Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

Its a coin flip between 10.5 LS and 9* X honestly. Kind of leaning the 9* X

You should get the 8 LS because.. Internet. lol

And, I really really liked the slight shape difference that is offered in the 8* head. So I couldn't go 9 or 10 degree and loft down or hold it. It is just enough different that I was willing to sacrifice for that particular head shape. Which oddly enough I am not sure gets talked enough about..
Have you actually lofted it up and seen the difference? I just tried it and when I measured it, its literally bordering on nothing.

Have you actually lofted it up and seen the difference? I just tried it and when I measured it, its literally bordering on nothing.
I haven't. But I will do some testing and get back to you.

I haven't. But I will do some testing and get back to you.
Im super intersted to see if it alters things for you. I find it pretty fascinating.

Im super intersted to see if it alters things for you. I find it pretty fascinating.
I can get on a sim tomorrow.

Has Cobra been fairly low on the spin spectrum over the last couple releases, or nah?
I think they have certainly gotten better than years past but aren't as low as others. They have done a great job of making even low spin models playable for many.

I think they have certainly gotten better than years past but aren't as low as others. They have done a great job of making even low spin models playable for many.
That is part of what drew me away from them a bit is that I felt like they went low/mid to mid where I'm hunting for big low low with loft.

The evolution is so interesting.

I don’t know where my swing is going to evolve to as the season progresses, but I sincerely see no reason not to play the LS head, particularly with the heavy weight back. Today, I compared it to one of the premier newly released “max” or standard type heads. The other head gave me a little more peak height, but I was giving up about two to three mph ball speed and around 8 yards total distance. The left right dispersion is every bit as good with the LS head, too.

These are representative shots and pretty much what I am seeing in multiple sessions on TrackMan:

IMG_6471.jpegIMG_6472.jpegIMG_6473.jpegIMG_6474.jpegIMG_6476.jpegIMG_6477.jpeg

I keep trying to tell myself that I don’t fit with an LS head, but I am kind of done talking myself out of it, because the numbers speak for themselves. I am going on a little roadtrip this weekend and I am planning to take just one driver, the DarkSpeed LS, set up just as it is.

Went out for 6 holes to wrap up my workday. Really getting into a groove with mine now. I lofted it up to 12* and liked the ball flight a lot. Caught one high middle of the face and had really nice distance. It went high but carried forever. I’ve loved the toe so far. It’s kind of a piercing draw out there with some nice roll out. The heel is a fairly good squeeze fade. The center feels like a pogo stick and just blasts the ball for me. Really fun driver. Everyone should go hit it.

Such a big want on this, AND i see the UST LinQ Blue in the standard options

I was fit into Darkspeed X at 10.5 or Max at 9. Both were giving me really good numbers.
Was the heavier weight in the back or front position for you?

I think I'm just going to buy one tonight. The fomo currently is real and it would give me a reason to go hit balls haha
Feel ya Cap. Hard to sit back and listen to all the THPrs that got onboard Darkspeed early, talk about the new lineup and not want to just go get one! Looks like the outdoor season here is going to get underway super early which also contributes to the itch!

I usually play a 9* head and sit in the 13*-14* launch but with the LS I have found it launches a bit lower for me. Currently have it in the +1* setting and I am liking the results. On a side note I didn’t really notice the face shutting much at all

First sim round with the 10.5 X a +1. Saw a really consistent flight path. I was pushing everything a bit right today, but the numbers and consistency were really good. 225-230 yds carry all day. Some better hit in the 240-250 range.

Received my 9 degree LS with M40x white 6F4 last night. Will be testing that out vs my ST-Z 220 on the sim tonight. I got a chance to try the LS out at GG back in January but my swing was so rusty it really wasn't a fair comparison, but did see improvements in spin and ball speed at the time compared to the Mizuno. I have always been high launch/ high spin so hoping I can really get dialed in with the LS. Was able to snag this one off the rewards site from work (just like my Mizuno), can't complain about a free driver that looks this damn sexy

Going to be playing with loft later today. Stay tuned.

I have many many thoughts to share on the LS this afternoon, but for right now...

It's not the numbers some of you freaks put up, but I could play this.... its 9.0 with heavy forward set to standard loft.

Screenshot (229).png

I have many many thoughts to share on the LS this afternoon, but for right now...

It's not the numbers some of you freaks put up, but I could play this.... its 9.0 with heavy forward set to standard loft.

View attachment 9247250
the part that scares me is that heat map in the corner.

the part that scares me is that heat map in the corner.
You can bet your ass I stopped after the 7th shot and saved the data set hahahaha

The hook was coming. :LOL:

View attachment 9247250
Maybe some extra ball speed with 9 and heavy weight in front vs 8 with heavy weight in back?

View attachment 9247250
I would do naughty things for this..

1709918077021.png

Back