Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

Oh hi.

IMG_0969.jpeg

Quick outdoor range session tonight and I hit the Ai Smoke 4h next to the Paradym X 4h and I got the sense of a bit of a flatter ball flight which was what I was looking for. Still plenty of height, but looked like it was coming out a bit lower and hitting that height more downrange. If that's the case, it will be a winner for me.

I need to get outdoors so badly, and have a round scheduled tomorrow, but figure it is set to get rained out.

I want to hit irons on a course again dammit! After the lessons I need to see if I can make it translate on course, hopefully keep the dramatically improved ball flight we finally uncovered!

Think I’m getting the feel for this bad boy. #5 Ai 🔥 IMG_7253.jpeg

Did you have a hybrid in the bag before the Ai Smoke? How does it gap for you?
Had a RogueST but did not get along with it. I am still adjusting gap's up, my 6i Ai smoke is right in line with it. Need something in between my 5w. Still on the fence on the shaft 5.5 it works but sometimes late when I want to jump on it.

Back to the irons- the 7i!

What I want

If the 8i is my go to workhorse, the 7i for me is a par 3 tee off or approach shot. My game generally isn’t where I would expect to attack a green with a 7i - I’m looking for a high launch ball into the center of the green avoiding trouble. I have enough variance generally in my swing I’d rather use this club to put me in a position to have a putter in my hand (even if it’s a long putt).

I want distance wise something around 150-155 here. I expect a bit more rollout and a bit less spin

What I got

A solid club. The 7i works for me. It’s very similar to the Paradym 7i, maybe a touch higher spinning on approach shots, but completely workable

IMG_9306.jpeg

I clubbed up here as it was going into the wind but this shot was still going 150 - precisely what I want

IMG_9307.jpeg

Lost distance here - I chunked it a bit. Still, on the dance floor and can save par!

IMG_9297.jpeg

Solid shot here but missed the green a bit and flubbed a chip. Still, this approach was a blind uphill shot to an elevated green

All in all, solid iron in its spot and I know with confidence I can get my distance target. Still working on some swing consistency here though!

I’m able to join in the feedback in this thread with an addition of a Ai-Smoke 5 hybrid w/ Recoil Dart 75 HB F4.

IMG_2199.jpeg
IMG_2200.jpeg
IMG_2202.jpeg
IMG_2201.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2202.jpeg
    IMG_2202.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 2
Well I realized today how little I hit the 180-185 club.

IMG_2206.jpeg

I only hit the Ai-Smoke 5H once on the course today, and hit a weak chunky leaker, short. The pin was 185 yards, and I was like perfect, I just got a club for this… Not what I imagined on the range.

I hit it really well on the range, and the toe miss still went what I was expecting, more to come. But not the greatest start.

I took full advantage of the forgiveness in the Ai Smoke irons. Long par three with a very hard pin. 203 to pin on upper back tier.

Needed 190 to safely reach middle of the greens…albeit down a level or two.

I pulled my 5i and set my target on the middle. I hit it way out on the toe. But managed to still make it 187 and one the middle of the putting surface.

Thanks Ai Smoke!!!

IMG_9345.jpeg

Back