TheHeez

Reaction score
Handicap
I hope all my fellow Californians are surviving this nonsense. My area, and many others, are setting record all-time highs. Our average August high is 92 and it has hit 115/116 in the past couple days, supposed to be 111 today. Then you add on rolling blackouts, horrible fires and smoke, school going back in session, that jerk ‘rona and you have perhaps the most miserable week I’ve ever experienced in this state. So ready for this to pass. Rant over, stay safe everyone.

Yeah, it must be tough out there. Which part of the state are you in?

Stay safe.

Yeah, it is pretty miserable out here right now. I wonder what the elected idiots and bureaucrats that run (ruin) this state will blame this all on, and what kind of new tax they will come up with to "solve" everything.

We were over 100 the past few days in northern NV as well. That plus all the fires in the area have been pretty miserable.

There was even a firenado.. Yes, a real thing not another campy movie..

That's pretty crazy. Not going to lie though, that picture is kind of scary but awesome at the same time!

I can empathize with you. I grew up out there in the 70's and 80's in the Sacramento area... if you're familiar with the area. Travis to be exact. Base housing during that time, when it was hot, the base commander voluntarily shut off power to junior enlisted housing across the base to conserve power... so there were rolling blackouts across the base on the hottest days of the summer... and it was in the high 90's low 100's. It sure was nice for the base to do that so the surrounding area could have their A/C.

All of the base housing had swamp coolers.
It might have been more than just enlisted housing. I was a young dependent and wasn't allowed to ride my bike across the base to find out.:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, it must be tough out there. Which part of the state are you in?

I’m on the central coast, 4 hours from LA and SF. We are about two hours south of Monterey and a couple of the fires.

What makes this so rough is that there is no evening cool down or breeze. Rarely do we not get an on shore ocean breeze in the afternoon. It’s causing the smoke to really stack up.

And now the internet is down for the second extended time this week... curse you 2020!!!

i guess us valley folks won't be going to the coast for some relief then @TheHeez :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

From what I've read on various weather science sites, this will probably be the new normal thing. Not good.

It’s brutal in San Diego with this rare humidity but we probably have it better than most of the state. I bought a portable ac this summer and it has turned out to be a life saver, wouldn’t be sleeping this week without it. Will be going straight from the course to the ocean this weekend.

Was talking to my buddy in Phoenix last night and started to complain until he told me it was over 110 there this week.

I knew things were bad when we had a heat advisory here on the coast 3 days ago. Temperature has died down here now, but we have 3 fires all within 20 miles of us. Everything is now covered in ash and the sky is a permanent smoky orange. 2020 needs to do one and fast!!!!!

Weird morning today, this photo, looking over my neighbor's house, doesn't do justice to the red sun and strange lighting with all the smoke in the air. I had to use a photo with a tree partially blocking the sun so it didn't get too washed out (no filters used). This was between 7:30 and 8:00 this morning:
Red Sun.jpg

We have been over 103 for a week straight. We hit 110 every day last weekend. Just miserable. My family has a house in cayucos on the central coast. It was 85 there. Which feels like a 100. No escape.

It's been unbearable out in Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hill area. I work in Napa as well and the fires out there are crazy! Hope everyone is safe

It's been unbearable out in Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hill area. I work in Napa as well and the fires out there are crazy! Hope everyone is safe
Here in the upper foothills it has been pretty damned hot, nothing like down in the valley, but still triple digits. Right now it's the smoke though. We don't have any fires close to us, but the smoke from all the fires has pushed up against the mountains and is just hanging around.

For completely selfish reasons I'm really hoping the smoke clears out of the Truckee / Tahoe area for this weekend.

Yeah, we are supposedly setting records in Southern Nevada too. My mini weather station has been hitting 116-117 on a regular basis. It finally drops below 100 at around 9pm.

Besides the high temps we are also setting records for consecutive days with out measurable rain fall. I think we are up to 120 straight days right now. No monsoon season this year.

We are also getting the smoke from the SoCal fires drifting through. It's all hazy out, with poor air quality.

I read the temp hit 130 degrees in Death Valley CA. Highest recorded temp in 90 years. There's a decent golf course there at Furnace Creek. I have played there in 120+ degrees before.

Just really hot, dry summer this year. No humidity to speak of.

I hope all my fellow Californians are surviving this nonsense. My area, and many others, are setting record all-time highs. Our average August high is 92 and it has hit 115/116 in the past couple days, supposed to be 111 today. Then you add on rolling blackouts, horrible fires and smoke, school going back in session, that jerk ‘rona and you have perhaps the most miserable week I’ve ever experienced in this state. So ready for this to pass. Rant over, stay safe everyone.

Yikes. Not good for the wildfires. Was hoping you guys would get some reprieve this year.

Any issues lately with water or power as a result of such high temps?

Here in orange county its been hovering around 100 for a week, was over 100 yesterday. Usually get a little ocean breeze to cool things down, bit not this week. Still way cool than when I was gowing up in Sacramento and feels like winter compared to my tours in Iraq lol

Yeah, we are supposedly setting records in Southern Nevada too. My mini weather station has been hitting 116-117 on a regular basis. It finally drops below 100 at around 9pm.

Besides the high temps we are also setting records for consecutive days with out measurable rain fall. I think we are up to 120 straight days right now. No monsoon season this year.

We are also getting the smoke from the SoCal fires drifting through. It's all hazy out, with poor air quality.

I read the temp hit 130 degrees in Death Valley CA. Highest recorded temp in 90 years. There's a decent golf course there at Furnace Creek. I have played there in 120+ degrees before.

Just really hot, dry summer this year. No humidity to speak of.
I'm a couple hours from you, in western Arizona. We've been over 115° every day for the past week or so, and that forecast continues for at least the next 10 days. Last night it was still 106° at 10:00 pm, everything is so heat-soaked that it just doesn't cool down much. It's 115° right now, at 6:00 pm. When I leave in the mornings for golf it's been 90-95° already at 6:15 am. Our monsoon has been non-existent this year as well - we got storm clouds, lightning/thunder and high winds for the first time last night, but only a few scattered raindrops, not even a measurable amount. I think it's vaporizing before it hits the ground! :LOL:

We've been getting the smoke from the SoCal fires as well - when I left my house Monday morning to go play golf it looked like a fog bank, you could hardly see the mountains.

Yikes. Not good for the wildfires. Was hoping you guys would get some reprieve this year.

Any issues lately with water or power as a result of such high temps?

Well we are always in some form of drought, but we did have a rolling blackout yesterday for the first time. It only lasted 30 minutes but we were gearing up to “rescue” the ice cream when the power came back on.

Little bit of a reprieve on temps, but the smoke has gotten terrible. The NNW winds are taking the smoke on a straight line to our area. No bueno.

Driving home today in San Jose. Smoke is bad, can’t see the sun. That said I’m golfing the next two days so I’m gonna be grateful and stay far from miserable. Just different. ;)F237361B-7F9A-4708-894A-E7F48F2A30FB.jpeg

Too friggin hot. It's been over 100 at my house every day for the last couple weeks.

SE Texas on line one. That is every summer minus the fires and blackouts.

Back