Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

I went over to Dicks to check these out last night. Great looking clubs! Compared these side-by-side these looks awefully similar to the CG15. What are the differences other than being forged and the newly designed shaft?

I believe the recent radio show talks about the design quite a bit.

I believe the recent radio show talks about the design quite a bit.

Listened again. Didn't really answer my question, but that's okay.

Maybe JB can help you out when he gets back to the forum. Sorry, but I don't know enough to speak about it.

Maybe JB can help you out when he gets back to the forum. Sorry, but I don't know enough to speak about it.

No worries, dude. It's probably a tough question to answer. Thanks anyway!

Played with the full set of these for the first time today and I am still in love with them. Chipped in with one on #10 for a par save too. They have everything I want in a wedge and do so with a look and feel that I think are second to none. They are going in the bag to stay.

As many different clubs that pass through JBs bag I'm sure they have to be impressive to stay there for good. I need to try these

Played with the full set of these for the first time today and I am still in love with them. Chipped in with one on #10 for a par save too. They have everything I want in a wedge and do so with a look and feel that I think are second to none. They are going in the bag to stay.

Wow, that is impressive. Finally found a set to knock the Z Stars out?

As many different clubs that pass through JBs bag I'm sure they have to be impressive to stay there for good. I need to try these

I do try a lot of things (some by choice, others not as much), but when I find something that works, its usually there for a decent amount of time.

Wow, that is impressive. Finally found a set to knock the Z Stars out?

These are the wedges, not the irons. Z-Star irons are still there for now.

These are the wedges, not the irons. Z-Star irons are still there for now.
Just realized this was in the wedge thread after I saw the post in the Mashie Irons thread.

Glad to see you had a great day with the full set. I've been tickled with my wedges, but these are just perfect in everyway for me.

How's the TC shaft working out for you in the 50*?

Glad to see you had a great day with the full set. I've been tickled with my wedges, but these are just perfect in everyway for me.

How's the TC shaft working out for you in the 50*?

I love it. Slightly (and I mean slightly) higher ball flight for me than the DG Spinner and a great shaft throughout.

Thanks for the update, JB. I'm glad you got your wedges back in the bag. Can't wait to hit them.

I love it. Slightly (and I mean slightly) higher ball flight for me than the DG Spinner and a great shaft throughout.

Ok. Something I didn't like about the DG was that I had some struggles with hitting a lower shot that didn't come off too low, not a shot I hit a lot, but still one that has it's place for me. I wish I had hit this one more when I had the chance, but the miya just blew me away. I'm going to have to re-listen to that part of the radio show before the 10th.

These wedges are now available at Blind9 Golf! Just email or PM Patty or Dennis or give them a call and they can always help get you a great deal if you tell them you are a THP member. :smile:

These wedges are now available at Blind9 Golf! Just email or PM Patty or Dennis or give them a call and they can always help get you a great deal if you tell them you are a THP member. :smile:
ohhhhhhh thats sexy!

are you gonna hit the custom one? I dont think I would

are you gonna hit the custom one? I dont think I would

Im trying not to use the custom one yet, but it is eyeballing me. However once I find out my sponsor for the MC, I will dedicate my time to their wedges as much as possible. If its Cleveland, you bet your butt I will be hitting the custom. Its just so good looking, I have to.

Sweet! I want to bag these, maybe for Christmas. I'll PM them if I do!

I spent about two hours making wedges last night. While the price tag is too rich for my blood, the damn wedges I was pumping out where awesome.

How similar are these to the CG15's? I mean, at setup. Do they look similar? They seem to be very similarly shaped as far as heel to toe, and cavity construction.

\
How similar are these to the CG15's? I mean, at setup. Do they look similar? They seem to be very similarly shaped as far as heel to toe, and cavity construction.

The shape is similar, but not the same if that makes sense. Because I played the 588s for so long years ago, I notice some subtle differences that might not matter to others.

Im trying not to use the custom one yet, but it is eyeballing me. However once I find out my sponsor for the MC, I will dedicate my time to their wedges as much as possible. If its Cleveland, you bet your butt I will be hitting the custom. Its just so good looking, I have to.

I hear that. I would prob want to game it so badly. I mean, if it has your name on it, it must play better.

I spent about two hours making wedges last night. While the price tag is too rich for my blood, the damn wedges I was pumping out where awesome.

I have done the same, I think i have designed 10 different wedges.

Anybody been looking at the grinds? I can't remember the name of the one I liked, but it was like a little was shaved off the leading portion.

Anybody been looking at the grinds? I can't remember the name of the one I liked, but it was like a little was shaved off the leading portion.

I remember seeing that. It's slmost like their own version of a v-sole or dual-sole. Sounds very cool to me. I wonder what it looks like in person?

Jeez, I can't stop building wedges. I keep going back to the same thing though: black pearl with white paint fill (imagine that)

Back