Christmas decorations!!

PapaJohick

#ShortKnockerBombs
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Some may say it’s a tad early….. but for those of us that love the Christmas/holiday season of lights, what are your plans?

When are you starting? is there a theme? lights only? Inflatables? Post your ideas and pictures!!

Started playing Christmas music on Wednesday! It will be a sad year for us this year as most of our decorations are in storage in PA following our move to NC :cry:

I started this past week. Building some arches to go across my driveway. Put up our tree and some smaller indoor deco. Yesterday got up most of my lights for outside. Put the arches up. strung one arch and need to go get one more string for the second.

Started playing Christmas music on Wednesday! It will be a sad year for us this year as most of our decorations are in storage in PA following our move to NC :cry:
Oh noooo.

One of my neighbors is going through the same. They’re moving the first week of dec down the road a little but won’t be unpacked enough to really do what they normally do which is big big haha

We typically put ours up the week of Thanksgiving, since we usually have time off work. Some of our neighbors have started putting stuff up and now I kind of want to start early.

Already started the Christmas music and we are suppose to out the Halloween decorations away tomorrow and start bringing out some Christmas decorations

My wife has already started putting out Christmas decorations in the apartment, she says after Halloween it's never too early,

We got about 90% of ours up this weekend so far. According to my wife November 1st kicks off Christmas season. Not going to argue it. 🎄

We typically put ours up the week of Thanksgiving, since we usually have time off work. Some of our neighbors have started putting stuff up and now I kind of want to start early.
Let it happen!! I’ve talked a few of my friends into it and I’m def the first in my neighborhood haha. Only have heard one grumble from an HOA board member but…… oh well

My wife has already started putting out Christmas decorations in the apartment, she says after Halloween it's never too early,
My way of thinking as well!

Put away Halloween and put out some Christmas/Thanksgiving decor inside today. Started listening to Christmas music yesterday. We put the tree up but leave it on white lights until thanksgiving and then change it to color. I’ll put the outdoor stuff out Black Friday probably. We generally follow Disney World holiday timing - Christmas starts Nov 2nd or 3rd. 👍🏻 It’s the best time of the year. More of it is a good thing! 🎄

I wouldn’t mind finding the warmest day to get out the Christmas decorations, but lights cannot go on until the Turkey is served. Come Thanksgiving night is all about Christmas

I usually put my tree up the weekend before Christmas. My daughter is 3 and she loves Christmas, so I may have to buy some lights. Not looking forward to it.

I usually put my tree up the weekend before Christmas. My daughter is 3 and she loves Christmas, so I may have to buy some lights. Not looking forward to it.
Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

😜

Ohhhhh come on. It’s the best!! Even if it’s something small at first, she will be thankful and continue to love it haha.

Let it happen!! I’ve talked a few of my friends into it and I’m def the first in my neighborhood haha. Only have heard one grumble from an HOA board member but…… oh well
We were looking at lights today and considering adding a few extra strands. There’s a good chance we may have everything up for before thanksgiving this year. I’m ready for some cheer!

no decorations outside until after Thanks Giving

My wife has started nudging me to put up the decorations but has yet to offer to help with any of it. Until then she can wait, though the weather now would be a lot nicer. Even if we put them up I'd wait until the end of November to turn anything on.

That said with young kids it's mostly inflatables. Lights around the house and a wreath or two.

I'm an empty nester now, especially when my youngest doesn't come home for Christmas, so I refrain from putting up any decorations. Call me Mr. Scrooge :ROFLMAO:

I am surprised that our decor isnt up already to be honest. Usually I have been nagged many times by now to dig them all out from storage. Not a peep this year so far.

They are coming out this week though. I need to get to the luggae behind them. So ready or not, out rec room is soon getting all the Christmas decorations out.

Lights outside won’t be up for another two weeks unfortunately with stuff we have going on and being out of town next weekend. But inside decorations are going up tonight! Wide and I are getting it out of bins right now! Love love love this time of year!

After Thanksgiving because let's at least give the other festivities a chance. The Minister wants everything up that weekend but I put the brakes on and do it the first weekend of December.

Back