MarMill

Be Positive! Morgan Cup 2024
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
For those who have been a captain for a THP team event, What is something you enjoyed and something you found difficult?

Found difficult: Getting the perfect read on someone on the internet
Enjoyed: Seeing those who put the time in get paid out in enjoyment and be embraced by this crazy community

Difficult; Creating the perfect pairings without p*ssing someone off.
Enjoyes; The friendships that Captaining a team brought.

Difficult: it will sound cliche, nothing. I think being a captain is having the willpower to navigate relationships and personalities. The one thing you don’t want to do is try to force a change on someone not to be themselves. However since nothing is not an answer I would say creating pairings to be successful. Pairing strengths and weaknesses are key, but combining that with personality takes it up a notch.

Enjoyable - watching your team grow and gel. Seeing the work each person puts in working on their game not only for the better on them as an individual but also to make the team stronger!

Found difficult: Getting the perfect read on someone on the internet
Enjoyed: Seeing those who put the time in get paid out in enjoyment and be embraced by this crazy community
I couldn't imagine getting a read on someone. You just never know!

I couldn't imagine getting a read on someone. You just never know!
It's just... without hearing someone or seeing their face, it's hard to get a real sense of a person. And that's not a bad thing - great people still shine through, but you definitely don't get the full read until they are present.

Enjoy: Winning
Difficult: Losing

Enjoy: Bonding with everybody for months leading up to it. Pushing each other to be better. Talking through club decisions to either confirm your choice or to think about something you may have missed.

Dislike: Watching your friends be disappointed if matches don’t go their way, or they feel they didn’t hit the shot/messed up the shot needed at the appropriate time. I hate that for anyone, even the other team sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, I want to beat you. I just want you at your best when it happens, not because you skanked it at the wrong moment.

Enjoyed: Every single thing. It was awesome.

Difficult: Living up to the expectations I believed existed

Last edited:
I enjoyed the responsibility, I enjoyed doing all I could to make sure the event lived on, I even enjoyed the massive emotions that came with it.

The hardest thing for me was the people who vanished afterwards.

I enjoyed the responsibility, I enjoyed doing all I could to make sure the event lived on, I even enjoyed the massive emotions that came with it.

The hardest thing for me was the people who vanished afterwards.
Blows my mind that happens.

Enjoyed:
so much. Watching the team enjoy the experience. Getting to know everyone and who they are as a person and not just their internet persona. Trying to get everything and everyone organized. Really most of it. Wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

Difficult:
Letting go and enjoying the event myself.
People disappearing after the fact.
Wondering if I could have done a better job.

Captaining is a lot. Not sure a guy like me is cut out for it. I overthink EVERYTHING 😂😂😂

Difficult: it will sound cliche, nothing. I think being a captain is having the willpower to navigate relationships and personalities. The one thing you don’t want to do is try to force a change on someone not to be themselves. However since nothing is not an answer I would say creating pairings to be successful. Pairing strengths and weaknesses are key, but combining that with personality takes it up a notch.

Enjoyable - watching your team grow and gel. Seeing the work each person puts in working on their game not only for the better on them as an individual but also to make the team stronger!
I'm not actually a captain, more a babysitter (I'm totally kidding, well sort of lol), but I pretty much agree with this. The thing I thought would be most difficult was having everyone buy in to what we wanted to do. I don't know if we got lucky or if they actually like us, but that wasn't ever a question. The team bought in from their day one. Are they weird? Yeah. Can me annoy me sometimes? Hell yeah. But they've been all in on our goals from the start and I think that made everything much easier than expected

Difficult: Coming out of my shell. I am a pretty introverted person.

Enjoyed: Literally everything else. It was fun discussing what would/could happen and coming together as a team. I think ours did that pretty darn well.

Enjoyed:
so much. Watching the team enjoy the experience. Getting to know everyone and who they are as a person and not just their internet persona. Trying to get everything and everyone organized. Really most of it. Wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

Difficult:
Letting go and enjoying the event myself.
People disappearing after the fact.
Wondering if I could have done a better job.

Captaining is a lot. Not sure a guy like me is cut out for it. I overthink EVERYTHING 😂😂😂
You kicked ass

Don’t know.

Don’t know..

Winning solves everything. Lol

Thanks. I appreciate that. But I'll always wonder if I could have done better. Just how I am. Kind of a head case 😂
I think it’s what we all have done, specifically that event. It’s always the uncontrollable that bothers minds like ours the most my dude.

Back