Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Also, Jake - I'm scared to see how far those balls went if you were hitting them further than you have been.

Entering orbit maybe

Nice dude!! Where'd you pick that up? 9.5 or 8.5?
The PGA Tour Superstore over on my side of Atlanta. I went with the 8.5°. I was looking for a little lower ball flight option. I was getting some really good numbers on a couple different monitors yesterday. Like around 11.5° launch, 158-161mph ball speed and low to upper 2000s spin. The launch angle is a little lower than "experts" will say I need but I just love the slightly lower penetrating flight. Plus I got such a great deal (with trade in help) on it that if I need higher ball flight at some point I can just switch back to the G20.

I'm thinking I may need to spend more time with the phantom 270 while I am in Ohio. I really liked it with the limited edition 39s in it.was also impressed with the 290 that had the kusala white in it.

If someone in the know can explain the Kusala white shaft to me, I would appreciate it. I took a few swings with the 290/kusala at the ATL range demo, and I really liked the feel of the shaft. But, the ball flight was ridiculously high. The 290 was a 10.5, and my 290 is a 9, so I presumed that had something to do with it. But, does the kusala white also promote a higher ball flight?

I keep wondering if I need a different shaft than the C. Kua 43s that I currently use. Really like the feel of the club, but I'm always looking to lower my flight trajectory when I can.

I sure would love to try the Classic with the B Asha. That shaft is a monster.

Had you used the Kusala Black before this, Kmac? I was surprised to see that it worked pretty well for me with that 310 head. Launch was too low with Cookies 9° 290 for me though.

Im pretty sure Ive dabbled with it but not really enough or with the right setup. It surprised me too in the 310 head. If you add it all up its probably not a good set up for me but results are results. And good ones too. One thing I like about the 310 is its 9.5* and not 9* like the others.

Nice dude!! Where'd you pick that up? 9.5 or 8.5?

I think someone told me you're rocking the 61s? Sounds like some seriously good results man. When I hit the 61x on Friday it was like waking up from a very long sleep. The shaft held sooooooo beautifully every single time I attacked the ball. Those distances a big longer then you are used to off the tee?

Yeah its the 61s and it sure is good. Lately those are right around where Ive been hitting my drives when Im swinging good but for the year as a whole its much much better. Ive struggled with the high, short fades for a while now. Slowly been getting over that and now Im seeing much better drives.

If someone in the know can explain the Kusala white shaft to me, I would appreciate it. I took a few swings with the 290/kusala at the ATL range demo, and I really liked the feel of the shaft. But, the ball flight was ridiculously high. The 290 was a 10.5, and my 290 is a 9, so I presumed that had something to do with it. But, does the kusala white also promote a higher ball flight?

I keep wondering if I need a different shaft than the C. Kua 43s that I currently use. Really like the feel of the club, but I'm always looking to lower my flight trajectory when I can.

white is the highest launching shaft of the Kusala line, very tip soft but usually feels very stable.

White, Silver, Blue, indigio, Black in that order.

View here and look and the 4 number Flex code, starts at the butt and works down to the tip. 9= XX ,0 = A

http://www.miyazakigolfshafts.com/#/products

The PGA Tour Superstore over on my side of Atlanta. I went with the 8.5°. I was looking for a little lower ball flight option. I was getting some really good numbers on a couple different monitors yesterday. Like around 11.5° launch, 158-161mph ball speed and low to upper 2000s spin. The launch angle is a little lower than "experts" will say I need but I just love the slightly lower penetrating flight. Plus I got such a great deal (with trade in help) on it that if I need higher ball flight at some point I can just switch back to the G20.

I'm really excited for you man, both in hearing your thoughts and knowing that your uber swing is going to be backed by the AWESOMENESS of a Kusala X.

You better get back in here with updates!

the Kusala White promotes the highest ball flight of the Kusala line. http://www.miyazakigolfshafts.com/#/products This should help.

I'm really excited for you man, both in hearing your thoughts and knowing that your uber swing is going to be backed by the AWESOMENESS of a Kusala X.

You better get back in here with updates!
I was definitely letting it rip on those monitors and that shaft was just as smooth and solid as can be. I'll be updating for sure.

white is the highest launching shaft of the Kusala line, very tip soft but usually feels very stable.

White, Silver, Blue, indigio, Black in that order.

View here and look and the 4 number Flex code, starts at the butt and works down to the tip. 9= XX ,0 = A

http://www.miyazakigolfshafts.com/#/products

Thanks, guys. The link is really helpful. It now makes a lot of sense why I was hitting moon balls with the 290/white. I may look into the indigo and black.

Thanks, guys. The link is really helpful. It now makes a lot of sense why I was hitting moon balls with the 290/white. I may look into the indigo and black.

I would look at blue as well, really feels very smooth. JB had it in a 12 degree 290, and i was shocked how good it felt, and ball flight was solid.

I would look at blue as well, really feels very smooth. JB had it in a 12 degree 290, and i was shocked how good it felt, and ball flight was solid.

Thanks. After a brief online search I now realize that the indigo is pretty new. Probably a better chance of snagging a blue shaft. I'll look at that as well.

I saw the 12* Classic at the demo, but I didn't think about the shaft. In hindsight, I wish that I would have hit that one as well.

Well that explains why I hit moonballs with the White in a Cleveland Black. Black on black sounds like it would have been killer.

Well that explains why I hit moonballs with the White in a Cleveland Black. Black on black sounds like it would have been killer.
And that is why the White in the Classic 290 was awesome for me.

And that is why the White in the Classic 290 was awesome for me.

Makes sense. Golf4life has one in his Classic too. Ive hit his ok but not great. Golf is weird like that.

Man if I had a Kasula Black X-Stiff in that 290 7.5* head that would be a monster!

Man if I had a Kasula Black X-Stiff in that 290 7.5* head that would be a monster!

I didnt even know mere mortals hit 7.5* drivers, much less in the form of a Classic. Are you Thor?

I used to do long drive competitions so I just feel more comfortable with lower degree heads. I have a pretty fast swing speed :)

And yes I'm Thor! Bow before me!

I used to do long drive competitions so I just feel more comfortable with lower degree heads. I have a pretty fast swing speed :)

And yes I'm Thor! Bow before me!

lol ok so you're a recovering long knocker I see. Can you shoot some video for us? I want to see BOMBS dude. With the classic.

lol ok so you're a recovering long knocker I see. Can you shoot some video for us? I want to see BOMBS dude. With the classic.

Me too! I love to see those guys go after a drive.

KMac love the feedback and you're really hitting a good stride with the club in your hand. I have a White with a similiar set up to G4L and it's not super high launching lol. User error maybe? I still love it though. Lots of distance.

Sounds like the 310 is just nasty for you.

I would I was keeping the classic :(

I dont have the funds for a kasula black and already have a kick ass J40 430 8.5 with V2 X-Stiff. If I had the kasula black the driver would almost definitely be in the bag!

I cant hit it near any of the newer guys. I would really need to work on my swing. It's insane watching them hit 460 yards. My longest is 394!

Me too! I love to see those guys go after a drive.

KMac love the feedback and you're really hitting a good stride with the club in your hand. I have a White with a similiar set up to G4L and it's not super high launching lol. User error maybe? I still love it though. Lots of distance.

Sounds like the 310 is just nasty for you.

Yeah most certainly user error with the other Classics but the Black/white combo is no bueno mi amigo. That 310 is beastly though. Id think youd like it too dude.

I would I was keeping the classic :(

I dont have the funds for a kasula black and already have a kick ass J40 430 8.5 with V2 X-Stiff. If I had the kasula black the driver would almost definitely be in the bag!

I cant hit it near any of the newer guys. I would really need to work on my swing. It's insane watching them hit 460 yards. My longest is 394!

This is getting off topic but I'll try and steer it back. What did you hit for your long drive driver and would you hit the Classic for it if you did one today?

My long driver was an Adams 9064LD (the long drive version is basically what it is) with a 5.5* head and a House of Forged XX shaft.

And i might have used the Classic but I have no clue how long the driver would last because it's not reinforced for that kind of power. The long drive heads are made to withstand more hits from those swing speeds.

All the shaft talk definitely intrigues me. Don't take this wrong, this isn't a shot at anyone in particular but it seems to me that a lot of people around here are always talking like they need XYZ shaft for this or that but in reality I am of the school of thought that the stock C Kua 43 is a pretty solid shaft and Cleveland has decided on it as a stock pairing for a reason. I see a great mid to mid/high launch with this setup (9* head). This might be the best setup for me and it might not. I tend to like a lower launch myself, I play in the wind a lot and our fairways offer a ton of roll out on a nice mid to mid/low bullet. But I'm not a bit upset with what the C Kua 43 gives me either.

Back