Charlie Woods - US Open Qualifier

Never. Prodigies never have prodigy children. Jack junior. Bust. Arnold Palmers kids. Bust. Micheal Jordan, bust. The list is long. It’s almost impossible..
however MJ's kid has that whole Scottie Pippen as a teammate type of thing

Never. Prodigies never have prodigy children. Jack junior. Bust. Arnold Palmers kids. Bust. Micheal Jordan, bust. The list is long. It’s almost impossible..
Arnold Palmer had one child , a daughter who did not play any tournament golf.

Relax about Charlie. The kid is going to be a Soph in H.S. He has a lot of time to grow. Not saying he will be a superstar-there may only be one tiger, but the kid will continually get better. For God's sake he plays weekly golf with Tiger and Justin Thomas, and Thomas' dad is one of his coaches. He can be a very good player- nothing wrong with that. I think he is focused on improving his game and getting into college. that's it. He's not looking to turn pro any time soon. These tournaments are great practices for him; it shows him where his game is.

Hard to say never.
Some good stuff across NFL and MLB in bloodlines.
The Griffeys I think would be considered doing alright. Archie and Peyton and Eli Manning. Bobby and Barry Bonds. Vlad and Vlad Guerrero. Joe and Kobe Bryant. Ed and Christian McCaffery. Some might say Joe Bryant or Ed were prodigys and maybe that is the case, but the others sure were.

EDit - And how could I forget the Tkachuks.

And according to @JDax you can't discount Ric and Charlotte Flair :D

Hard to say never.
The Griffeys I think would be considered doing alright. Archie and Peyton and Eli Manning. Bobby and Barry Bonds. Vlad and Vlad Guerrero. Joe and Kobe Bryant. Ed and Christian McCaffery. Some might say Joe Bryant or Ed were prodigys and maybe that is the case, but the others sure were.

Some really good examples. I guess you are right. I was limiting my thinking to the “greatest Evers” and their descendants. Anyone that becomes a professional in sports is a prodigy. That does expand it. Good call.

Some really good examples. I guess you are right. I was limiting my thinking to the “greatest Evers” and their descendants. Anyone that becomes a professional in sports is a prodigy. That does expand it. Good call.
Yeah you might be right in goat situations, but the ones I listed were legit best at position guys. All Stars. Expanding to just professional sports or starters you get more good ones. Mahomes, Curry, etc all had dads that played.

If just goats, that would make your list tough since three played golf and there can be only one goat haha.

Maybe @JDax is onto something the the Flairs and Rhodes hahahahaha

Yeah you might be right in goat situations, but the ones I listed were legit best at position guys. All Stars. Expanding to just professional sports or starters you get more good ones. Mahomes, Curry, etc all had dads that played.

If just goats, that would make your list tough since three played golf and there can be only one goat haha.

Maybe @JDax is onto something the the Flairs and Rhodes hahahahaha
greatest of a generation. lol

But you are correct the list is much larger than I was thinking or considering originally. But, Charlie his a steep hill to climb. You know the talking heads want it to happen so bad they can taste it. There are a good number of haters that want him to shoot 80 everywhere he goes because of the talking head fawning over him none stop. Me, I kinda hope he makes it in some fashion but he will always be compared to daddy and that is not really fair.

Hard to say never.

The Flair’s are both GOATs, I would add Cowboy Bob Orton & Randy Orton to this discussion.

American Nightmare GIF

But sometimes the Son surpasses the Father…

greatest of a generation. lol

But you are correct the list is much larger than I was thinking or considering originally. But, Charlie his a steep hill to climb. You know the talking heads want it to happen so bad they can taste it. There are a good number of haters that want him to shoot 80 everywhere he goes because of the talking head fawning over him none stop. Me, I kinda hope he makes it in some fashion but he will always be compared to daddy and that is not really fair.
Its very very very very odd to me to openly root or even quietly root against a young child that has literally never done a thing wrong.
Yeah, if Charles Manson's kid got in a fight, you might say "hey wait a minute, maybe there is something going on, lets wait and see". But here we have a generational talent of golfer that has an offspring that appears to be really quite good for his age and has a blast playing. Why would anybody root against that?

The flip side is just as bad. The mainstream media are ready to give this kid the chosen one status just because his Dad slipped a couple passed the goalie. He clearly had a lot of shots on goal...

Its very very very very odd to me to openly root or even quietly root against a young child that has literally never done a thing wrong.
Yeah, if Charles Manson's kid got in a fight, you might say "hey wait a minute, maybe there is something going on, lets wait and see". But here we have a generational talent of golfer that has an offspring that appears to be really quite good for his age and has a blast playing. Why would anybody root against that?

The flip side is just as bad. The mainstream media are ready to give this kid the chosen one status just because his Dad slipped a couple passed the goalie. He clearly had a lot of shots on goal...
He is 15… Just let the kid play and figure it out.

Exactly. I don’t really think anyone has anything against him per se. But the anointing at such a young age. But what can you expect? The media is going to media..

He is 15… Just let the kid play and figure it out.
Exactly. This thread is evidence of interest and why the media jumps on every little thing. But let the kids figure it out..

Back