Christmas Eve Traditions

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The BIG day is upon us and the Santa tracker is up and running (approaching Russia now!). The day before is almost as exciting as the BIG day. So what traditions do you and your families have on Christmas Eve? Would love to hear them all.

1. Always get the "Santa" paper today so that our youngest doesn't see it early and put 2 and 2 together (but she's getting close). Made the mistake one year with our middle child getting the paper early and almost having to explain things.

2. Christmas Eve dinner. Almost as good as Christmas dinner. Have always had a family tradition of eating homemade bean dip which is what I imagine crack cocaine to be like. Takes 24 hours to make and is the star of the day. Add in some tamales and queso and the night is ours.

3. Wife's parents come over tonight for the kiddo entertainment and hang out with some drinks listening to X-mas music.

4. Kiddos get to open one gift tonight.

5. Kiddos to bed and mom and dad wrap the remaining gifts and get the cookies and milk ready. Nick the elf takes off back to the North Pole for another year.

6. After all the kiddo Christmas movies that play over the last week or so, it's time to put on Christmas Vacation for the adults before calling it a night.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and let's hear what you have planned for the Eve of the BIG day?!

We do a family dinner that is breakfast items. The kids always do a talent show that is a big deal to them. We read Luke 2 and the night before Christmas and just hang out till bed time.

We all get together at my oldest Daughter's house, have an nice big dinner, then open one gift each, my Daughter's choice. Every year that gift is new Christmas Pajamas for everyone. This is a tradition she started for my Grandson's first Christmas several years ago, and since we spend Christmas Eve at their house every year, it's the tradition we follow.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Since our daughter is older now, we are lucky that she wants to even spend the holidays with us.

We do a nice dinner at home which typically consists of tamales and Posole, also just general snacking on sliced spanish chorizo and mancego cheese with bread, or fritos with jalapeno pimento cheese dip. We will then open a gift each and then we will watch Elf or another Christmas movie. Once my wife heads to bed my daughter and I watch Christmas Vacation. Wife doesn't like that one as much. Nog will be enjoyed throughout the evening. (y)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Christmas is my favourite holiday, so we have a couple.

1. Take off work at noon.
2. Spend a few hours driving around looking at Christmas lights and decorations while sipping on peppermint mocha or hot chocolate.
3. Light the fireplace (only gets lit 3 times/year. While setting up the tree, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day).
4. Cheese fondue for supper with a complimenting beverage.
5. Open one gift (which just happens to be pj’s or similar).

Happy Christmas! ?

Wife's family is big on Christmas Eve, they do the traditional Italian (even though her g-pa did the ancestry test and their actually only like 5% Italian) 7 fishes, which I consider just the warm up/stretch for tomorrow.

Then we do that white elephant game and hang out

My kids are 13 and 16 now so the thrill of the Santa magic has faded a bit but my wife and I still have fun making sure everything is wrapped up by today and waiting for them to go to bed so we can bring everything downstairs. My wife’s mom lives in town so the 5 of us typically go out to eat on Christmas Eve and eat turkey at home the following day. Tonight it’s reservations at an Asian restaurant Howard Wang’s at The Star in Frisco. Hope you all have a great and fun filled day today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christmas Eve pizza for dinner.

Tonight is “our night” and time to relax before the craziness begins Christmas day.

1. mom and the girls make cookies and get all that together

2. dad pours a couple of Gin and Tonics and gets ready for the madness

3. take a trip to storage and pack the SUV with the gifts Santa has been storing there

4. Kids get to unwrap one gift before bed

5. Mom and dad wrap the gifts our elves give them. Dad has to print off the goodbye letter from the Sneaky and Ellie (our elves)

6. Take a bite of a few cookies and a drink some milk before bed.

We go to church/mass together then follow that up with Chinese food dinner. In a bit of a nod to the Island of Misfit Toys we invite and host friends who have no place to go. The evening ends with us playing g/ma's recorded reading of Twas The Night Before Christmas.

My wife and I exchange wedding anniversary gifts :)

We normally make cookies for Santa, then have breakfast for dinner and, watch It's a Wonderful Life. We will fill stocking tonight after kids are in bed and set out the Santa presents since Santa doesn't wrap them it makes it nice. Tomorrow morning we will allow the kids to play with their Santa gifts till wife and I are up then we will open the rest and have a nice lunch.

Usually watch some Christmas movies, nothing really special since there are no kids living with us.

Christmas Eve tradition since I moved to the States is to spend it round the in-laws. I’ll be honest, it’s a tradition I could quite easily see the back of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1. Father-In-Law arrives, deciding not to let us know in advance date/time of arrival, and then proceeds to not talk to anyone.
#2. Get together to celebrate nephew's birthday (born 2 minutes before midnight on Christmas Eve)
#3. Attempt to avoid having our child get ill from cousins who are sick every time we get together..... at least no one puked at dinner (this year anyways)
#4. Head home and watch movies/tv with the FIL snorting and weezing beside us, and then go to bed far earlier than we usually would.

The wife really wants the tradition of watching Christmas movies on Christmas Eve. This year the cousins were all for it..... and we had to head home to put the toddler to bed at 7pm lol.

Dinner with our immediate family & mother-in-law. Cookies for Santa! Watch a Christmas movie with hopes our daughter, who still believes, will be in bed before 10. I watch my wife fall asleep on the couch, then take over and begin my duties as Santa!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Apparently with 16 and 11 year old girls the new tradition is TikTok videos that y'all will never see!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But we are all in LSU gear, Geaux Tigers

Christmas Eve:
1.) Workout in the AM because we're about to embark on a two-day caloric feast
2.) Fast - gluttony is coming!
3.) 5:00 Mass
4.) Dinner around 7:00. Our tradition for Christmas Eve is seafood. Clam stew is a popular choice. This year is scallops.
5.) Dessert is creme brûlée
6.) Movie...Togo on Disney+ this year

Christmas Day:
1.) Breakfast at 10:00, cinnamon rolls and egg bake
2.) open gifts
3.) hang out, watch a movie, eat cookies, enjoy the company. Attendees include parents, siblings, nieces & nephews
4.) 5:00 dinner...prime rib, ham and plenty of sides, wine and dessert

December 26:
1.) start preparing for post-Christmas trip to Florida

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your time with family, friends, and/or loved ones!!!

We start Christmas Eve at the 5pm Children's mass with my mom. Then off to "Noche Buena" dinner with family and friends, which usually consists of a roasted pig cooked in a wooden box called the "Caja China". We still maintain the Cuban traditions which I think is pretty cool.

Back