Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I played the 9* Max tonight in heavy winds, 20+mph and it handled it well. I didn't see any shot ballooning on me. The thing I have noticed and this goes with any driver really, is to stay within my swing and I can get a great drive.

Another vote to choke up unless the handle sticking out bothers you. I have always choked up in the past but I am using all 45.5 inches with the Mavrik.
yeah I'm going to choke up on the driver and see how that goes. and it's it actually choking down since you're moving your hands down?

Two of my favorite shots from this weekend’s 9-hole round were with this driver. The first was on hole #1, a 470yd par 5. My tee shot split the fairway with a baby draw. After driving down to the ball, I pulled out my rangefinder which showed I had 168 to the pin.
51FAAB81-9049-4E8B-BB4C-E2D961D11B92.jpeg
Love this driver and these southern summer fairways. 😂

The second was a 305yd Par 4 with troublesome bunkers. A foursome let me play through which usually makes me nervous but I’d been swinging the big stick well so I set up and swung. Felt a bit toe side but when I looked up I saw a baby draw that took me to the leftish side of the fairway, 10yds off the green. I was thrilled and shocked at the same time.

I’m looking forward to getting out this weekend to try to pick up where I left off. Feel is SOOO good off the face and the sound just never gets old.

My STD Mavrik was ordered 1/2" short.
In playing my first few rounds, it just felt to light.
I got some HD lead tape (1/2" wide) and added about 6" to the head.
It made it more like sledgehammer, which I I didn't mind.(so I thought)
It was too much. so I reduced it to 4"
Much better better feel. I could feel where the face was and not just the whole head.

I'm hitting the center(ish) of the face much more often, but I have to relearn how to control the face.
I left it wide open all night yesterday. It went about 210y forward & about 40y to the right
Ball & tee marks were pretty much centered.

I had no idea that LT could make such a difference. And not much of it.

Plugged in the Ventus Blue for this morning's round. Felt like an improved Tensei PW which is exactly what I expected. Best driving combo I've ever played hands down. Now if I could just figure out how to hit a green from the fairway, I'd be shooting in the 70s.

Plugged in the Ventus Blue for this morning's round. Felt like an improved Tensei PW which is exactly what I expected. Best driving combo I've ever played hands down. Now if I could just figure out how to hit a green from the fairway, I'd be shooting in the 70s.
I'm exactly in the same boat!

I’m really interested in the Mavrik Max driver but I’m confused about the shaft options. I’m looking at TGW website and there’s a UST Helium Black 4 graphite and there is Project X even flow riptide 50 and 60 gram options. Can somebody please help me out here?

I’m really interested in the Mavrik Max driver but I’m confused about the shaft options. I’m looking at TGW website and there’s a UST Helium Black 4 graphite and there is Project X even flow riptide 50 and 60 gram options. Can somebody please help me out here?

Different shafts for different people. As a newcomer to the game based on your earlier posts, I would probably recommend the Helium Black.

I believe our Budget Golf discount code works for this driver for an extra 15% off.
You can find it on our home page in the Budget Golf ad.

www.thehackersparadise.com

Different shafts for different people. As a newcomer to the game based on your earlier posts, I would probably recommend the Helium Black.

I believe our Budget Golf discount code works for this driver for an extra 15% off.

Wow Thankyou for the discount code! Can I ask why the helium? And would it be better Togo for a r

Hey thanks for the discount code! Can I ask why the helium? Is it more forgiving than the other options? And also I have a choice or regular or stiff shafts. Which would you recommend For a beginner and why?

Wow Thankyou for the discount code! Can I ask why the helium? And would it be better Togo for a r

Hey thanks for the discount code! Can I ask why the helium? Is it more forgiving than the other options? And also I have a choice or regular or stiff shafts. Which would you recommend For a beginner and why?

In most cases regular, as it will assist in timing as you hone the swing.
Helium because it is designed to get the ball up in the air, while still being stable enough.

Th
In most cases regular, as it will assist in timing as you hone the swing.
Helium because it is designed to get the ball up in the air, while still being stable enough.
Thankyou JB!

Any of you fine insiders have any info on the Mav SZ trip diamond release? Asking for a friend.

well guy out to play 9 last night with the driver and ended up choking down an inch and hit five out of six fairways. so I would say I'm really enjoying this driver so far. it seemed like most of my shots with the driver were all fades. might close the driver little bit so I can maybe get a straighter shot or draw out of it for me

Been struggling with my Mav max since golf courses opened up.
That ended Thursday.
My timing was off, i made the corrections and only for 2 pulls,i was bombing that driver long and straight. Can't wait to go back and keep it going.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6/11 with the Sub Zero today for a few over my ytd average. On a day when I really wasn't teeing off that well, I'll take it and say thank you Mav SZ friend.

Struggled a bit with the Mav SZ but it’s me, not the club. Still had a few get past 300.

Playing partner asked to hit it and he absolutely loved the sound and feel to it.

I have Standard Mavrik.
Just wondering if anyone hearing swoosh sound on down swing. I could hear it from my right ear/right side (right handed)
I don’t remember hearing sound with Max.
Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent day with the driver. The 9° head is a blessing for the lower ball flight in the Kansas winds. Just a nice penetrating trajectory.

I have Standard Mavrik.
Just wondering if anyone hearing swoosh sound on down swing. I could hear it from my right ear/right side (right handed)
I don’t remember hearing sound with Max.
Anyone?

I have a standard and have never noticed a swoosh near my ear. The club males the typical club sound cutting through the air but nothing unusual that I've noticed.

I have a standard and have never noticed a swoosh near my ear. The club males the typical club sound cutting through the air but nothing unusual that I've noticed.

Yes. That’s what I was talking about. Wind cutting sound. Just wondering it didn’t make that sound with Max. I remember Taylor Made driver made that sound when they first implemented the weight screws.

Yes. That’s what I was talking about. Wind cutting sound. Just wondering it didn’t make that sound with Max. I remember Taylor Made driver made that sound when they first implemented the weight screws.

I don't think I've ever hit a driver that makes absolutely no sound cutting through the air. Your saying the Max was completely silent?

I don't think I've ever hit a driver that makes absolutely no sound cutting through the air. Your saying the Max was completely silent?

As far I remember I didn’t hear any sound on down swing. As soon as I got the standard I noticed it right away. I thought it was the was I swung that day. Maybe I was coming down too close to my body. I notice it again yesterday also. It’s not annoying but it’s there.

Decent day with the driver. The 9° head is a blessing for the lower ball flight in the Kansas winds. Just a nice penetrating trajectory.
I love that we both had 10.5 head dreams this year, and the wind belt was like, No You Don't! :LOL:

Back