Central Iowa THP Get-Together

UPDATE!

I spoke with Otter Creek and have tee times arranged and some good news!

Tee times were suggested by the staff there and they say we'll have no problem getting both rounds in:

9:30am and 9:39am

2:27pm and 2:36pm

Price:

$51 for the first round
$15 for replay (cart fee only)

He says the course is in excellent shape. These times will give us travelers time to get there in the am and hopefully some range time to warm up as well. We should have time for lunch between rounds. I told him 6 of us would be there in the morning, but it could be all 8. He was fine with that.

I am going to do a random draw for pairings and will post in a bit.

Bump for Smallville :)

Great to hear. Thanks for the hard work hawk!

Tap,Tap,Tap

Cool Beans.. party on Garth!!. lol
Where is everyone staying ..Ankeny or Des Moines? If we go out less travel for drinkin is nice. hehe

Last edited:
I'm staying in Ankeny.

There is a motel at the Ankeny exit off I-35. I don't remember the name.

I'm still up in the air about staying right now. Depends on some Sunday obligations, but I hope to.

This is going to be a ton of fun!

Thanks for doing all the legwork on this Hawk! Really looking forward to this!

Staying in Des Moines, my SIL has a house there, but would like to have night out with everyone if it works out.

Looks like we're playing both rounds Hawk.

Very nice smalls!

Duey - are you staying over saturday?

Sent via Tapatalk

Very nice smalls!

Duey - are you staying over saturday?

Sent via Tapatalk

If I can find something cheap, I'll try to check on it today. Is anyone playing Sunday AM before heading back?

The current forecast for Saturday:

Plotter.php

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...extField2=-93.57562&site=all&unit=0&dd=0&bw=0

I love that they graphed in green when Duey is going to arrive.

Looks like all is coming together well. We'll get groupings done this week. I am royally excited. I think I'll leave here about 5 am on Saturday, which should get me up there around 8. I have stuff I can lug up if anybody wants to try out some things on the range. I know I want to hit some a120S irons :)

Duey, I did find a Super 8 for around $75 online. I bet you could priceline it for around $50. If you need help with that, let me know. I'm still not sure if I'm staying. I want to, but it might be a no-go if this boy doesn't get better soon.

I can bring the Cleveland HB3's, the Nickent 4DX CB irons, hybrids and the Evolver driver if anyone is interested.

I wouldn't mind hitting those HB3's, but don't make it a hassle or anything.

I can bring:

SuperTri and Regular R9 Driver w/ Kusala Silver
Redline Irons and Hybrids
Ping G20 Fairway wood

Everything in my sig.

Won't be a hassle, I'll just put them in a bag and put it in the hatch.

Looks like all is coming together well. We'll get groupings done this week. I am royally excited. I think I'll leave here about 5 am on Saturday, which should get me up there around 8. I have stuff I can lug up if anybody wants to try out some things on the range. I know I want to hit some a120S irons :)

Duey, I did find a Super 8 for around $75 online. I bet you could priceline it for around $50. If you need help with that, let me know. I'm still not sure if I'm staying. I want to, but it might be a no-go if this boy doesn't get better soon.

Sounds good. I ran out of time to check motels and home late with an early work start tomorrow, so will have to check tomorrow. I plan to stick around for a while after the golf even if I dont stay the night, its only around 2 hours from here.

I hope to be there around 8 as well. I won't be home to pick up any other clubs to bring, but anyone is welcome to hit the Williams driver and Adams set with steel shafts. I did toss in some odds and ends stuff such as my R9 driver with the Miyazaki Blue shaft and a few more things, so feel free to mix and match.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone, this will be a ton of fun.

I am so looking forward to this. I had my golf cut off by the great addition to my family.....but golf abruptly ended with it. Can't wait to get back out there!

I wouldn't mind hitting those HB3's, but don't make it a hassle or anything.
I can bring:
SuperTri and Regular R9 Driver w/ Kusala Silver
To add to that, I got a R9 10.5 dr. w/these shafts Matrix Ozik X-Con5.5, ProLaunch Blue, Fujikura Motore plus whats in my R11 Matrix Radix HD6,
Also if ya like I got 2 putters to try, Heavy L3 & Odyssey white hot rossie.
Hawk, you're goin wanna hit that R11 w/ the Matrix...WOW!!

Actually, you are correct. I do want to try that :)

No time for that today. I'm just barely getting a breather now that I finally got the youngster to bed. We still have a few days :)

I picked groups this morning and have a couple videos I'll post tonight :)

Back