BIRDOG

Reaction score
Handicap
So I played 18 wit my regular foursome yesterday at a very short course(Salt Creek in northwest Chicagoland), we get to hole number 6 and it's straight shot to the green 246 yards par four, I hit a straight drive that lands just short of green and rolls to about a foot high and 6-7 feet left of hole, the putt rolls a bit around the cup for a little drama and is in, hugs and high fives all around, afterwards I tell our lowest handicapper that I have dreamed of that moment when I would get my first eagle, but that it somehow feels cheap because of the length of the par four hole, he told me an eagle is an eagle.
What are your thoughts on that?

Thank you
David

An eagle is an eagle. Congrats man, those are tough to come by, regardless of course length.

Awesome stuff lad. your friend is right an eagle is an eagle no matter how it comes. Still waiting on my first one

Congrats on the Eagle! I agree with your friend...and Eagle is an Eagle. Congrats!

agreed on all counts, eagle is an eagle!

+1 to an eagle is an eagle, no matter how short the hole. You should be proud, especially since whenever you're putting for eagle, your heart gets going and you get really nervous

Thanks guys, honestly these comments are making me feel better about it, some might want to call it a very long birdie lol.

Thanks guys, honestly these comments are making me feel better about it, some might want to call it a very long birdie lol.

Hitting driver on to a green is not an easy shot. An eagle is an eagle man. Well played.

to be honest that's a harder eagle to get than a shorter par 5 since you need a good accurate shot with a driver instead of a iron shot into the green.

There's a par 5 at my local course that's only 432 yard from the blues (middle tees) and I've played it where I only have had 150 yards into the green and still haven't made eagle on it so I wouldn't say yours is cheap at all.

+1 to an eagle is an eagle, no matter how short the hole. You should be proud, especially since whenever you're putting for eagle, your heart gets going and you get really nervous

Yeah, my buddy said something similar to that.

Thanks
David

to be honest that's a harder eagle to get than a shorter par 5 since you need a good accurate shot with a driver instead of a iron shot into the green.

There's a par 5 at my local course that's only 432 yard from the blues (middle tees) and I've played it where I only have had 150 yards into the green and still haven't made eagle on it so I wouldn't say yours is cheap at all.

I always thought my first would come in this way on a par 5.

Thanks
David

We have a 255 yard par 4, just barely uphill from the tees. I get maybe one eagle every other year on it. An eagle is an eagle, so congratulations!

~Rock

Congrats on the eagle, I'd say thats pretty legit. We have a par 4 that's 277, but OB behind and a pond in front, the thing doglegs around tall trees before the pond. Its a tough hole for as short as it is and I only go for the green when the wind is behind me and I'm playing a scramble where my partner already has a safe spot out there.

It's an eagle bro, they put par 4 on the card didn't they? Really no different them some of those 310 par 4's on the PGA tour is it?

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's definately an eagle. That's a really accurate drive dude.

I'd take it. Congrats on the eagle.

Plenty of holes at my course I can drive the green on par 4s or there's two par 5s that are easy to hit in two with even a wedge on a good drive (if you cut the dogleg). I've probably had 25 eagle putts in my life and 250 short eagle chips, never has it gone in.

I have two eagles, both from driving greens of 288 and 325 on Par 4's. An eagle is an eagle and looks the same way on a scorecard. Same way a 1 looks the same, no matter if it flew in the hole on the fly, or bounced of a sprinkler head and went in, or was hit thin, hit a tree and then went in. All that matters is the score on the card, not how it got there. Congrats!

It's longer than a normal par 3, that makes it legit.

not necessarily. i've played a 245yd par 3.
but either way, if it's marked par 4 on the score card, than it's a par 4.
+1 eagle is an eagle.

Congrats you gotta be proud of that!!

Sent from my iPhone

Congratulations!! I've never had an eagle, so I would certainly count it.

Honest to goodness Eagle buddy so enjoy it :clapp:

Sorry, a 1 on a par 4 is NOT an eagle.

It is a double-eagle, or an albatross.

4 is par
3 is birdie
2 is eagle
1 is albatross.

Thats all the more impressive. Congrats.

Back