Chael Sonnen Claims Tiger Woods is Using PEDs

I have no idea who this guy actually is. But my stance on PED’s is probably not a popular one. I think all professional athletes use them and if they don’t they should.

We are talking about the top 1% of athletes in their sport. Their sole purpose is entertainment. It’s more entertaining for those guys and gals to be healthy and performing at peak condition. If taking PED’s allow them to recover better and stay healthy have at it.

Please miss me with the ‘role model’ arguments. Parent your children and be their role model.
I’m not sure I disagree.
With that said the rules are in place for those leagues so it’s cheating if true.

I’m not sure I disagree.
With that said the rules are in place for those leagues so it’s cheating.
Yeah, the rules part definitely get in the way of the argument. I’m sure the blowback would be intense if the leagues ever tried to remove it.

Reactions: JB
Ooooooof if true. Wouldn’t be surprising though considering the longevity is quite remarkable.

He already has fame and while a bit of a lunatic, why should it be dismissed?

Without proof, it is just slander. I just don’t think it is right for anyone to make an cusations accusing this person and that person of something without any proof. Do treat this guy as a credible source?

Star athletes are easy targets and mention their names and gets more clicks. I am not saying all athletes or anyone with above-average physiques are all innocent but it is not fact until the accused admits or proven to be. I’m sure a few letters will be sent to this guy.

Without proof, it is just slander. I just don’t think it is right for anyone to make an cusations accusing this person and that person of something without any proof. Do treat this guy as a credible source?

Star athletes are easy targets and mention their names and gets more clicks. I am not saying all athletes or anyone with above-average physiques are all innocent but it is not fact until the accused admits or proven to be. I’m sure a few letters will be sent to this guy.
Chael is long time cray cray.

Frankly it wouldn’t surprise me. It wouldn’t really bother me after what he has been through physically.

He talks of proof in the video, which is using same drug guy. The person speaking didn’t post the video, it has nothing to do with clicks, he was just a guest.

Canseco was viewed exactly the same and turned out he was dead right about nearly all of it.

He talks of proof in the video, which is using same drug guy. The person speaking didn’t post the video, it has nothing to do with clicks, he was just a guest.

Canseco was viewed exactly the same and turned out he was dead right about nearly all of it.
For Chael, it’s always about clicks and controversy, has been his entire career in the spotlight, it’s part of why he acts like he does. It’s long been his schtick.

That said, if it ended up true, it would be unsurprising that it happened, I believe far more athletes use than are ever caught, in all sports.

I have no idea if Chael used PEDs while competing in the UFC but you usually don’t start after a career. If that is the case, how can you call someone out that is an active athlete?

For Chael, it’s always about clicks and controversy, has been his entire career in the spotlight, it’s part of why he acts like he does. It’s long been his schtick.

That said, if it ended up true, it would be unsurprising that it happened, I believe far more athletes use than are ever caught, in all sports.
I agree about him, but in this instance, its not his clicks. His schtick is long term, but so was Cansecos for those that remember the 80s and early 90s. He was considered a clown. Then the book came and MLB was never the same. I have no idea if this is true. Although this is about the 3rd time we have seen smoke around it.

Chael is long time cray cray.
He has now accused more GOATs of juicing than belts won during his career. Real shame.

Don't know the guy, and by that clip, unless he bring facts, it's a pass.

I’m not sure I disagree.
With that said the rules are in place for those leagues so it’s cheating if true.
There’s another aspect to it as well.

Do a little thought experiment: If you were a gifted athlete on the verge of making it big, and the only thing standing in your way was another equally gifted athlete, and you suspect (s)he was seeking an edge over you through chemistry, would you also employ that same advantage, if only to level the playing field? Especially with the potential generational money involved these days? If there was only a small chance of getting caught, and even then your check had already been cashed? 🤔

There’s another aspect to it as well.

Do a little thought experiment: If you were a gifted athlete on the verge of making it big, and the only thing standing in your way was another equally gifted athlete, and you suspect (s)he was seeking an edge over you through chemistry, would you also employ that same advantage, if only to level the playing field? Especially with the potential generational money involved these days? If there was only a small chance of getting caught, and even then your check had already been cashed? 🤔
I don't disagree and have said as much on WGP. I completely understand it, although that is not another aspect to the part of it being cheating. That's just a rationalization of why someone would cheat.

Chael is an interesting guy. I’ve followed MMA for a very long time and he always pops up with some wild stuff. Honestly sometimes he is spot on and others he gets way off the map.
He's crazy af but as you said he is either dead on or way out in left field.

He's crazy af but as you said he is either dead on or way out in left field.

The message is one thing; the messenger is another. My belief is that he’s probably dead on.

The message is one thing; the messenger is another. My belief is that he’s probably dead on.
He’s certainly not scared to lie and get caught :LOL:

I don't disagree and have said as much on WGP. I completely understand it, although that is not another aspect to the part of it being cheating. That's just a rationalization of why someone would cheat.
It should also be noted that the supplement that Mark McGwire was caught with, androstenedione, was not among the banned substances in MLB at the time. So by that standard he was not “cheating”.

It should also be noted that the supplement that Mark McGwire was caught with, androstenedione, was not among the banned substances in MLB at the time. So by that standard he was not “cheating”.
Also correct, until the Canseco book, where he detailed McGwire's other usage.

That was the supplement that McGwire made sure people thought was the only thing he was taking. It's pretty well established he was taking more stuff.

It's been stated here already that Chael is a loose cannon, BUT he's also been very open about his use, his history etc. He failed many UFC drug tests- so if he's claiming something about PED's I'm actually more apt to believe him. What does he stand to gain from talking about golfers?? He's still a MMA analyst so again- I don't see the clicks as a way to get pub. 🤷‍♂️ My opinion of course

You think this has anything to do with Erica's NDA revoke request?
That would be something.

You think this has anything to do with Erica's NDA revoke request?
That would be something.
That's interesting. Maybe the argument Erica is making is that Tiger is doing something illegal, like steroids, and that should negate the NDA.

Back