Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

The gap between the 8 Pro and 9 CB is really non-existent. Very happily surprised by this. I expected about 15 yards given the slight loft change and the design but nope... Happy to be wrong. Its 10-12 yards

If anyone has any specific questions on the Apex Pro or CB let me know. Happy to jump in and share my experience!
For the combo, do you feel like there is much of a size difference in the 2 heads and if so is it noticeable

For the combo, do you feel like there is much of a size difference in the 2 heads and if so is it noticeable
I think the head size is pretty similar. I notice a difference in the top line more than I can appreciate anything in overall head size.

Pro 7i
1000000452.jpg

CB 8i
1000000453.jpg

The UT iron, the iron you didn't know you absolutely had to have. What a freaking weapon, hope they release the 16* one day for those that might want it. I have mine bent up to 17* and it been great

IMG_1725.jpeg

The UT iron, the iron you didn't know you absolutely had to have. What a freaking weapon, hope they release the 16* one day for those that might want it. I have mine bent up to 17* and it been great

View attachment 9262701
I'd say it's been great...geesh!!

View attachment 9262701
That is filthy long. Is this a tee only club for you?

That is filthy long. Is this a tee only club for you?
Usually, I've used it a few times to go into the green. That shot there was off the turf

Because I am a giant headcase... Second set in a different makeup has been ordered.. It is really kind of embarrassing..

The Apex Pro/CB set, with the Recoil Darts, is such a fun combo. The Pro long irons continue to be easy to elevate, and I really have a ton of confidence in them right now. Off the tee, the 4i is such a weapon on tight par 4's. The CB short irons are proving to be very consistent. I'm starting to feel really confident in these as well, and my proximity from 150 and in has been improved since putting them in the bag.

A few notes about the combo:

1. Although the feel of the CB's is a bit softer, the Pros are still really, really good. I think they blend so well together. You will notice a difference if you're on the range hitting them back to back, but on course the difference would be difficult to notice.
2. At address, I know I have a CB in hand, mainly because the topline is thinner than the Pro. Head size is similar enough, unless you really look for it, IMO.
3. The low on the face forgiveness is good in both. The Pro feels better on these low misses, less vibration. The CB lets you know you missed more.
4. The way I hit long irons, I'm so glad I have a bit wider sole in the Pros. And with the way I hit short irons, I'm glad I have a narrower sole that gets through the turf a more effectively.
5. In the bag, I love the way these look different, but still the same. Again, they blend really well here from an aesthetic perspective.
6. In case anyone was wondering on the Pro/CB distance gapping, so far it has been good. Still need a few more rounds to be sure, but I'm liking where it is trending.

View attachment 9262701
That is moving it!!

Part of me wants to pick up a UT just to have something to tinker with but I just don't see how it helps my game right now. I have 3 really good tee options and play hybrids better off the deck. Its a want... not a need.. but the urge is strong

Part of me wants to pick up a UT just to have something to tinker with but I just don't see how it helps my game right now. I have 3 really good tee options and play hybrids better off the deck. Its a want... not a need.. but the urge is strong
I recently thought about a UT in the 4 irons spot. Decided to just get the pro and put a graphite shaft in that club to try and stretch it out a smidge..

I recently thought about a UT in the 4 irons spot. Decided to just get the pro and put a graphite shaft in that club to try and stretch it out a smidge..
I have the Ai Smoke Hybrid in 21 lofted up to 22. I hit it really well off the deck. I can play it long and short of my distances and hitting greens is pretty easy with it. The Super Hybrid will stay in the bag as the lower lofted club off the tee. I have thhe OG King Tec at the 3H spot that is giving me the most issues right now but I'm not sure this really helps that problem

Had a mishap at the range on Thursday

IMG_1728.jpeg

I logged in. I have $264 worth of Callaway bonus points. Serious pondering going on

Did you reshaft them? Though I remembered you having MMTs..
Yeah, had them, I had these LA shafts pulled from my other iron set and put in the Apex.

Yeah, had them, I had these LA shafts pulled from my other iron set and put in the Apex.
Bummer. That sucks dude. Sorry. Maybe you will be able to get a warranty replacement because of where it broke..

Bummer. That sucks dude. Sorry. Maybe you will be able to get a warranty replacement because of where it broke..
Hope so, was going to reach out on Monday

I logged in. I have $264 worth of Callaway bonus points. Serious pondering going on
The points bonus going on is like free money. I got a couple hundred bucks in points when I picked up my irons.

I haven’t tried a callaway club since 07 xforged. But the cbs are making me want to change that lol

I haven’t tried a callaway club since 07 xforged. But the cbs are making me want to change that lol
There is no reason to not try them. They are excellent. I went for a little more forgiveness. Not that I couldn't play the CB... my chicken nugget brain wouldn't allow myself to swing freely. When I did they were amaxing. They feel slightly better than the pro but do not have the "pop"" off the club face.

Back