Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

Been out last evening and this morning.

Sound and feel so far are great. Cobra really bridges the middle ground of sound between carbon and metal. You get nice notes of both with their woods and this driver is no different. Definitely a good feeling club.

Performance is good too. This has all kinds of pop and feels like a pogo off the center of the face. I think traditional LS players wanting a little more forgiveness might have a winner in this driver.

Been out last evening and this morning.

Sound and feel so far are great. Cobra really bridges the middle ground of sound between carbon and metal. You get nice notes of both with their woods and this driver is no different. Definitely a good feeling club.

Performance is good too. This has all kinds of pop and feels like a pogo off the center of the face. I think traditional LS players wanting a little more forgiveness might have a winner in this driver.
The thing there is the LS with heavy back is on par with the X in forgiveness.

Reactions: MH
Esp if the X weight is in the front port.

Esp if the X weight is in the front port.
It’s mind boggling just how forgiving the LS is with the weight back.

I’m kind of curious about that. The X seems to be pretty low spin for its class. Are there folks who would get more forgiveness from the LS model?

I’m kind of curious about that. The X seems to be pretty low spin for its class. Are there folks who would get more forgiveness from the LS model?
I don’t think moooooooooore, but pretty equal to if like @ddec mentioned the weight in the X is forward.

I know for me the bigger playability difference is my miss is more vertical on the face, so the added depth of the LS helps a lot there.

They’re both badass drivers, I’m just stunned at how playable the LS is when that weight is put back into cheat mode haha

The Aerojet is and has performed well but Darkspeed waits in the shadows

The Aerojet is and has performed well but Darkspeed waits in the shadows
Darkspeed is going to pummel Aerojet.

I don’t think moooooooooore, but pretty equal to if like @ddec mentioned the weight in the X is forward.

I know for me the bigger playability difference is my miss is more vertical on the face, so the added depth of the LS helps a lot there.

They’re both badass drivers, I’m just stunned at how playable the LS is when that weight is put back into cheat mode haha
Have you played around with any other weight configurations? Like 6-6-6 or anything aside from the 3 stock weights?

Have you played around with any other weight configurations? Like 6-6-6 or anything aside from the 3 stock weights?
Nope, I’ve not, mainly because I’m trying to not buy as much stuff right now hahahaha

Are you wavering at all on your mindset to go with the X?
He never will, out of pride alone. Hes the anti-LS guy and I love him. 😜

He never will, out of pride alone. Hes the anti-LS guy and I love him. 😜
I’ll be curious to what he thinks if a couple of weeks. I was leaning X all the way until I starting digging into LS a bit more.

I’ll be curious to what he thinks if a couple of weeks. I was leaning X all the way until I starting digging into LS a bit more.
I’m going to make him hit the 8.0 head.

Are you wavering at all on your mindset to go with the X?
There is temptation for sure but as of now I still lean 9* X with weight forward. I will likely do a proper fitting at some point to be sure

I’m going to make him hit the 8.0 head.
One way to make the 9.0 to feel even more comfortable for him. I get it.

There is temptation for sure but as of now I still lean 9* X with weight forward. I will likely do a proper fitting at some point to be sure
Sipping Tea Time GIF

This is exactly why I'm pondering the LS so hard. My main miss is vertical. And since I also have a Red TSPX 7F4 incoming, it would be cool to see what that combined with the 10.5 LS would do for me.

Will have two 8g weights to play will when we get home from Disney, kinda wish I ordered two 6g and one 8g to mess with

Thinking I will start with one with both 8’s up front but thinking one in the back and heel will be the winner and if not I will play the standard weight set up.

Back