Closest You Have Been to an Ace?

Don't know how I don't still have a picture of it, but about a foot away. Was with @GoldenBuff at the time too. That would have been a good time to get a first one!

I think this is that hole. Best shot I have of it. You are fixing your divot right by the pin. My ball is in front, and I think we are looking for someone else’s ball at the water edge.

742694CF-29A3-40DD-9E91-8BC67338B2ED.jpeg

Had one last summer where the divot was literally 6 inches from the hole but it spun back about a foot if only it trickled forward first.

This summer had one land about 5 feet from the hole from 206 yards, hit the pin, and kick-off to the right. The people I was playing with were cheering saying it went in the hole then were like nevermind it bounced off the pin :LOL:

I’ve got the pin and ended up just a few inches away.

#11 at Jones Course at Lyman Orchards. Pured a 9-iron that wound up rolling probably 6" by the cup on the right. Wound up with an easy 4' birdie but was pretty exciting watching it roll on that line. @JeffreyRoy86 was playing with me, so he can check me if I'm exaggerating how close it was :LOL:

So I have a 1st cousin who I have been very close to even though we live far apart. Recently went out to dinner with him. We were talking golf for a little bit as the two wives dominated the topics with our combined 21 gran kids...Anyway, I asked if he had ever had a HIO...His response floored me. He says well I say I have had 5. But legitimately I have never had one. I said Haaaaa. He says well I have had all 5 while I was playing solo. So they don't count. One of the 5 was on same hole I have actually had one....

About 15 yeas ago a 185 yards par 3, and it was literally resting on the lip of the cup, have not been closer since.

Regional Rivalry, Carolinas vs DMV. Six inches or so?

A few months ago…..#8 at my club, 140 yards, 8 iron that was pretty close….uuuugghhhhb
21c31ec9120db840e33164b0f83142a6.jpg

3b807c87042fbec30ee6dbadd1ad89bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a couple that were just a foot or so away, and hit the bottom of the flag stick on a 180 yarder last year which stopped a couple of feet away. Just a matter of time surely!

Painfully … several times. :(

I have been less than a foot several times, but the closest was almost a dunk. It hit the base of the flag right at the cup and shot off the green into a bunker. Go figure.

9' from an ace on simulator..

Maybe with in a blade of grass keeping the ball out of the cup?

I'd get to the pin and wonder why the ball didn't fall in.

There have been other times the ball rolled a few feet, and ricochet off the flag stick.

Couple inches but quite a few times. One time I had quite a kick in the balls. Hit the tee shot OB. Reload pissed off tossed a ball down on the tee sure enough pure it and one hops into the hole. My buddy walks up nice PAR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've lost count of the number of times I've hit the pin, nearly dunked it, or tickled the cup. I'd love to see a shot chart of my near misses. It'd look like a frosted donut. It'll happen when it happens.
Ignore this guy. He's deceased.

You’re saying that’s the old OldandStiff?
Yep. For tonight only, it's OldandStick!* :D

*The Stiff will be back with a vengeance when all the smiles and ibuprofen have worn off..

Closest by distance was probably 6 feet? Super short hole, just hit a nice clean wedge. But it was never really on line, so I’ve never had a close, drop-your-heart type shot on a par-3 before.

Don't have a photo of final ball location but... You can tell by our reactions at the end of the video it was closest I've ever been.
Hit it left of the pin, had a nice roll on a slight slope toward the pin. Probably stopped about 3'-4' from pin.

View attachment VID_75111225_175558_552.mp4

Back