Callaway UPro MX GPS

I am pretty sure I am going to pick an MX up. My SkyCaddie runs out June 6th, and the MX seems like a no brainer. iknowgolf, do you have any complaints thus far?

Got it home and started a write-up/unbox.

To register and download the software that let's you customize it: you go to a website from callaway, but that site is not up yet, it says check back soon.

So I think well just get the basic go mode and basic modes which only show yardages to front. Middle and back of green.

The pro mode has aerial views, virtual flyovers, and any point technology that let's you pick a point on the hole and measure layup distances etc.

There is a cool shot track system that I'll put together in a video.. IT sounds sweet. You hit a button , select your club, drive to your ball, hit the button again and stores ur distances. Does it for every shot on the hole. Pretty sweet.

I hope they get the site up soon- an initial review won't do well with just basic mode.

My first thoughts are really nice, it's tiny, and packs a sweet screen into a compact shape. I hate how big and bulky the skycaddie sgx is- probably why the battery life is so poor.

This think the upro will be hardly noticeable in a pocket.

Golfing Sunday and Monday and I'll try and put together some videos and in depth reviews, I'm really excited for this gps.

It sounds like there are some bugs they are working out, as they have pushed the dates back a few times, but its new and these things aren't working great until a few updates are pushed out.

Awesome, I can't wait!! I need to get you down this way for a round so I can see it in action haha

Yea I'd be up for a round anytime.

Don't forget to tell us the battery life!!!! If it's good I might be in on this.

Got it home and started a write-up/unbox.

To register and download the software that let's you customize it: you go to a website from callaway, but that site is not up yet, it says check back soon.

So I think well just get the basic go mode and basic modes which only show yardages to front. Middle and back of green.

The pro mode has aerial views, virtual flyovers, and any point technology that let's you pick a point on the hole and measure layup distances etc.

There is a cool shot track system that I'll put together in a video.. IT sounds sweet. You hit a button , select your club, drive to your ball, hit the button again and stores ur distances. Does it for every shot on the hole. Pretty sweet.

I hope they get the site up soon- an initial review won't do well with just basic mode.

My first thoughts are really nice, it's tiny, and packs a sweet screen into a compact shape. I hate how big and bulky the skycaddie sgx is- probably why the battery life is so poor.

This think the upro will be hardly noticeable in a pocket.

Golfing Sunday and Monday and I'll try and put together some videos and in depth reviews, I'm really excited for this gps.

It sounds like there are some bugs they are working out, as they have pushed the dates back a few times, but its new and these things aren't working great until a few updates are pushed out.

I still can't believe they are selling the thing and don't have the website to work on updates up yet. Can't wait for your full review, the flyover is a great idea.

Not having the website for updates for a new product that Callaway has been pushing so hard seems like a pretty good way to make people steer clear of the Upro. But then they aren't telling you up front prior to purchase that you can't get the updates and software are they?

Not having the website for updates for a new product that Callaway has been pushing so hard seems like a pretty good way to make people steer clear of the Upro. But then they aren't telling you up front prior to purchase that you can't get the updates and software are they?

I wonder if they are even giving you a date as to when the site will be up and running. It looks like they should have pushed back their release date in the first place. I don't doubt its a good product but issues like this steered me away from a product like this.

yea the piece of paper in the box says, connect to computer - go to the website before use to make sure you have the latest updates, and to register. haha and its not even up yet.

While I agree that they probably should have waited until the site was up at least they aren't hiding it anymore. I was just on their site and they added this to the mani page for the MX:

Please Note: ProMode downloads are temporarily unavailable – we apologize for the inconvenience. Upro mx is pre-loaded with Basic Mode and GoMode for all courses in the database and is ready to use out of the box. Callaway is working to enable upro mx registration and ProMode course downloads as fast as possible. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

I ahve my B-day coming next week so I think I wil be grabbing one of these.

yea the piece of paper in the box says, connect to computer - go to the website before use to make sure you have the latest updates, and to register. haha and its not even up yet.

I was seriously looking at one of these but I have some serious doubts now.

Sent a message to call away asking when the site would be up, why it was released without the site up. They sent a reply back today offering a free pro mode upgrade when it goes live.

I thout that was sufficient- they realize they are in between a rock and a hard place.

Sent a message to call away asking when the site would be up, why it was released without the site up. They sent a reply back today offering a free pro mode upgrade when it goes live.

I thout that was sufficient- they realize they are in between a rock and a hard place.

that's cool of them

Sounds like I need to buy one and do the same thing!!

I think that's a good gesture. Shows they recognize the inconvenience.

OK, forget getting a driver or 3W this weekend. I'm picking up one of these tonight if they're willing to kick in a $60 upgrade.

Edit - Boss just walked up and told me quarterly bonus are being ACH'ed 3 weeks in advance. upro mx tonight and driver and 3W this weekend.

Last edited:
OK, forget getting a driver or 3W this weekend. I'm picking up one of these tonight if they're willing to kick in a $60 upgrade.

Good luck, I posted a message via Callaways website, the contact us link. And they replied back within a few hours.

Said it's still useable via the 25,000 courses it's downloaded already, and the basic mode. It's just the customization and pro mode is not available until the site is up. They said well waive the pro ode upgrade fee since i have to wait.

You shouldnt have any problems, but I'm not sure it's their official stance. I may have spoken with a CSR that was feeling nice today. I'll post the excerpt from the email when I get home

That's good customer service gotta like that

I wondering that now that they have the disclaimer on the website that they may not make the same offer....

Good luck, I posted a message via Callaways website, the contact us link. And they replied back within a few hours.

Said it's still useable via the 25,000 courses it's downloaded already, and the basic mode. It's just the customization and pro mode is not available until the site is up. They said well waive the pro ode upgrade fee since i have to wait.

You shouldnt have any problems, but I'm not sure it's their official stance. I may have spoken with a CSR that was feeling nice today. I'll post the excerpt from the email when I get home

Did you get any of the accessories? If so, how's the quality?

Did you get any of the accessories? If so, how's the quality?

No they all ship 6/7... I was gonna grab an extra battery and the case.
Maybe the skin too.

No they all ship 6/7... I was gonna grab an extra battery and the case.
Maybe the skin too.

Expected date on website for Combo Pack; replacement battery, replacement USB cable, car charger & travel case; is 5/30.

Edit - Cost of combo pack is $59.99

Last edited:
is there a list anywhere which shows which courses are on the device?
thanks

I pulled the trigger this afternoon. I came back to my office and called their customer service to complain about the pro mode not being available and they told me that it is supposed to be up Monday and they will email everyone and he asked for my email. There was no offer made for the free upgrade so as CG suspected this is probably not their standard response.

http://coursefinder.uprogps.com/

I seriously doubt their uPro course finder will be different from their uPro MX course finder.

Thanks for the link. Bummer, the wife & I play a 12 holer quite a lot and they show the main course but not the 12 hole Challenge course. Not even listed to be able to request : (

Back