Callaway JAWS Raw Wedges

Well I have $208 dollars in rewards from Callaway. I can get these in black and maybe figure out a way to keep them from making everything in bag nasty. The cost of re-shafting my wedges would be $150. I can pay $151 for these and be done with it and have no down time. Guidance requested... what says you peoples?

Well I have $208 dollars in rewards from Callaway. I can get these in black and maybe figure out a way to keep them from making everything in bag nasty. The cost of re-shafting my wedges would be $150. I can pay $151 for these and be done with it and have no down time. Guidance requested... what says you peoples?
You remember where you're at, right? Nobody is going to recommend not buying new clubs. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, the rust issue with the Jaws Raw has been non-existent for me. If you wipe your clubs down and don't put them away wet and/or store them in humid environments, the rust should be minimal. I just sold my previous set last week, which I played for most of last year - the faces had what I might call a very slight patina, but there was no actual rust on them - definitely nothing that I could rub off with my fingers or on my towel, bag, etc.. My Grandaddy wedges are now 4 months old, with 40+ rounds on them, and don't have any rust.

Granted, I live in a pretty arid environment, but it seems to me that you can make these wedges rust if you want them to rust, but you can also keep them from it with pretty minimal care. I was honestly against the idea initially too because I didn't want rusty wedges rubbing off all over my stuff, but I'm glad to say it hasn't happened.

Got bunch of work in today with my 54 and 58 Jaws. Next week we’re predicted to have 3 straight days of rain right before the Tour event. I figured I’d try various shots. Feeling pretty good from 50 and in with my 54. Was all over the practice pins. Was hitting some shots with the 58 and hose are quite solid outside of a few but I just don’t know if that will come out next weekend if the course is saturated.

After spending extra time with short game work I've really been hitting much better chips my last few rounds with my jaws raw wedges. I'm debating getting a fresh set soon.

After spending extra time with short game work I've really been hitting much better chips my last few rounds with my jaws raw wedges. I'm debating getting a fresh set soon.
which grinds do you have and would you stick with them if you got a fresh set?

The 58J Full Toe is a specialty wedge for me, but it does what it does so well. I missed a green to the right on a par 5 today, my next shot was from the rough, over a bunker to a short-sided pin with the green running away from me. I wanted to avoid leaving it short at all costs because it would've put me in the bunker. I opened the face and hit a nice, high lob/mini-flop just onto the green beyond the fringe, it checked up and rolled down to 4 feet from the pin, and I made the putt to save par. This wedge gives me the confidence that I can look at shots like that as a fun challenge rather than impending doom. :LOL:

My wedge game is on fire with the Jaws Raw! Appreciate the MM shank grind you had added @JasonFinleyCG & @vgolfman on my Grandaddy Wedges! I’m throwing darts!!!

which grinds do you have and would you stick with them if you got a fresh set?
Z in the 58 and I think S in the full toe 54. I would keep the Z in the 58 but may experiment with the 54

Z in the 58 and I think S in the full toe 54. I would keep the Z in the 58 but may experiment with the 54
Ooo what type of experimenting!? Sounds Fun

so far I am liking the Z grind

Jaws RAW Wedges, how do they actually look when you haven't been outside hitting balls? Say if you had only hit them outside over the course of 2 days, almost 4 months ago?

I'll be honest, the aging on the faces, the patina if you will, shocked me. I had no idea that such little exposure to the elements back then, would make such a dramatic change in appearance.

50 degree
View attachment 9252545View attachment 9252546View attachment 9252547View attachment 9252548View attachment 9252549
54 degree
View attachment 9252550View attachment 9252551View attachment 9252552
58 degree
View attachment 9252553View attachment 9252554View attachment 9252556View attachment 9252557
Plenty of work to get that contact back into a better place, but fairly happy with a pattern that is fairly consistent if not off center lol.
I’ve got rust envy. I’ll snap a picture later… my AZ patina has not set in like this…yet.

I’ve got rust envy. I’ll snap a picture later… my AZ patina has not set in like this…yet.
Lol I hate it. I SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY RUST ON THEM!!!

They were outside for 36 holes in Dec, and thats it. So gross looking lol.

What are you talking about. They look great! Anti glare properties!

I’ve played a lot of golf outside with mine. Maybe you should move to the real southwest.

Those look PERFECT, and I don't like actual rusty wedges

Jaws RAW Wedges, how do they actually look when you haven't been outside hitting balls? Say if you had only hit them outside over the course of 2 days, almost 4 months ago?

I'll be honest, the aging on the faces, the patina if you will, shocked me. I had no idea that such little exposure to the elements back then, would make such a dramatic change in appearance.

50 degree
View attachment 9252545View attachment 9252546View attachment 9252547View attachment 9252548View attachment 9252549
54 degree
View attachment 9252550View attachment 9252551View attachment 9252552
58 degree
View attachment 9252553View attachment 9252554View attachment 9252556View attachment 9252557
Plenty of work to get that contact back into a better place, but fairly happy with a pattern that is fairly consistent if not off center lol.
They’re perfect.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

They won’t make everything nasty. And even in black, the face is raw. They don’t get rusty to the point it’s rubbing off on everything. Some of y’all are funny.

They won’t make everything nasty. And even in black, the face is raw. They don’t get rusty to the point it’s rubbing off on everything. Some of y’all are funny.
Funny haha or just funny...? I had them and hated it rubbing off... its the ONLY reason I got rid of them.

Agreed - Have had zero issues with them. Nice patina, but not rubbing off all over my bag

Agreed - Have had zero issues with them. Nice patina, but not rubbing off all over my bag
Yeah, and I use white towels, only dirt rubs off on them for me 🤷

I’ve added the 54/58 black to my bag have only one round, did not use the 58, but in 5 bunkers and out of all 5 pretty easily with the 54. Had a sandie and just missed another.

1 round in I’m happy. Did swap grips. The stock grip feels very cheap/thin and small, to me.

Last edited:
IMG_9286.jpegIMG_9285.jpegAs promised update on the progress of my Grandaddy Jaws Raw. After a fair bit of AZ golf

54 & 58. And the towel I use to clean them.

I think they look great, wish mine actually looked that good.

Had a bit of up and down with the raws today but they stuck some chips close. Really hard day for wedge play in the high winds. I went for an ill advised high pitch from 40 yards and the ball got thrown by the gusts into a bunker when it shoukd have been center of the green 😆

Just ordered a 58 Z Grind with full face. I currently have Jaws Raw in both a 54W and 58X. Hoping I get along with it….

Back