Cobra AMP Driver Review

yeah, that stuff never bothered me really. I said at the outing and on that it was a solid driver. Glad to see people are seeing that now.
I think there were quite a few folks that were impressed with the AMP line. Glad a lot of people are now turning on to this offering.

you were hitting Franks very well, I think you will be hitting bombs from here on out

I was able to swing the Amp driver about 5-6 times at the demo day in Iowa and came out pleasently surprised. I would have hit it another 20 more times if not for the mass of equipment that was out there. It felt great coming off the head and loved the flight of my ball. I will be giving this line a HARD look over the winter for sure!

Yeah it can't be beat. No more driver tinkering for a while.

It had to go Dave. It was going to be sitting in the garage and I hate that.

Yeah it can't be beat. No more driver tinkering for a while.

It had to go Dave. It was going to be sitting in the garage and I hate that.

and by that you mean what, a few weeks?

No I really think the playability for everything I have right now is good. Filled in a mashie here and there and I'm just going to play golf for a while. Going to start up lessons again.

Old man makes note to hit this snake at the Atlanta Tour stop :thumb:

Old man makes note to hit this snake at the Atlanta Tour stop :thumb:

I think this snake will charm ya all the way to the woodshed.

I think this snake will charm ya all the way to the woodshed.

Ya think? I know the one guy at our club who has gone all snakes Amp style, has gone ballistic over this stick. I might not be able to wait until the outing. Just grab that sucker right out of his bag and whack a few :golf2:. Heck he even says the Amp irons are hawt!

Ya think? I know the one guy at our club who has gone all snakes Amp style, has gone ballistic over this stick. I might not be able to wait until the outing. Just grab that sucker right out of his bag and whack a few :golf2:. Heck he even says the Amp irons are hawt!
I just bought the Amp hybrid!

Does anyone own the offset version of this driver?

thinking about spending the money on a ricky fowler edition now should i put it away or use it

Does anyone own the offset version of this driver?

I want to bump this and see if anyone has indeed hit this version and compare to the normal?

I know. I keep asking but haven't found anyone yet.
With as many people there are that struggle with a slice I'm suprised.

I know. I keep asking but haven't found anyone yet.
With as many people there are that struggle with a slice I'm suprised.

I have always struggled with the slice in my driver. I just picked up a regular 9.5 thinking I would just set the club to close. Well 1st time out with it last evening at the range, I was hitting them dead straight in the neutral setting. The driver is a fantastic club.

I spent some time with the offset driver today at the range. Uh, wow. I have entered full fledged ponder mode. They only had the 10.5 regular flex in offset - or at least that I could see. I fight a block something fierce with the driver (only). Not with this club. Straight. High. Bomb. My miss went from block/fade to draw/hook. Ball flight was very interesting. Really high. Like comparable to my G10 12* driver high. Not sure about that. Wonder if the 9.5 would be better.

I got my hands on a 10.5 regular shaft and put it in the closed position. That combo played pretty comparable to my G20 9.5 stiff shaft, at least in terms of ball flight patterns. It was pretty clear - at least for me - that the offset club is substantially more effective than the adjustable club at fixing my block/fade.

I have to say, I'm really not a big fan of anything aesthetically about the club. Silver face, meh. Orange grip, meh. The offset club face looks kind of gross at address, meh. But damn do the results scream at you to ignore all of it. As I said, full fledged ponder mode.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it turns out the club only comes in 10.5 and 11.5. I would have to get the 10.5 on the machine against my current G10 before making a purchase decision. I love that it directionally helps out so much but w/out the machine I couldn't tell for sure what I was doing on distance and trajectory vs. current driver I'm gaming. My impression was that it was longer but I had that new club ponder excitement going to so it could have been the pesky subconscious trying to talk me into a purchase. Need data.

Last edited:
Well let us know if you get one and what you think. I fight a slice as well and was wondering how much different the offset version was.

Thanks for the info.. I was surprised to see it came in a 10.5 or 11.5 only (for the offset).. I really want to hit this and see what it does for me. Maybe I will see over lunch tomorrow if they have one at the store.

I spent some time with the offset driver today at the range. Uh, wow. I have entered full fledged ponder mode. They only had the 10.5 regular flex in offset - or at least that I could see. I fight a block something fierce with the driver (only). Not with this club. Straight. High. Bomb. My miss went from block/fade to draw/hook. Ball flight was very interesting. Really high. Like comparable to my G10 12* driver high. Not sure about that. Wonder if the 9.5 would be better.

I got my hands on a 10.5 regular shaft and put it in the closed position. That combo played pretty comparable to my G20 9.5 stiff shaft, at least in terms of ball flight patterns. It was pretty clear - at least for me - that the offset club is substantially more effective than the adjustable club at fixing my block/fade.

I have to say, I'm really not a big fan of anything aesthetically about the club. Silver face, meh. Orange grip, meh. The offset club face looks kind of gross at address, meh. But damn do the results scream at you to ignore all of it. As I said, full fledged ponder mode.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it turns out the club only comes in 10.5 and 11.5. I would have to get the 10.5 on the machine against my current G10 before making a purchase decision. I love that it directionally helps out so much but w/out the machine I couldn't tell for sure what I was doing on distance and trajectory vs. current driver I'm gaming. My impression was that it was longer but I had that new club ponder excitement going to so it could have been the pesky subconscious trying to talk me into a purchase. Need data.

I wonder if the stiff flex would lower your flight a little? I agree that the offset version is not good looking, but it sounds like it could be a good fit for you.

B Asha 4s in the Cobra Amp? I need to find a different shaft for mine. Stock Aldila RIP is too high launching and Diamana Whiteboard is just too much shaft for me.

What about something like the UST V2? Would be a cheap experiment. That's a very uneducated opinion though.

What about something like the UST V2? Would be a cheap experiment. That's a very uneducated opinion though.

Have honestly never tried that shaft. I do like cheap experiments though. Although, I really do need to find a driver and stick with it. This hopping around is not helping my scores....

No, I'm sure it's not. Like I said, I'm no expert. I do like that shaft in the W/S Fybrids though.

This driver should be getting some love lately with video submissions and rightfully so!

Back