Cleveland Golf RTX 6 ZipCore Wedges Review

Very Disappointed with their faces, I purchased a 48, 54 & 60 with all faces showing signs of rust. I have in the past had "Rustys" and many other wedges, but Clevelands Zipcore are not meant to rust. Their response after owning these for less then 6 mths is that the face must have had water left on them in order to rust. If I knew that I would have gone with the Vokeys. Not a happy customer
Any pics?
Sounds like fairly normal wear and tear from that description. 🤷‍♂️

I have the 50° and love it, great review buddy.

I have the 50° and love it, great review buddy.
Is it really you? 50 is the one I'm in the market for as we speak to add to my 54/60

As part of my practice last night I went through and did the Wedge Matrix again on the SK+. My current wedge setup is a sm8 50, rtx6 54 mid, rtx 60 full. The rtx models are tour rack so they have rusted over BEAUTIFULLY. The only modification is on the 60 where the full grind has more trail edge relief, so it plays more like a middle ground between the mid and full, and for bunker shots I really like that option.

Anyone who hasn’t done the wedge matrix on ST+, here’s a quick breakdown. I take 4 wegdes(PW included), hit 5 shots as a pitch, half, 3/4, and full swings. Some stats below show the results. I can also break down by individual clubs, but I’m not here to bore you.

These wedges impressed me a lot last year in feel, look, and spin. HydraZip is a real thing. I play a lot of early morning rounds so I’ve experienced the good and bad of that over the years. RTX6 seems way more consistent in those settings. I know I did my own wet ball test, and @Hawk did the same with the new CBX4, and we both came away impressed.

As for the 50 spot, I need to replace that sm8, it’s time. Last year I rotated between that and an OG CBX wedge. Either going to move to a 48 or 50. Recently 48 has been in my mind but time will tell.

IMG_0097.png

I’ll add the 54 and 60 shots. Still some things to work on, but I love doing this.

IMG_0099.png

IMG_0098.png

Reactions: J4U
How you feeling about the gapping, @ddec ?

How you feeling about the gapping, @ddec ?
I saw some better gapping this time around than I did when I did this a few of weeks ago. Swing is starting to feel better as I'm working on some things(aren't we all).

Full swings for example. I'd like to get that PW closer to 130, 50 closer to 115. SW closer to 100. I'm ok with the 60, I don't full swing it much anymore.

This was the previous session. I did focus more on backswing position this time around, which I feel like was important, Helped with the feel aspect, but also maybe gave me some more truer results.

IMG_0074.png

I saw some better gapping this time around than I did when I did this a few of weeks ago. Swing is starting to feel better as I'm working on some things(aren't we all).

Full swings for example. I'd like to get that PW closer to 130, 50 closer to 115. SW closer to 100. I'm ok with the 60, I don't full swing it much anymore.

This was the previous session. I did focus more on backswing position this time around, which I feel like was important, Helped with the feel aspect, but also maybe gave me some more truer results.

View attachment 9247207
Yea, it seems like you're tighter in the middle now, which is a good thing. I wonder what a 48 degree gap wedge might do for you.

Yea, it seems like you're tighter in the middle now, which is a good thing. I wonder what a 48 degree gap wedge might do for you.
that’s where my head is leaning ATM. Part of me wants to wait a bit to see where I land on irons, because I could go with a set AW in that spot too.

that’s where my head is leaning ATM. Part of me wants to wait a bit to see where I land on irons, because I could go with a set AW in that spot too.
Yea, that's a good point. I tend to lean on the 54/58 (60 in your case) for almost all partial swings, unless I'm really trying to keep the ball flatter for some reason. You can easily take yards off partial swings with the higher lofts just by opening the face a small amount.

Yea, that's a good point. I tend to lean on the 54/58 (60 in your case) for almost all partial swings, unless I'm really trying to keep the ball flatter for some reason. You can easily take yards off partial swings with the higher lofts just by opening the face a small amount.
I was 58 for a long time until I got a wedge fitting for SM8. I keep myself grounded with it and try not to do anything stupid.

These wedges are just so good on sketchy lies. Squirrely Bermuda, heavy sand, thin sand? Big fan. Into the grain? It can still grab sometimes and that’s stupid, but it’ll usually not flub. It’ll just be short and I’ll mutter a lot. But that’s me, not the wedge.

I haven’t really figured out long bunker shots with the 54. Sometimes I pull it off, sometimes I decide it’s way better to thin it 40yds over the green because I think it’s better over from that spot. Half the fun is figuring that out.

Curve ball.

I built out the two Tour Rack full sole heads I had yesterday and am taking them on the golf trip having never hit them.

I’m excitedly scared.

Curve ball.

I built out the two Tour Rack full sole heads I had yesterday and am taking them on the golf trip having never hit them.

I’m excitedly scared.
I like it, looking forward to seeing what you think.

I like it, looking forward to seeing what you think.
Live Dangerously Austin Powers GIF

Curve ball.

I’m excitedly scared.
NIce. I ended up bringing mine, you can check my 60 TR that has a full sole, but is also has some trail relief so it plays right between mid and full.

NIce. I ended up bringing mine, you can check my 60 TR that has a full sole, but is also has some trail relief so it plays right between mid and full.
If I like it, I’m buying a grinder and learning to do my own grinds.

Kidding…

Probably not….

If I like it, I’m buying a grinder and learning to do my own grinds.

Kidding…

Probably not….
it will be ordered before weds.

Ah who am I kidding…probably tomorrow.

it will be ordered before weds.

Ah who am I kidding…probably tomorrow.
A grinder? We did just get a harbor freight in Stillwater….

The wet conditions feedback that we have seen is spot on , we played in a wet mist and JMan & I were both able to generate a lot of spin.

I put the full grinds to WORK today.

So many good wedge shots.

Back