Central Iowa THP Get-Together

I played halfway crappy 95 and 92. Fact: I hit a 300 yard drive today.

Sent via Tapatalk

Sent via Tapatalk

You sir are a beast! Those scores are ok too man, for courses you never play.

Sent via Tapatalk

300 yard drives?? Alright Belbs.....I give up. No MC for me.

Tappin' from my iPad!

As long as they have cart paths at the mc.

Sent via Tapatalk

Cant wait to hear all the recaps!

I missed this from earlier, good stuff Hawk. Tell smalls to keep it on topic for me.
I had to keep yelling at everyone. JB would have been proud.

Sent via Tapatalk
He did! It was awesome!

As long as they have cart paths at the mc.

Sent via Tapatalk
Shhh, don't tell them about the cart path dummy! hahaha

I shot 97 today. Had a couple in the water and a couple OB. Also had more than a bunch of 3 putts.

Some pretty amazing shots all around today. One boomerang, a 300 yard stud and a flop that flipped, guess it was a flip flop shot.

Great round and fun times, I don't want to go home.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Getting ready to head out to play The Legacy in Norwalk, IA this morning with duey, Dan (my BIL) and a friend of his he plays on Sundays with. Hope Hawk didn't keep duey out too ate!

LOL at whatever duey posted last night I have a wicked headache.

Sent via Tapatalk

Getting ready to head out to play The Legacy in Norwalk, IA this morning with duey, Dan (my BIL) and a friend of his he plays on Sundays with. Hope Hawk didn't keep duey out too ate!

Hit 'em straight Smalls!!!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

LOL at whatever duey posted last night I have a wicked headache.

Sent via Tapatalk

That's odd, so do I, lol.

I didn't end up joining Smallie and Dan. By the time I got the truck gassed and heading out I decided to hit the road for home. Hope those three have even half as much fun as I had yesterday, without the headache.

Have a safe trip home, Duey. I just walked in the door and am in serious need of a nap.

Tons of fun yesterday. Conditions were pretty tough with a 10-20 mph wind that always seemed to be in our face. The greens were just aerated, which was a bit disappointing, but it's one of those things that comes with fall golf.

The course was really, really nice and one that I'd love to play again. It was pretty tough, especially from the longer tees. Lots of well placed hazards, many of which were hidden by the way the land was contoured. Coolest hole was a short par 3 that had about a 50 drop in elevation to the green. Easy to miss long.

I always forget just how much I love playing with THP'rs. We were all talking about how cool it is that this site brings us all together from across the country to tee it up. The evening festivities were quite fun as well. Duey, Bulldog and I invaded a hotel lounge and put a hurting on their beer inventory.

Thanks to everybody for making the trip and hopefully we can do it again!

Sounds like y'all had a great time!

I will be there next time. Scouts honor. Glad you guys had fun

Had a blast yesterday. Just finally woke up after a 16 hour day.

The course was absolutely gorgeous I felt like I was in Wisconsin or somewhere similar, but definately not IA. Great rolling terrain, beautiful areas of "native" grass.

Always awesome teeing it up with more people behind the screen names. Got lit up by the wind in the AM round shooting an abysmal 85 but as soon as I got rid of my anti-score (Hawk) I backed it up with a 77. Was even par at the turn but we had to start really hustling as we just barely got 18 done as the sun was setting.

Another great day with some great people.

Had a blast yesterday. Just finally woke up after a 16 hour day.

The course was absolutely gorgeous I felt like I was in Wisconsin or somewhere similar, but definately not IA. Great rolling terrain, beautiful areas of "native" grass.

Always awesome teeing it up with more people behind the screen names. Got lit up by the wind in the AM round shooting an abysmal 85 but as soon as I got rid of my anti-score (Hawk) I backed it up with a 77. Was even par at the turn but we had to start really hustling as we just barely got 18 done as the sun was setting.

Another great day with some great people.

Glad you guys had so much fun, but I'm getting sick and tired of Hawk dragging you down.

Glad you guys had so much fun, but I'm getting sick and tired of Hawk dragging you down.

I do the same thing to him I don't get it. We are like each others kryptonite or something.

I do the same thing to him I don't get it. We are like each others kryptonite or something.

hehe, thats pretty weird.

hehe, thats pretty weird.

Nah we just have too much fun, I know the more serious I get the better I play but I find we have so much fun just screwing around I don't concentrate hard enough. Thats really the only thing I can think of.

Ok got up early & now have made it home. lil over 400mi. It was great to get & play with all of ya'll. Hawk, always a pleasure!. dang JRod ya hit your wedge as far as my driver, lol.
Coure was a nice layout & like it was mentioned the greens were rough but thats the nature of things this time of year.
Got of to a good start then it just slowly went down, shot 39-43 1st round the had a 87 the second one. The guys from up N. thought it was real windy but this is normal for me, checked the weather here its 15mph gusting to 25+.
Had fun all!!!

Thanks for setting this up Hawk, had a great time, we need to do this on a regular schedule (maybe spring and fall).

Duey and McRock thanks for letting me share a cart with you guys, definitely enjoyed the day and these two are great guys, if anyone gets a chance to share a round of golf with them jump on it.

Was a bummer the greens were so lumpy from aeration but the course was really nice otherwise. Wish I had gotten some of Hawks luck with the cart paths, never hit so many in one day of golf and sadly my bounces off them went the wrong way every time, fortunately I had better luck with the few trees on course and was saved from the long stuff twice. Didn't play my best but given the conditions, blowing so hard ball was oscillating on the greens at times, I'm not complaining was a great day for golf. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Things just don't get much better than this in the world of golf. A bunch of THP Hackers, nice course, cool and breezy yet nice conditions and not too far from home. Can someone answer how THP continues to draw the cream of the crop in it's members? Every single person here was enjoyable from the get-go and I would quickly jump at another chance to play again with any one of them.

On arrival, I pulled up like I owned the place and was quickly met by Hawk who helped me get my clubs to a cart and introduced me to DonW, one of my playing partners for the first round. The driving range was set-up very nice, but had very little turf and was a muddy mess. That was disappointing as I hoped to spend some time hitting everyone's clubs and seeing new stuff, but after a few swings I felt 15 lbs heavier with all the mud on myself and the sticks. Thankfully the course had a great layout, not too tough or a push-over. It gave us plenty of risj reward and a few blind shots, but plenty of everything this old hacker looks for in a "New to Me" course.

BullDog: This was my fourth time out with BD and it's always fun. The guy has a better game than me, but I still dig him, lol. Notice hawk's SeeMore headcover right in front, the picture just don't do justice.
001.jpg

DonW: Or was this the mailman from Sienfeld? Don was a blast with ton's of funny stories such as how he learned to quit cussing on the course. He had plenty of game and was money with a fw wood in his hands.
003.jpg

McRock: Sienfeld? Pretty quiet, but the guy could hit the ball a ton. TRUE Story here: We caught up wit THP one after waiting for them on their second shot someone says were good, none of us can hit as far as JRod and he's at his ball. McRock hits away and sure enough he smokes the ball right at JRods cart. I'm thinking Go Ball get down ball, but JRod hops in his cart and pulls away as the ball lands right there, lol. McRock can hit the ball and this was was right on the money. Wish he could have stuck around longer afterwards, but I enjoyed the time we got to spend together.
004.jpg

Hawk: I see this picture and the only thought that comes to mind is "Buttery", haha. Cool Whip might be better, but its all good when you get to spend time with ole eagle eye. Hawk's game really impressed me out there with some long drives, (240), and some great long iron shots. This was my first actual round with him and I can't wait to tee it up again. BD and I had a few hundred beers after the round with hawk, I just hope the vid's all stay hidden.
005.jpg

JRod: Bigbird? He may have had more to do with American course's stretching out than Tiger. My eye's are bad, but his ball disappears when he hit's the thing. I didn't actually get to pay with him, but saw the start of several shots and feel pretty confident in saying the guy can flat out play the game. Enjoyed meeting and spending some time with Kareem Abdul, the guy had a great sense of humor as well.
023.jpg

Smallie and Dan (BIL): What can you say beyond it's always a pleasure teeing up with Smallie. The guy just exudes a solid, simple fun with zero issue and always a smile on his face. I heard he had been playing well lately and it showed here with some solid scoring. Wish I could have hooked up for day two, but just wasn't in the cards. I didn't really get to know Dan very well with just one round, but would happily tee it up with him again anytime, and the guy beat my socks off.
026.jpg

010.jpg

029.jpg

011-1.jpg

023.jpg

Just a great time, hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

Awesome recap and thanks for the pics duey. It was great to finally meet you and hopefully we get to share a round sometime.

Lol at kareem abdul. It's not easy being a giant sir.

Great pics! Nice to see Santa Claus made the trip, what kind of golf game does ol Santa have anyway?

Sounds like you all had a great time, I really wish I could have made it.

Great pics Duey!!! Looks like this was a great group and everyone who attended had a lot of fun.

What's with the beard Bulldog????

Back