Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Tonight on the SIM I worked with hitting 8i and dialing them in. The swing is grooving and I’m see fantastic results from the Apex Pro. I would have ever thought I would be able to get 152yd carry with the loft of the 8i but I am. That is fantastic and all, but what is the most exciting is the dispersion of these. If you told me I could drop 10 balls in a 5yd radius I would laugh at you, but I did.

The more swings I put on these the more confident I get.

Another thing to mention as how well these are holding up after the amount of swings I’ve put on them. Still looking good, although I did notice a few irons with some bag chatter.

146 pages OMG. 🙂

I dont know where to start asking.
I today play Cobra Tour irons. I love them but, they are not Callaway.
Have always loved Cally irons and i am now looking to upgrade to the Apex line.

I am a 5 hcp dicent iron player. Wonder what set i should choose if i whant some forgivness and a look as the Cobra Tours?

146 pages OMG. 🙂

I am a 5 hcp dicent iron player. Wonder what set i should choose if i whant some forgivness and a look as the Cobra Tours?
If I were you, I'd start with the CB's which sit in the middle. I've only hit them on a monitor indoors, but they show really good forgiveness and speed retention low on the face. I was hitting the Pros and CB's back to back, and I was a bit more consistent with the CB's. Then, I'd also look to add the Pros in the long irons.

I do have quite a few rounds outdoors with the Pros, and for a good recap take a look at my post here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...y-apex-pro-series-irons.8954646/post-12166940

I'm going to add some CB's to my Pros for 2024, so that I play a combo set. I'm really excited about the combo set as I love what the Pros provide in the long irons, and will be playing them in the 4i-7i. Almost went with the CB in the 7i, but will be playing them in the 8i-PW. I think this combo set will help me most where I need it. More forgiving in the long/mid irons, and more consistency in the scoring irons.

Let me know if you have more specific questions about the Pros, or even how the CB's and Pros have compared the couple times I've hit them, I'd be happy to answer.

Tagging @hedley_lamarr08 and @Jeff Spicoli as I know they've shared quite a bit about the CB's on here.

Tonight on the SIM I worked with hitting 8i and dialing them in. The swing is grooving and I’m see fantastic results from the Apex Pro. I would have ever thought I would be able to get 152yd carry with the loft of the 8i but I am. That is fantastic and all, but what is the most exciting is the dispersion of these. If you told me I could drop 10 balls in a 5yd radius I would laugh at you, but I did.

The more swings I put on these the more confident I get.

Another thing to mention as how well these are holding up after the amount of swings I’ve put on them. Still looking good, although I did notice a few irons with some bag chatter.
The consistency has been fun. It's good to feel like you know what you're doing out there when shot drop on your intended target time and time again.

146 pages OMG. 🙂

The CBs are really solid, I am also a 5 handicap and was thinking of Pros/ CBs going into the fitting but fell in love with the size and looks of the CBs and got CBs 5-9 and then MB 10 & 11

I think if you prefer the little more forgiveness and the size doesn't bother you.. look into the pros. If you like a smaller head look towards the CBs. I have not noticed the CBs being unforgiving by any means.

The CBs are really solid, I am also a 5 handicap and was thinking of Pros/ CBs going into the fitting but fell in love with the size and looks of the CBs and got CBs 5-9 and then MB 10 & 11

I think if you prefer the little more forgiveness and the size doesn't bother you.. look into the pros. If you like a smaller head look towards the CBs. I have not noticed the CBs being unforgiving by any means.
I knew I was missing some with the CB's, sorry man! Great thoughts though!

I knew I was missing some with the CB's, sorry man! Great thoughts though!
lol understandable I haven't been able to give as many thoughts as my guy @Jeff Spicoli with not swinging much this winter so far.

Thanks all.

Callaway says that the new Apex CB irons are designed for the most discerning tour pros and elite ball-strikers.

It really makes you pull your ears. Suddenly you wonder which MB irons fit?

I clearly prefer slightly smaller heads and I have been thinking about a combo set.
Then you have to adjust the loft on the CB irons for it to match.

I will take and test the CB when the opportunity is available. Had a quick look at the Apex Pro last week but thought they looked thicker/clunkier than the Apex 2021.

Thanks all.

Callaway says that the new Apex CB irons are designed for the most discerning tour pros and elite ball-strikers.

I clearly prefer slightly smaller heads and I have been thinking about a combo set.

I will take and test the CB when the opportunity is available. Had a quick look at the Apex Pro last week but thought they looked thicker/clunkier than the Apex 2021.
The pros aren't thicker/clunkier than the Standard Apex 21. They are pretty close in size, but a smidge smaller.

146 pages OMG. 🙂

Thanks all.

I went from a combo set of Mizuno 223 CB 5-6 and 221 MB 7-PW to a set of Apex Pro CB 5-11. I was initially concerned I would find the size of the CB too long and large for my eye but that was not the case at all. Was particularly concerned with the 10 and 11i, but don't even notice or think about the shape or size. I have enjoyed the extra forgiveness. I am seeing less distance loss in particular in the 7-PW going to a CB and the turn interaction is as good as any iron I've ever hit.

I've mentioned it in here before, but it's hard to find it with how many pages it's gotten up to, but the MBs have very little bounce on them and while I hit them incredibly well indoors with a perfect lie, outside I didn't see the same consistency and saw much better results with the CBs.

I know a few have gone with the MBs in the scoring irons, but I didn't see any advantage for my game.

When are you going MB’s with your CB’s?

Never. While the MBs are gorgeous and I hit them really, really well inside on the simulator. On the turf, the CBs were the clear winner. The bounce on the MBs is super low and anything heavy or off wasn't benefiting from redesigned sole the CB has.

I went from a combo set of Mizuno 223 CB 5-6 and 221 MB 7-PW to a set of Apex Pro CB 5-11. I was initially concerned I would find the size of the CB too long and large for my eye but that was not the case at all. Was particularly concerned with the 10 and 11i, but don't even notice or think about the shape or size. I have enjoyed the extra forgiveness. I am seeing less distance loss in particular in the 7-PW going to a CB and the turn interaction is as good as any iron I've ever hit.

I've mentioned it in here before, but it's hard to find it with how many pages it's gotten up to, but the MBs have very little bounce on them and while I hit them incredibly well indoors with a perfect lie, outside I didn't see the same consistency and saw much better results with the CBs.

I know a few have gone with the MBs in the scoring irons, but I didn't see any advantage for my game.
@Jeff Spicoli
I believe your looking for this post.

I've been messing around with some new shots around the green and the 10 and 11 iron continue to suprise me with how easy to use they really are along with the consistency.

146 pages OMG. 🙂

Start with the CB’s. Great profile and still feel you get a slimmer of forgiveness.

The consistency has been fun. It's good to feel like you know what you're doing out there when shot drop on your intended target time and time again.
Those CB’s will still find there way into the bag!

The 4 iron in the CB can be used effectively but still makes me a bit nervous over the ball. I can say today that the short irons are as good as any wedge I have ever used.

I can also say without a doubt that the practice swing today that resulted in a toe shank offered no forgiveness.

😍🥰😍

Yesterday i bought a combo 5-7 Pro 8-pw CB.
Gonna see if they gonna kick my Cobra Tours out of the bag.
I really liked the new Pro. Little bit firmer and not as clicky as the '21.
Excited to see how they play for you, especially against the Cobra Tours, which I've only heard good things about. Should be a great test for each!

Sensational looking irons...I'll never stop wishing black was the standard color. I would trade my statins in a heartbeat if I could do it straight up and they came in lefty.

Sensational looking irons...I'll never stop wishing black was the standard color. I would trade my statins in a heartbeat if I could do it straight up and they came in lefty.
but would you consider playing righty?

but would you consider playing righty?
I used to be able to play lefty and righty. Now that I'm "decent", I don't think I could switch. If ANYTHING would make me switch though, it would be this finish being standard and being exclusive to RH lol

Back