SlazDun82P&P

Reaction score
I was out and about yesterday and i passed a truck with a car on the back i didn`t see much of it but in my mirror i saw the rear of the car it was `v` shaped . So because i suffer OCD i had to scour the www to find it and i think i was this .

The car was not pristine like the one in the pic so i assume it was going somewhere to be restored

so for my birthday in May i`m gonna treat myself but i need to know the cost of this project.............. dollars will be ok

this is want

1954 Chevy 3100 , i want an off frame restoration
the cab i want to look like it did in the 50`s
but i want a modern automatic engine ( and because i`m a dreamer) i looked at crate engine and found the Edelbrock site ...................WOW!!!!
not to big an engine

Cheers Mr Dreamer

Attachments

• 1960-chevrolet-impala.jpg
    1960-chevrolet-impala.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 10
Great car for picnics with family, the trunk lid and upper tail doubles as eating counter or tabletop.

I was out and about yesterday and i passed a truck with a car on the back i didn`t see much of it but in my mirror i saw the rear of the car it was `v` shaped . So because i suffer OCD i had to scour the www to find it and i think i was this .

The car was not pristine like the one in the pic so i assume it was going somewhere to be restored

so for my birthday in May i`m gonna treat myself but i need to know the cost of this project.............. dollars will be ok

this is want

but i want a modern automatic engine ( and because i`m a dreamer) i looked at crate engine and found the Edelbrock site ...................WOW!!!!
not to big an engine

Cheers Mr Dreamer
Frame off restoration, minimum is gonna be +\- 75k and that’s gonna be on the low side to have it professionally done.

Had a ‘55 Chevy Bel Air years & years ago… that I restored. Wish I still had it.

Last edited:

this is want

not to big an engine

Cheers Mr Dreamer
Do you want a car like in the picture you posted or a 1954 3100 pickup? Either way, you’ll be money ahead by buying an already restored car at an auction or finding one online than having one restored. A total restoration can take a couple of years and you’ll pay for all the time and parts needed. Unless it’s a very rare and in demand auto, you will seldom get back all you put in it when you try and sell it.

Do you want a car like in the picture you posted or a 1954 3100 pickup? Either way, you’ll be money ahead by buying an already restored car at an auction or finding one online than having one restored. A total restoration can take a couple of years and you’ll pay for all the time and parts needed. Unless it’s a very rare and in demand auto, you will seldom get back all you put in it when you try and sell it.
I like the 50`s car like Chevy and Pontiac but i do like some big fins aswell

I was driving through a subdivision the other day and saw this beaut sitting on the side of the road. 1964 Mercury Marauder. They put 390's, 406's and 427's in therm. Cant believe this guy leaves it parked outside. It has been there every day since....

Attachments

• 20240312_095419.jpg
    20240312_095419.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 9
Love to be able to do something like this, maybe not those specific classic US cars but a restoration job

Had a ‘55 Chevy Bel Air years & years ago… that I restored. Wish I still had it.

When I was a kid, the next door neighbors went through a whole fleet of Chevy Bel Airs!
I like the 50`s car like Chevy and Pontiac but i do like some big fins aswell

Also back then my Mom bought a Dodge Coronet. Big fins in two tone pink and white!

Back