Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

glad you enjoyed your new irons - I see you mentioned offset - I found that the Halo iron has very little offset compared to other game improvement irons also including other hybrid looking irons - but being old maybe my eyes are failing too

glad you enjoyed your new irons - I see you mentioned offset - I found that the Halo iron has very little offset compared to other game improvement irons also including other hybrid looking irons - but being old maybe my eyes are failing too
I agree that the Halos don’t have the offset of many of their competitors. I was just comparing them to my Cobras, which are almost 15 years old and have little to no offset.

Wow, I haven’t posted here in such a long time! I don’t even know what clubs are listed in my signature. Haven’t really needed to since the Halo XLs have treated me so well…

That being said, I think the looks have finally gotten to me and I am thinking about moving back to an iron. I am a sweeper/picker and am wondering if anyone has moved back to an iron without sacrificing the amazing performance of the Halos. Really curious if anyone can save me reading through 30 pages (I did read the last 5).

Being a picker, I have read some positive things about 923 HMs. I’m also curious about D9 forged. Something less workable with either a thin sole or a sweeper friendly sole. It’s kinda strange that I don’t mind the hybrid size faces of the Halos, but the Zipcore XL look like frying pans to me.

Thanks!!!

on the way home from my round today I was thinking about how well I hit my 7 9 and 11 woods as they are easy to sweep off the ground as they are high lofted - I carry the 7 thru D wedge in the Halo irons over last 3 years and I have always hit them like irons taking a small divot not large ones like I did 50 years ago with my blades - I got to thinking they have very wide soles for irons maybe I could hit them in a more sweeping motion like I do with my woods - any users here put a more sweeping motion with their Halo irons - almost turned my car around to head back to the course to try it but I was almost home - I will try it tomorrow

on the way home from my round today I was thinking about how well I hit my 7 9 and 11 woods as they are easy to sweep off the ground as they are high lofted - I carry the 7 thru D wedge in the Halo irons over last 3 years and I have always hit them like irons taking a small divot not large ones like I did 50 years ago with my blades - I got to thinking they have very wide soles for irons maybe I could hit them in a more sweeping motion like I do with my woods - any users here put a more sweeping motion with their Halo irons - almost turned my car around to head back to the course to try it but I was almost home - I will try it tomorrow

you may be pleasantly surprised...

Played my newly acquired 588 Altitudes today. 1st round in over a month due to my work. The 3-5 off the tee mainly and didn’t jive very well with them. The 6-P were a dream. Forgot how easy it could be hitting this type of iron. I’ll continue with these for the course of a month and see how it goes. FWIW, I hit a playing partner’s FF XL HALO 8 iron on a few holes and comparatively speaking, I personally don’t see the $800 difference in what he paid new and what I paid, other than he got one more club than I did, that being the SW. Aesthetically speaking, the FF XL seems a touch thinner on the sole to my eye, not much though. They’re a far cry from the blades I normally play but were a lot of fun today.

Played over the weekend. I don’t think I can part ways with the Halos after all. They are by far the most consistent clubs in my bag. Money would be better spent on a new driver and maybe wedges. On the wedge note, I am on my 3rd set of the OG 2012 TaylorMade ATVs. Similar to the Halos, they also have a wide sole but are much more playable than Smartsoles or anything similar. So, ummm, maybe no wedges. Just driver. Just me talking to myself out loud.

Well, my 2nd round with the Halos didn’t go as well as I hoped. I was fighting pulls/hooks all day. Just the opposite of my Cobras, where I fought slice. So I’m probably over compensating. The few iron shots I struck well were rock solid though, so I’m still very pleased. I had an 8i into an elevated green protected by a huge (and very deep) bunker that spanned the full width of the green. My shot dropped in beautifully just over the bunker, directly at the pin and held on a narrow green. Just need more work so that I can hit more iron shots like that instead of pulling them. May be as easy as weakening my grip just a little.

Back