Callaway Paradym Fairway Woods

Demoed the Triple Diamond vs the Stealth 2 Plus and TSR3 with a variety of shafts. Comparing them all, the 💎💎💎 is getting the nod with relative ease. It had the most consistent directional launch of the bunch and the miss was completely manageable 1 way. Off the turf is all I test on FWs and this delivered in all the ways i will ask. I did have some trouble keeping the stock HZRDUS Silver from hitting satellites, so I'm going with a Black and tipping a bit to bring that down to earth. It'll be replacing the Rogue SZ in my bag now, similar look at address but the shaft is such a better fit. Really looking forward to the new season with it.

IMG_1645.jpeg

Got my first real range session with this baby today. Unbelievably awesome lol. I tried out other 7 woods and there wasn’t any difference in terms of forgiveness. So I definitely appreciate the extra yards.

Damnit Callaway, stop taking my money lol!!!

The 💎💎💎3w I got from @Iceman! Is getting a shaft swap from the Hzrdus silver R shaft to a UST Linq Purple S on Tuesday.

can't wait!!!!

I have the Purple in my 3 wood and Heavenwood. I'm itching to hit them. But we are supposed to get 5" of snow tonight 😕

20230331_215050.jpg

Last edited:
Three rounds with the Heavenwood and some quick thoughts.
1. I love and missed the forgiveness this cub brings. I’m still trying to find the bottom of the swing with this one. The head presents a different shape than the EpicFlash did and some mishits are happening.
2. distance is what I expected and hoped for. It sits between my 5i and 5w and fits the yardage gap perfectly. Bad swings in the 180-190 range, good swings in the 205-210 range.
3. This club reminds me that as much as I want to love or play a hybrid, I’m a fairway guy for this slot in my bag.

After doing drills for almost 2 hours, I let loose with my 15.5 HL and 18 5 wood. These guys want to go and I don't even have the correct shaft.

Tomorrow, I go for a lesson and to get fitted to see if my current TPT shafts used in other clubs will work. Let's see what happens.;)

Three rounds with the Heavenwood and some quick thoughts.
1. I love and missed the forgiveness this cub brings. I’m still trying to find the bottom of the swing with this one. The head presents a different shape than the EpicFlash did and some mishits are happening.
2. distance is what I expected and hoped for. It sits between my 5i and 5w and fits the yardage gap perfectly. Bad swings in the 180-190 range, good swings in the 205-210 range.
3. This club reminds me that as much as I want to love or play a hybrid, I’m a fairway guy for this slot in my bag.

Yeah I was so worried it might overlap my TSR2 4 Hybrid (club that I love... hit some of my best shots of the season with it so far). Anyway, I just loft it up and basically turned into a 5 hybrid now, gapping ended up being good between the Hybrid and Heavenwood. Which I'm glad I did, since now I can keep my favorite club (Heavenwood is going take over that soon hahahaha) and I can finally replace my inconsistent 5 iron. Even if I don't put a good swing on it, or get too lazy with my swing... it's still going around that 180-190 with amazing height and straight. But I had so many shots it was going dead at the 200 yard mark. Between this club and the TSR2 Hybrid, I'm finally at peace @ the 170 - 200 yard range...

The 3 wood, I loft up to 16 degree.. I'm still trying to dial it in. It's been up and down, but I haven't focus on that club yet. Few rounds ago, I had a 210 par 3.... first shot I hit it straight to the wood. Next shot I hit it so good, it was pin high left side.

oh man, just started reading this thread...I may upgrade from my Epic Speed 3W and and am definitely moving on from my Apex 3 hybrid 20° . I'm really thinking about what wood would replace that. I think it would be a 5W but do want to cover 205-215 or so.

I first tried the core Paradym 3 wood and it just wouldn’t work for me. Since I had it less than 30 days, I traded it in for a Paradym X 3 wood and it’s been night and day difference. Very forgiving, straight ball flight, longer distance. What more could you ask for.

I first tried the core Paradym 3 wood and it just wouldn’t work for me. Since I had it less than 30 days, I traded it in for a Paradym X 3 wood and it’s been night and day difference. Very forgiving, straight ball flight, longer distance. What more could you ask for.
The X 3HL?

Nuked a couple with the paradym x 5w this past weekend. Also had a couple mishits with the 7w that went forever.

Getting comfortable with woods off the deck again is a great thing. Best shot of the weekend was the second shot on the par 5 12th at wind river.

It only shows the shot as 206 yards, but this hole is SEVERELY uphill. Beautiful hole.

46E76138-59D0-429D-B382-4854BA95B8A3.png

i have a fitting scheduled in a few weeks. i don't hate my 3w, but i would like to try other options. the core 3hl is definitely on my radar.

Got to toy around with the 5W on the range briefly today. Ohhhhh my 😍. This thing absolutely launches. Not surprising considering how much I've loved the 3W, but damn! Been wanting to get a 5W back in the bag for a while but couldn't find one I liked. Well, I think the search is over.

First swing.
View attachment trim.7D2EF331-0F5C-433E-A7AB-BFF97C7570B9.MOV

Got to toy around with the 5W on the range briefly today. Ohhhhh my 😍. This thing absolutely launches. Not surprising considering how much I've loved the 3W, but damn! Been wanting to get a 5W back in the bag for a while but couldn't find one I liked. Well, I think the search is over.

First swing.
View attachment 9169684
If only someone had been touting the virtues of the Paradym X 5w.......

If only someone had been touting the virtues of the Paradym X 5w.......
Listen, your "touting" was a little suggestive and uncomfortable...

Besides the forgiveness, what’s the biggest difference again between the standard and X models?

Besides the forgiveness, what’s the biggest difference again between the standard and X models?
The X launched a little higher and easier for me, with a little more spin.

Being back home, I get out on the sim much more.

I am seeing the same as in Florida, these fairway woods are just money. It’s a sim round, but sitting 185 from the hole and had to hit a small window between two threes. Just grabbed the 7 wood and easily found my way to the green.

Adding the 7 wood to my game has been such a wonder. I kinda wonder to myself why I didn’t add this club to my bag before.

The Paradym X fairway woods are just bombs.

I can’t say the biggest difference since only playing the X, but the standard does have an adjustable 3HL club at 16.5° that could be moved around if you wanted to add the 7 wood and didn’t have room in the bag for a 3 and 5.

On second thought I wish I would have considered that. I had to drop one of my wedges to get all the woods in my bag this year.

Biggest differences between the core and X that I saw was the X launched a bit higher and had a draw ball flight tendency. Nothing radical, just wanted to fall left for me.

Speaking of the aforementioned 7 wood

I don’t think I could hit this thing any straighter.

CEEF70C1-608C-4F3E-8D48-9A095DF0ED3C.jpeg

The std 3HL or 5 wood has me tempted…. They look great.

Back