Cobra DARKSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Does anyone know how big the fairway wood heads are. I don’t see it listed on the cobra website?

Ok so at some point @JB had said he was really excited about a fairway wood this year and I’ve now not seen him say “this is the one I was talking about” yet with the release this week. I was expecting it to be the Cobrz after he didn’t comment on Callaway or TM. Did I miss it somewhere or is there still something to come?

These look awesome too! I bet they can put a hurt on the ball! I’m more intrigued by the hybrid than I thought I would be; will need to see how it looks in person!

LIN-Q stock shafts for the win! Seriously so cool to see. I’m sure they will continue to surprise a lot of golfers

OK Darkspeed fairway woods, this is the year!!! I am going to have a spot in the bag and it will stay there. 5w, I am looking at you, we are going to get along swell. Just like the drivers, absolutely love the aesthetic of these.

I absolutely love my AJ 5w. But knowing how well I hit the DS driver, it has me super intrigued about the 5w. I'll definitely hit it and see how it stacks up. It looks phenomenal

I was browsing the Cobra site this morning, interesting that the size of the heads isn't mentioned in the charts, Cobra usually lists that. However I did notice a little unexpected bonus in the X model specs... in fact I had to do a double take. There is a 3HF head with a standard loft of 16.5 :love: :love:

This is part of the bag I am looking to upgrade this year..... oh my these look good.

Just based off of wants.... I am thinking

3W X or Max for tee ball purposes

3HF for par 5

and thennnnn just to round out, 3,4,5 Hybrids for funnzies

fingers crossed I get into the Morgan Cup this year :LOL: :LOL:

This is part of the bag I am looking to upgrade this year..... oh my these look good.

Just based off of wants.... I am thinking

3W X or Max for tee ball purposes

3HF for par 5

and thennnnn just to round out, 3,4,5 Hybrids for funnzies

fingers crossed I get into the Morgan Cup this year :LOL: :LOL:
@jdtox what? haha too many headcovers? Im trying to increase launch and ease of use man!! especially since I am a tad too picky about my iron choices/preferences.

thinking on this now.... mayyyybe just get the darkspeed driver..... shorten my current LTDx to make a second driver, then go 3HF for second shot par 5 deals..... and possibly a 3H to round out the top of the bag....

Last edited:
I was browsing the Cobra site this morning, interesting that the size of the heads isn't mentioned in the charts, Cobra usually lists that. However I did notice a little unexpected bonus in the X model specs... in fact I had to do a double take. There is a 3HF head with a standard loft of 16.5 :love: :love:
Noticed that too! That's a really interesting option. But is there something else that's different besides the loft?

I'm stating the obvious, but...that is DARK(speed). Stunning.
They are very nice in person and head over is the best. Trying on course tomorrow.

They are very nice in person and head over is the best. Trying on course tomorrow.
Being a week out from my first opportunity to hit these, I very much look forward to hearing your impressions after getting it on the course tomorrow. Which head/shaft combo did you go with @MSEASU?

***Apologies if I missed where you'd already mentioned which model you landed on.

Being a week out from my first opportunity to hit these, I very much look forward to hearing your impressions after getting it on the course tomorrow. Which head/shaft combo did you go with @MSEASU?

***Apologies if I missed where you'd already mentioned which model you landed on.
14.5ls with linq 7s. I’m am putting the weight back though for launch.

Ok dumb question. What is HF? I am assuming high fly and the purpose is for those that struggle to launch 3woods?

Ok dumb question. What is HF? I am assuming high fly and the purpose is for those that struggle to launch 3woods?
Don't hold me to this, @Wonger, but I believe heard today it was more aimed at the end game (holding a green) than simply just aimed toward folks who have a hard time launching. I may be saying that wrong. They talked alot about two camps: those who use the 3W more as a tee club vs those looking for (long) approach shots into the greens.

Saw these today at PGASS, love the matte black finish. Held the Max fairway in the aisle next to the AJ Max and they looked similar in size to me. Didn’t have them to hit but can’t wait to get the chance.

Saw these today at PGASS, love the matte black finish. Held the Max fairway in the aisle next to the AJ Max and they looked similar in size to me. Didn’t have them to hit but can’t wait to get the chance.
Same here. Was out a fairfax today for the Callaway demo. The finish on these looks awesome. I think the hybrid was my favorite out of the bunch looks wise. Size was perfect for me and the finish just makes them look mean. I think this line is going to appeal to a lot of golfers. I'll be going back to hit these for sure.

Anyone hit these yet? They look amazing.

I’m still pretty geeked the LS fairway is titanium. Can’t wait to see the speed potential in them.

LS 5W, turned to 19, with the M40X White 7F5.

Someone tell me why I shouldn't put that up against the new Apex UW 19?

New Girl I Give Up GIF

I'm about to put a Smoke 5W up against my UW 17 so I say go for it.

It would be suspect if you didn’t 🤣

Back