Callaway Premium Apparel Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Callaway Golf has long been a player in the apparel industry, producing a full slate of options from basic polos to advanced outerwear. While they’ve always produced solid styles that matched nicely with current tastes, the company felt they had room to grow in the premium space. Accordingly, they are releasing a new line, simply named Callaway Premium.

Continue reading...

Nice write up Ryan!

I don’t think I will be in the market for this stuff given the price, but would be interested in trying it on, especially if it goes on discount down the road.

Given my past experiences with Callaway and Perry Ellis just couldn’t justify this price even for higher end materials

Nice write up @Hawk like the look of the pieces that were featured in the article.

Nice write up @Hawk.

They're a bit plain for my taste though. 🙃

Good write up @Hawk, going right at Millar customers with this look. I wish them luck!!!

• Staff
Nice write up Ryan!

I don’t think I will be in the market for this stuff given the price, but would be interested in trying it on, especially if it goes on discount down the road.

Given my past experiences with Callaway and Perry Ellis just couldn’t justify this price even for higher end materials
No doubt that price will be something keeping these in a narrow market. I will say that when I look at these items compared to similarly priced apparel, they are right there with the feel, quality, etc.

A great looking lineup.

I like a bold pattern, but these are simply clean looking. Very sharp and some nice materials to boot. A bit pricey, but something to take a look at, especially if they work both on the course and for casual wear at the office.

I would be interested in seeing the polos as to get a feel for the materials. I have interest in the sweaters or jacket but not at these prices.

Great write up @Hawk !

Isn’t this price point very similar to Travis Mathew? Are they both going after the similar consumers?

Great write up @Hawk !

Isn’t this price point very similar to Travis Mathew? Are they both going after the similar consumers?
From my understanding, this line is priced quite a bit higher than TM. Different target consumers imo. The Callaway Premium line would be more in line with high-end country club apparel.

Nice looking clothing line. I expected the shirts to be higher priced TBH. Nice review @Hawk

From my understanding, this line is priced quite a bit higher than TM. Different target consumers imo. The Callaway Premium line would be more in line with high-end country club apparel.

Thanks for that info!

I was very interested in the cashmere sweater until I saw that price tag. It's a great write up @Hawk and I love what they are doing, the pricing I would have expected to be a bit higher to match the sweater pricing. Depending on really how comfortable they are, I think the pants and polo's are reasonable with the sweaters and shorts being priced a bit high for my taste. I would love to take a feel on them though, see what is going on there with the materials.

A great option for the Bougie squad.

How I Met Your Mother Comedy GIF by Laff

Classic styling, and the attention to detail looks really nice in these photos!

I liked the direction of the premium line. I assume this might be their vehicle to country clubs. It correctly should appeal is an older customer than Travis Matthews.It will get complicated when consumers see the regular line at TJ Maxx. That one $300 sweater would be pricey in any line. Probably will make a nice closeout down the road. I like it overall and see it competing with FJ.

Whoa, some of that looks really really good.
Honestly though, it may be too premium for my budget.

Hopefully they catch on, and are popular in the market. Love seeing Callaway stuff out there!

At those prices, a big nope from me.

Nice writeup. Price is definitely up there so not for me, but they certainly look nice and I'm sure can get traction with the target audience - $348 sweater though :oops:

Great write up. A little pricy for my tastes but love the concept of going all out to show off what they can do if budget was a factor.

Sure a $350 cashmere sweater is not for everybody but regarding polo pricing Callaway Premium is in line with its peer group and probably less expensive than what you would find in upscale clubs like Dormie and Hideaway.

Callaway Premium: $88- $108

Greyson: $118
Stitch: $118
Peter Millar: $115
Holderness & Bourne: $115
Ralph Lauren RLX: $115
Kjus: $129
Johnny-O: $118
B. Draddy: $110
Malbon: $110

These all look CLEAN! Not a fan of the sweater pricing but the polos aren't that bad when comparing to other brands that occupy the space. I love the small simple logo on the sleeve and the buttons are a fantastic touch. That quilted jacket sounds like it's something I may need in the future too!

Looks great. Little expensive. Still not as expensive as some brands. Be interesting to feel the materials.

Thanks for the great details with this article @Hawk Callaway has always presented a "boxy" or roomy fit for me so I have usually stayed away. I know you mention there is still some room with the fitting, but it looks like they have made it easier to size down without feeling the shirt was in the dryer. Price points are in line with other premium brands and I absolutely love the cashmere sweater.

Back