I've had mine in hand for almost two weeks now.

The first thing, and probably the biggest thing I LOVE about these irons is the way they interact with the turf. The irons they replaced (Maltby KE4 component set) would dig really bad (even when making good little ball/big ball contact), and were making me pretty sore. Wrists, right elbow and shoulder. The AMP irons practically cut the grass right at the ground! I really wish I had a camera with me at my last range session. I finished with a section of ground that was almost bare dirt, with little tiny grass hairs sticking out. They never once dug in and peeled out a nice section of sod, but instead just glided over the ground and shaved the grass off. It was awesome!

Based on the length and loft differences between the AMPs and my old set, I knew right away that they would be about one club longer throughout the set (loft on the AMP 7i is the same as my old 6i, and 1/4" shorter). So that has helped to give me a starting point to relearning distances. I bent my sand and lob wedges to fall in line with the new iron lofts, and will probably add a little length to them. Still need to hit some of my normal game balls at home to get that dialed in first as I just don't get the right distances out of my home course's range balls.

The other thing I really like is that I can work the ball now. My old irons were pretty forgiving, and I always had a really hard time working them right or left when I wanted to. They did however, seem to go right when I DIDN'T want them to! I'm pretty much in a groove so far to hit a high draw as a stock shot with these.

And I do believe the thermoplastic urethane (TPU) insert helps to absorb shock from mishits, as I have definitely hit a few out on the toe, and those did not sting anywhere near what my old irons would have. And well struck shots feels like there was no ball there at all.

I am VERY happy with this set of irons. The first thing I did was to replace the grips with my usual PURE Grips P2 Wrap. Otherwise, they feel awesome, and look even better.

I've since picked up a very slightly used AMP 4H, and it has definitely kicked the Taylormade R11 hybrid out. The AMP hybrid is ridiculously easy to hit, and I hit it much higher than the R11 hybrid, which is a good thing for me. Still looking for a slightly used AMP 3H now.

Did I mention they look awesome??

900x900px-LL-f95981a5_DSCN2507.jpeg

Sweet set glock! I can't wait to get my hands on some amps!

Well 6 months on and I still am enjoying a positive relationship with my Amp irons , the TM ATV wedge I had bent to 49 degrees fits in the gap nicely , and at the moment I am very happy with the contents of my bag , my driving needs working on , but this is me not the club , although I may invest in some launch monitor time to check the shaft is correct for me......

So if anyone is still thinking about these give them a try...get fitted ...you wont regret your descision , they are long , easy to hit , and forgiving ...they wont be leaving my bag for a long time ....

Happy Christmas everybody

I am going tomorrow for a fitting for AMP's :). I haven't decided if I want hybrids or straight irons

I am going tomorrow for a fitting for AMP's :). I haven't decided if I want hybrids or straight irons

enjoy the fitting I never hit the Amp hybrids but go for what feels best and gives the best results for you , personally i get on well with the Amp 4 iron and use a TM RBZ 3 hybrid , did hit the father in laws Amp 3 wood and loved it .
Keep us posted as to what you decide on and why good luck :act-up:

With the new colors available in the amp cells, I wonder how awesome these clubs would look in a red or blue instead of the orange.

With the new colors available in the amp cells, I wonder how awesome these clubs would look in a red or blue instead of the orange.

Personally I think they would look drop dead gorgeous in the blue! You know like the Lady with the Blue Dress on good :thumb:

Fitting went well. I came from a set Of GigaGolf MPX irons. I had 1.5 inches added.

Now I will be gaming Amp Irons!
My fitting showed me I only needed an extra inch and have them turned up 2. I was fitted for the KBS Plus Tour Shafts in regular flex. I'm a very big guy so my flex ability isn't what it should be.

After hitting with the hybrids it became very clear I shouldn't be anywhere near one.

So my set will be 4-9,G,P,S. I will order the Lob wedge down the line sometime after the wedding. I'm very excited to get them.

Fitting went well. I came from a set Of GigaGolf MPX irons. I had 1.5 inches added.

Now I will be gaming Amp Irons!
My fitting showed me I only needed an extra inch and have them turned up 2. I was fitted for the KBS Plus Tour Shafts in regular flex. I'm a very big guy so my flex ability isn't what it should be.

After hitting with the hybrids it became very clear I shouldn't be anywhere near one.

So my set will be 4-9,G,P,S. I will order the Lob wedge down the line sometime after the wedding. I'm very excited to get them.

So did you end up with two sets?

No just one. She had me bring in my crappy clone set to show how much of a difference between them.

No just one. She had me bring in my crappy clone set to show how much of a difference between them.

Gotcha, looks like your bag is slowly turning into a Cobra only, nicely done.

All but my putter. I will get the lob wedge when the cell line come out and prices drop a little more in normal amp irons

Keep hearing about great turf interaction. Can anyone comment on slightly fat shots and typical results? Anyone compare Kbs tour vs dynalites?

Keep hearing about great turf interaction. Can anyone comment on slightly fat shots and typical results? Anyone compare Kbs tour vs dynalites?

I hit fat or scoop mostly. I was getting a few more consistent yard with the KBS tour plus shafts

I hit a few fat ones when I first got the set (w/Dynalites). Still had fairly decent results, online but about 1/2 to a full club short. One that comes to mind was the last one I hit fat, had about 115 to the front edge of the green, front pin, with a bunker right in between. Had an awkward stance and hit the GW about 3-4" behind the ball. Flew right at the pin, but landed in the bunker. Got up and down though so I was pretty happy with the result.

Played my first round with these irons yesterday and so far I am quite impressed. The ball flight with these is considerably higher than my old CG7's, especially from the 4i-7i, making it way easier to play to a yardage, the ball lands soft all the way through the set. I'm not sure if the higher ball flight is because of the AMP technology in the club-head or if it's a trait of the graphite shafts. This is my first time with graphite shafts and I do enjoy the feel and light weight they offer, however, my distance control isn't as good as it was with the CG7's. I hit some 9i 145 and hit another 155, could have been because of a flyer lie as I was playing out of the rough all afternoon but throughout the set it didn't seem quite as consistent. I find it's much easier to swing down on the ball and take a nice divot with these clubs than my last set, again, not sure what exactly is the reason for this.
Hopefully with some more time I can figure out the distance control. My first thoughts are I love these club-heads, but I'm unsure about the graphite shafts just yet. It's probably just because it's quite a big change from what I'm used to.
You dumped graphite in a months time. Care to share some of your experiences?

KBS 90's, Dynalite 90's and tour pro plus

I didn't even touch a stiff club. My SS isn't enough for it. I didn't notice much difference between the 3 shafts I'm a hacker so I have no real swing. With the tour plus I was getting about 3 extra yards a a shot per track man.

Back