Callaway Hex Hot Golf Balls

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
When I was at GolfTEC for my lesson today they had a couple of sleeves of the new Callaway HEX Hot Golf Ball on the desk.

The new ball features a Trionomer cover that is supposed to be designed to increase ball speed andpromote a low driver spin for longer straighter drives.

I think Adwillingham posted a picture of their new ad a few days back?

I saw an ad in Golf Digest (I believe) about this ball. I've been waitng to see or hear more about it.

Sorry, I did a search but it didn't come up....feel free to merge

I can't take the credit, but there was another thread I believe.

I got a box of the Hex Chrome's for Christmas, same specs I believe and my stepfather who has never golfed mentioned that and work well with slower swing speeds. I tried them I loved em and gave up my rotation or HX hot (Diablo) and TopFlite Gamer. The feel soft and this last weekend I really got some run on them.

Amazingly the pitches and chips seemed to have great stopping ability on the green. I may have to try the Hex Hot. Have you picked any up yet?

I'm sure we will have some feedback on these next week or the week after the show.

I could never get solid feel out of the "hot" series balls. All the way back to the original line.

Sorry, I did a search but it didn't come up....feel free to merge
Oh, there was not a thread, just posted in one of the Callaway threads, I believe. Was just making a statement that there was a tiny bit of info out on them so far, but I still know nothing of them really.

Great graphics on the website. So what are the competitors for this ball? I assume RBZ, NXT, E7/E5, ...
This is a good question. With the way the ball market is divided buy price and to performance, what is the true competitor? For instance, the Chrome performs as well as all the high priced balls I have played. For me it competes with the B330, Penta and Prov1. But it's price puts in comps with others balls that don't perform nearly as well. I wonder of this new ball will exceed expectations. Seems to be a theme these days

Are these supposed to be similar to the old HX Hot balls? I used to have an odd love affair for those balls.

This is a good question. With the way the ball market is divided buy price and to performance, what is the true competitor? For instance, the Chrome performs as well as all the high priced balls I have played. For me it competes with the B330, Penta and Prov1. But it's price puts in comps with others balls that don't perform nearly as well. I wonder of this new ball will exceed expectations. Seems to be a theme these days
My guess? To compete against the e-series balls.

And, you are spot on with your assessment of the Chromes. Love that ball.

I hope so. With other OEM's introducing seemingly premium-like balls at a mid range price, (E-series, RBZ Urethane for exmaple), I have high hopes for this ball

Just got a ad in the mail from galaxy that says free golf balls for the first 24 people to get fitted for an X hot club.......

Interesting. My stepdad loved the Hot Bite balls. I tried them and they were a good ball. May have to try some one day. Compare it to the new Bridgestone

E6 rival?

Anyone have a release date for these yet??

I hope they are better than the HX Diablo Tour. I was not really impressed with that one at all compared to the Chrome. Not worth the small savings to sacrifice the performance.

So there is also a hex hot pro line coming out but the price is the same? Only difference I can see is the pro claims a DuPont hpf mantle and the other a fast tech mantle. Anyone have any other info on the pro?

I was looking for this thread and after almost 30 seconds of hard searching I was about to make my own. Luckily, I found my way! :rockon:

Has anyone else been able to get their hands on a sleeve? What do you think about them? I wish I could go out and play around a little but it's too cold to go outside. I may take them back to work to see if I can use them in our simulator, but that will be a later time, today is my day off! I can try and get a release date when I get back.

Here are some pictures too:
IMG_0032.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg

Back