing the distance.
I’m also finding it a bit fadey which goes against marketing. Oh well has to be me but the Callaway Rogue St Max LS is not fadey at all for me

Switched shafts today to the LinQ gunmetal, I wouldn’t say ball flight was as much different but had some really good center contact today and it looks really good with the blue head.

85F19FB0-D3C1-443A-B59A-B0291A65334F.jpeg

This is starting to get into Twilight Zone ridiculous for an old man like I am. I hadn’t picked up a club for two weeks. I ran to the course with no time to hit any balls. Did a little stretching, some practice swings and unleashed a 304 yard drive right down the middle to leave me about 35 yards to the green on a short opening hole. I pitched to about 5 feet and promptly missed the birdie putt. The second hole was par 3. On the third hole, I totally missed it, coming dangerously close to sky mark territory. 🤮 I still was in the fairway, and able to play a second shot on a par 5. The fourth hole calls for a three wood off the tee for me. On the fifth hole, the golf gods looked down with favor on me and I unleashed a 332 yard drive. I birdied the hole.

7ACECEB8-8A9E-4385-A2DA-E3D87EC1E5EF.jpeg

According to Arccos, I averaged 280 yards off the tee for my round, which includes all par 4s and 5s, even when teeing off with something other than driver. I feel like the clock has turned back for me. The LTDX LS is the best Cobra driver that I have ever hit, and I have hit all of the releases since the F7.

Last edited:
The max head I ordered with the Trono 65s is at home now. Put the max head on the Helium and the Trono went into the LTDX. I ordered it 1/4” long and the swing weight is a whopping d7.5. Going cut 1/2” off and see where it ends up
SW should be D4.5 . Rule 3 SW point reduction if you shorten 1/2 inch

This is starting to get into Twilight Zone ridiculous for an old man like I am. I hadn’t picked up a club for two weeks. I ran to the course with no time to hit any balls. Did a little stretching, some practice swings and unleashed a 304 yard drive right down the middle to leave me about 35 yards to the green on a short opening hole. I pitched to about 5 feet and promptly missed the birdie putt. The second hole was par 3. On the third hole, I totally missed it, coming dangerously close to sky mark territory. 🤮 I still was in the fairway, and able to play a second shot on a par 5. The fourth hole calls for a three wood off the tee for me. On the fifth hole, the golf gods looked down with favor, and I unleashed a 332 yard drive. I birdied the hole.

View attachment 9090311

According to Arccos, I averaged 280 yards off the tee for my round, which includes all par 4s and 5s, even when teeing off with something other than driver. I feel like the clock has turned back for me. The LTDX LS is the best Cobra driver that I have ever hit, and I have hit all of the releases since the F7.

I'm seeing some shorter distances on my approach shots as well. Yesterday, I hit 5 iron pin high(213 yards) on my approach to the 510-yard par 5 5th hole at my home club and the wind was light and quartering across so only helped a little. The landing area is uphill, starting at about 255 yards, so there is never a bunch of rollout on that fairway. The shortest iron I've ever had in there before was a 20º utility iron, with a lot of wind helping.

Back