Can you miss left …

Can you miss left … when you want/need to? And; do you do it by hitting a fade or draw?

I can no longer do it; either way. I do miss left, but I can’t control it. Most common left miss is: a double-crossed fade.

My current miss is left. So yeah. :)

Not sure what the question is here. Do you mean left by hitting the left edge of the fairway? Yes. Or do you mean by drawing /hooking it left? If so, yes again, but never by design.

I can move the ball either way. I prefer a fade, but I will turn it over when needed. With the driver my miss will either be a serious hook. Or dead straight. No slightly over drawn. So if I have to turn it over, I prefer a lofted club like my 13.5⁰ Burner mini driver, which is easier to control how much it draws.

I try to control my misses by adjusting my aiming point. I’m never trying to intentionally miss. But when I can’t miss right my aim point shifts left and I hit my stock shot, a draw. I move my aim point enough that I’d have to try to hit the hazard I’m trying to avoid to mess it up.

Yes, I typically move it a little right to left anyway and can exaggerate it when I want to and often exaggerate it even more when I don't.

Back