Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

Stopped by Dicks today just because I didnt want to come back to work yet after lunch and saw the Long Tom chillin in its rack. Tom is so long it actually doesnt fit correctly in the rack and sort of just "rest" in it. Made me LOL

This got hit on the range before the round. Chunky and I were both impressed with it. The long shaft was a non issue, I didn't hit any massive blocks or slices right with it. My miss with it was actually a little left.

This got hit on the range before the round. Chunky and I were both impressed with it. The long shaft was a non issue, I didn't hit any massive blocks or slices right with it. My miss with it was actually a little left.

That's interesting to hear, especially for smaller guys (no offense intended). I always wondered how a longer shaft would fare for me. Besides, the finished version of this driver is downright sessy.

That's interesting to hear, especially for smaller guys (no offense intended). I always wondered how a longer shaft would fare for me. Besides, the finished version of this driver is downright sessy.

I like the finished version better, but I find the raw version pretty cool to look at.

Ddec, thats nice to hear. I hit this on the sim at Golfsmith the other day and actually really liked what I saw. I found that my issue was a pull with it, which was odd for me, but then again, it was on a sim.

Ddec, thats nice to hear. I hit this on the sim at Golfsmith the other day and actually really liked what I saw. I found that my issue was a pull with it, which was odd for me, but then again, it was on a sim.

Did you think it was a big issue hitting a 48 inch shaft? I really didn't think it was a big deal at all. After the first couple of swings it was just like any other driver to me. I has that same adjustment when it came to the lightweight Miyazaki shafts in the launchers and mashies. Couple swings and then it became see ball, hit ball.

I saw this at my local shop... Um... not for me! Tooooooooo long and what is up with the 3 inch grip?

With a shotmaker it would rock hehe

Saw this at my golf shop today picked it up and loved the look of it. I would have no interest in a club that long but if you can hit it have fun with it.

Thats what I love to hear.... Hmmmm.....

I want to mash this golf club.

Last edited:
Did you think it was a big issue hitting a 48 inch shaft? I really didn't think it was a big deal at all. After the first couple of swings it was just like any other driver to me. I has that same adjustment when it came to the lightweight Miyazaki shafts in the launchers and mashies. Couple swings and then it became see ball, hit ball.
Exactly. First time I held the Black Driver i thought it was crazy light in hand. When I held the Long Tom, I thought it was long and awkward, after a couple swings it felt fine.

Just picked one of these up when I was at the store waiting around...it just kind of felt "unfinished" to me. I dont know if it was just because of the looks being flat black but even the grip just felt weird to me. I didn't get a chance to hit it but was kind of surprised by it. The thing is super light though and I hope next time I can actually hit some balls with it.

It is an interesting club. Given the chance, I would try it out.

I saw this at my local shop... Um... not for me! Tooooooooo long and what is up with the 3 inch grip?

You mean 3" as in it only goes 3 inches down from the butt? I assume that's an exageration but maybe they are trying to keep people from choking up and shortening the length, therefore eliminating the distance gains?

longtom-4__large.jpg

This will be a very long club if anyone can hit it right!! I see a lot of people getting theirs trimmed an inch or two in the near future...

This will be a very long club if anyone can hit it right!! I see a lot of people getting theirs trimmed an inch or two in the near future...
If they do that, then they may as well just get a regular length driver.

I hit this driver at a demo day today. Can you say fore right?

I really had a hard time getting this big ole boy on an inside to out swing plane. I also had a problem with consistent contact. On the ones I did manage to get squared up on, they seemed to go and go and go.

Here are some videos of forum members ddec and chunkylover hitting the Long Tom. I have to say after a day at the range with it, surprisingly it was not a huge issue with hitting it squarely as we first thought. All 3 of us were getting good distance, but none of us really struggled with the accuracy side of it.

Great videos JB! How would you compare this distance wise to the others you were hitting? Seeing any massive distance gains? I mean, as I understand it, that is the whole intent of this club.

Great videos JB! How would you compare this distance wise to the others you were hitting? Seeing any massive distance gains? I mean, as I understand it, that is the whole intent of this club.

Did not hit it on the course where distance is easier to judge or with the launch monitor, but it is a fair assumption that yes, the distance was quite noticeable.

I'll have to watch those videos later, but I'm laughing at the still frame in the first video right now hehe.

I can't wait to watch these videos. I've never seen a person swing a driver that is taller than them. SHould be good!

I wonder if this driver then would play to a better golfer? I had a lot of trouble hitting this one but I know I don't have the consistency of you three on the tee.

Hmmmmmmmm it might be fun poking this stick a few times :D

lol @ chunky. He looked like he was going to topple over after swinging this monster. LONG TOM!

Dean has a solid setup...looked good in the tee

Back