Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

This driver feels so good on center strikes and heel mishits. 270 into the wind? Take it all day. I swear though on toe ones, the ball still goes, but it sure doesn’t freakin feel good. Effin woof.

Yesterday’s sim session has me really excited about taking this driver on the course again! The mid ball flight with little to no side spin was very encouraging.. and not all being center strikes
But feeling and sounding so good on every drive

Wow so 12 hole course today at the historic Belmont where one of my favorite golfers played (Bobby Jones!!). Three drives of 290+ including this one. Today was a complete night and night from a few weekends ago at the tour event. Swing transition was smoooooth. This comes two weeks before a tour event at a bombers course. Boy is this exciting. Was playing a small fade all day from the tee until unfortunately knocked a screw loose and had to turn to my three wood 😆. I just think the biggest thing is I feel like I’ve really settled down into the driver after so much time off with winter and what not. If this where I’m at with my driver in March after several rounds the months ahead are looking real good.

IMG_4062.png

I'm hitting some blocks. Just a straight push that starts right of intended target, doesn't curve, and just goes straight and right. Its hard for me to set up left because I can hook almost any club. I moved the club to the draw setting just for the sake of trying it. Should I leave the sliding weight alone or adjust pretty drastically and move it back if needed.

First round with the Smoke Max I would consider to be successful. It was a rocky start but I found a groove after a few holes and hit some really good ones.

The best of the day I think were my last 2. Hole 16 was a short par 4 playing about 265 center and I almost went through the green. This is looking back towards the tee box
IMG_2857.jpeg

On 18 I took a pretty aggressive line and cut the corner over water to make the par 5 reachable in 2. A line I generally would not have taken but I was hitting the driver so well I went for it and it paid off.

Got my Smoke AI Max 10.5 with KaI’li Blue shaft on Friday night. First round yesterday - fantastic. I need to fiddle with the hosel and weight settings a little, but on proper swings it’s about 20 yards longer than the TSi2 I was gaming before. Total winner.

Last edited:
I'm hitting some blocks. Just a straight push that starts right of intended target, doesn't curve, and just goes straight and right. It’s hard for me to set up left because I can hook almost any club. I moved the club to the draw setting just for the sake of trying it. Should I leave the sliding weight alone or adjust pretty drastically and move it back if needed.
Not really sage advice of my own, but sounds like club path is good, but you’re having trouble keeping face closed. I think keeping hosel settings the same as you had been but move the sliding weight towards the heel would help you close the face. I don’t know if you need to put it all the way over, but I would experiment with the sliding weight closer to heel side.

If your path was off, you’d probably see a fair bit more sidespin and curve on your shots. Could also be something with your swing that isn’t getting the face closed in time as well, if adjusting driver head isn’t the cure

When I think about my golf this weekend, the driver is at the front of my mind in how it will continue to evolve for me this year.

The last couple times I’ve had it on course it has had at least two shots that were just flat out awesome, and it had me eager to build on it.

I’m also chasing sound. I might have the boys hit it as well to see if they generate some different noises than I do. Always an interesting discussion.
I volunteer for the sound test 😜

First round with the Smoke Max I would consider to be successful. It was a rocky start but I found a groove after a few holes and hit some really good ones.

The best of the day I think were my last 2. Hole 16 was a short par 4 playing about 265 center and I almost went through the green. This is looking back towards the tee box
View attachment 9253051

On 18 I took a pretty aggressive line and cut the corner over water to make the par 5 reachable in 2. A line I generally would not have taken but I was hitting the driver so well I went for it and it paid off.
Your driving was a stripe show once we got warmed up into the round.

Thanks for letting me take a few cuts. That low heel strike that split the fairway with really good distance is the one that will keep my interest in upgrading. That was a silly result given the strike location.

I'm getting really confident with the driver and fairway right now. On Saturday I was 6/10 with driver, but what was so great was the ones that missed were only maybe a few yards off and very playable. I remember one tee shot that I know I shouldn't have been in such a good. I toed it, but with all the micro sweet spots the ball didn't hook, was a nice draw and I ended up just off the fairway on the left side.

The fairway was 50/50 yesterday, used it off the tee and off the fairway. Off the tee I pulled it, but it was smoked and felt and sounded so good lol. The reason I used it off the fairway was because I used driver and clipped a branch and ended up in a different fairway. I was about 260 out to an uphill green and it went too far. That was probably the best fairway shot I've ever had, the turf interaction was so smooth, just glided through it like a tee shot.

This summer is going to be really good with all this great equipment in my bag.

todays the day! We play for real with this club!!

9/14 fairways hit today and only two of the misses were with driver. It was cold, wet and rainy and I didn't have my best stuff today, so it was great to have a driver that was saving me from myself more often than not.

View attachment 9253051

love this!
The confidence to hit this thing when you normally wouldn’t has been my biggest takeaway so far. Then the added confidence when it goes correctly, then a little extra oomph because there’s no fear or tension.Then boom end result of added distance too.

I have a fitting set for Saturday morning...really looking forward to it!
What’s your prediction of what you think you’ll be fit into?

What’s your prediction of what you think you’ll be fit into?
I generally overspin my driver so I'm guessing the 3D but I've seen a lot of comments from people who were in 3D's with previous models and were fit to the Max so I'm really curious to see what happens.

I generally overspin my driver so I'm guessing the 3D but I've seen a lot of comments from people who were in 3D's with previous models and were fit to the Max so I'm really curious to see what happens.
Can’t wait to hear how it goes

Well I achieved a PB drive of the year so far. According to my Grint app, I drove the ball 295 yards and on the green. And sunk the Eagle putt😍
According to the scorecard it is 325 yards.😲
The hole is a dogleg left with a uphill carry of 235 to 240 yards to the crest of the hill. From there the fairway slopes severely right to left and downhill. It's pure
luck to hit the green with the two bunkers gaurding the front, But I will take it.

Had two other drives that were PB's. I am seeing new distances with this driver that I haven't seen since I was in my late fifties. I love the sound when I flush it.

Finally got to see my Max (was visiting our daughter's fam over the weekend)... Love the look at address. Will be messing around with settings and shafts in the coming weeks. Very interested to see how this stacks up against the DS-X.

I tried both the Max and Triple Diamond yesterday...the sound killed it for me. I expected something a bit more muted.

Back