Cobra Brings Back Trusty Rusty Wedges

Im right there with you both. I loved my wedges this week and wish I would have gone with the TR gap wedge over my amp cell gap. They were game from everywhere I hit and I gained great confidence with them for the short amount of time I spent with them.

There always seems to be a piece of equipment that just surprises me. Last year it was the J40 hybrid, this year it was these. If I'm being honest, I had very low expectations for them, I really wanted the Tour Trusty in my bag. But what I found was that the 57 degree wedge did everything I needed it to do. Out of the sand it was phenomenal, outside of 1 shot that comes to mind, I had a really good chance at up and down every time. I also may have hit the best bunker shot of my life with it as well. There were other shots where you had strange situations like being on a big down-slope and having to get the ball up quick to some short sided pins and these were able to do that.

When it comes to the 53, it got delivered about halfway through Media Day. So I spent the rest of the day just hitting it. Full swings, pitch shots, took it over to the short game area. I really wanted to try to get familiar with it. I figured it easily would be 90-100 yard club. Without spending more than just media day with it, I was in my mind hoping I could avoid those shots. Well that worked out just as planed, not really. It got used a lot. Mostly using it for just full swings, everything was fine.

I am really looking forward to seeing more of what these can do, because they were a big surprise for me. I know some people in the past and at the MC talked about them really digging in, but I did not notice that. Oh and the rusted finish looks better than the chrome and the black. But man does the Chrome finish rust up nicely.

Dean had some terrific shots with these this past weekend. And I mean FANTASTIC, its a shame the most memorable was not on video. However, the celebration afterwards was downright shameful and embarrassing that I was apart of it. Golfers w/o coordination for $1000 Alex.

Dean had some terrific shots with these this past weekend. And I mean FANTASTIC, its a shame the most memorable was not on video. However, the celebration afterwards was downright shameful and embarrassing that I was apart of it. Golfers w/o coordination for $1000 Alex.

that celebration was downright awesome. We are golfers and we showed it.

Here are some pictures of my wedges. The big surprise to me was how the chrome wedge has seemed to rust more than the rusted finish. The 57 has about 7 rounds under its belt plus media day. The 53 has 3 rounds and half of media day.

y6u4yte4.jpg
pysu3a9a.jpg
dytyperu.jpg

uqaqudu7.jpg
aqa8u7et.jpg
ypy3y8a5.jpg

Totally agree with everything here. MUCH better than I anticipated. Out of the sand they are nothing short of magical. Spin was very good and control was even better. Very solid wedges.
I'll second or third that, whatever we are up to, the performance on these is nothing short of stellar, by far the spin I saw on these were better than any wedge I've had previously, and the versatility was amazing. I really felt confident when I pulled my 57* Trusty Rusty!!!

So are these going to be staying in the bag for a while?

These served me well today!

e6e4uqu3.jpg

Cobra Brings Back Trusty Rusty Wedges

If you want these babies to rust... I put them inside a wet towel and sprinkled a bit of normal table salt on them, left them outside in the sun for a couple of hours and then in a boiler / maintenance room which is warm for the rest of the day until the towel was dry, instant rust on all three clubs. Awesome!

If you want these babies to rust... I put them inside a wet towel and sprinkled a bit of normal table salt on them, left them outside in the sun for a couple of hours and then in a boiler / maintenance room which is warm for the rest of the day until the towel was dry, instant rust on all three clubs. Awesome!

Good advice dude!

I'm gonna have to give that a shot. You didn't tell us you were a scientists as well.

Siri speaks for me!

I've got a 53* and 57* barely used with DGS200 dark steel shafts I'd like to trade. Gonna take pics and post a thread. Not looking to sell but trade. Just giving a heads up.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Had these for about a month already and while I have no problems executing my normal full wedge shots, my touch shots around the green is suffering. Not sure if its the tri bounce thingy or what.

This wedge sets up so nice at address.

y6e4y5a4.jpg

Okay..I'm officially in love !

Hit one in a bunker #cookie. These wedges really shine in the sand. #gotime

Hit one in a bunker #cookie. These wedges really shine in the sand. #gotime

Thanks, I'll do that. Rocking the 55* today, really good on full shots and about to practice short game.

Back