Cobra DARKSPEED Irons

I can‘t wait to hit these this weekend. I know some have said they’re too low spin but that’s not a bad thing for me. At my last fitting I was getting over 7500 on my 7i. I think less spin would help me get some distance back.
These things launch like crazy, so losing some spin definitely won’t hurt you.

Can anyone compare these to the aerojets? Seriously contemplating going OL and the Aerojet price is just too tempting.

I have the LTDx's and really liked the Aerojets.
If I was looking for a new set geting the Aerojets would be a great option.

I just ordered a Darkspeed 4i the Aerojets were sold out.

Definitely a little more compact than I was expecting. Little chunkier top line but smaller sole than the zx4 mkiis

View attachment 9263932

View attachment 9263933
One of the most surprising aspects of the Darkspeed irons for me: they just don't LOOK like my expectation of a game improvement irons. While the top line isn't "thin", they are much more compact than expected!

Definitely a little more compact than I was expecting. Little chunkier top line but smaller sole than the zx4 mkiis

View attachment 9263932

View attachment 9263933
cobra has done a really really good iob in this space with their last few iron iterations. Continues from Aaerojet to Darkspeed.
Very very aesthetically appealing for the GI space where there is all this tech to help you while quite slim at address, relative to some others in this category.

What's your usual length spec?

been fit to +1/2".

played prior OL set at standard, which is technically 8i length if you believe my fitting.

bought these used and they had a 1" extension in them.

been fit to +1/2".

played prior OL set at standard, which is technically 8i length if you believe my fitting.

bought these used and they had a 1" extension in them.
Ooh so they are back to standard length, got it

Experimented with the Darkspeed irons after @jdtox said something about the lie angle on these. They are quite a bit upright in their stock config. I hit a good number on a darkspeed 7i at standard, then had it changed to 2degrees flat. Suffice to say it made a pretty big difference in dispersion. And just from a feel perspective, I felt like I was getting some very crispy contact on way more swings. Descent angle still needs some work which will probably require loft tweaks but I can figure that out down the line. Lie angle flatter was definitely a score!

Oh yeah, did I mention that these look really good? Finish on these look better and better every time I see em.
Looking forward to having these as part of my Morgan Cup bag!

Can anyone compare these to the aerojets? Seriously contemplating going OL and the Aerojet price is just too tempting.
I have limited time with the Darkspeed irons, but I’m still playing my Aerojets from last year. I demoed the Darkspeed irons and they are fairly close in size. The finish on the Darkspeed irons is really nice. Performance wise, they were pretty close to my Aerojets, but a little better. With the right shaft, I could probably pick up a few yards consistently. I will say the Darkspeed felt a little better. The hollow body design has a different feel. It felt denser to me. If you have a chance to demo them, I’d recommend going that route. You’re going to get a great set of irons either way, but you may not have the same opinion on feel or maybe get different results from the irons.

Hit the Darkspeed in my fitting. Had it set to 2* weak. Man the club is hot! Tons of speed and distance for sure. Wasn't the best fit for me, because I deloft, launch low and spin very little. But I was super impressed with the feel and look of them. You can feel where and how you strike them for sure.

I'm sure I could find a shaft, ball and setup combo to make it work, but that wasn't the case this time. As to a comparison to LTDx and AJ, which I've both gamed? Darkspeed looks better, launches better and feels better.

Finally finally got a few swings in with the one lengths.

They are hot and high. Really hold speed well out toward the toe. Surprisingly easy to flight down a little bit as well. The moon shots with the PW are fun but build some concerns about adding the OL GW.

The OL progression continues. The 6i was super easy to elevate. Curious to see once on course but I don’t think holding greens will be an issue.

The offset and lightweight shafts really make me have to control the swing more. Really really hard to get them to move L->R in this set up. Might break out the lead tape next time out.

Back