Buying glasses online?

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
For those that have, what was your experience?

I am interested as I want to get some for different styles.

I am wearing prescription glasses from glasses.com right now. I have done it quite a few times and had very good experiences with it. If I had an issue they have always stood behind it. There is a bit of a downside as you don’t get to try things on. I will admit I have gone to LensCrafters and tried stuff on then bought online. I generally don’t like to do that but I have given LC business also. I have bought glasses from my optometrist as well and didn’t find them any better than those bought online.

I have bought prescription sunglasses, and replacement lenses for my prescription oakley sunglasses from SportRx and been happy with the purchases. It was pretty simple with just uploading your prescription from the optometrist, and taking a picture from the camera on my computer with like a credit card sized card held to my forehead while looking straight ahead so they could get the measurement of your pupils.

It was easy to chose these as I had worn the non prescription style oakleys before and new i would be fine with them. I think i would prefer to try on my regular glasses, but then again who knows. If i have worn a previous style and the new ones were similar why not?

I have bought several pair from Warby Parker. Good service and the glasses have worked well for me. Like most things that have gone online I have come to prefer to buy them this way.

Warby Parker worked well for me. But ... I only wear the glasses for less than an hour per day, after taking out my contacts in the evening.

I use Zenni for my readers. Sure, I can get them for .99c all over the place, but my optometrist gave me a prescription for readers and I can get titanium framed ones for nothing using Zenni and my FSA.

I have purchased glasses from Zenni. Took a bit to get here but they have been fantastic and way less expensive than the local store....who probably orders them from the same place anyways lol

I am wearing prescription glasses from glasses.com right now. I have done it quite a few times and had very good experiences with it. If I had an issue they have always stood behind it. There is a bit of a downside as you don’t get to try things on. I will admit I have gone to LensCrafters and tried stuff on then bought online. I generally don’t like to do that but I have given LC business also. I have bought glasses from my optometrist as well and didn’t find them any better than those bought online.

For selection and price Glasses.com seems to dominate the industry. I've purchased 5 pair from that company.

I got a copy of my prescription from my Doctor. I purchase my glass from GlassesUSA. They have pretty good deals and you can pay in payments with no interest.
They have brands like Rayban, Burberry, Oakley, and much more.

You upload a picture of your prescription and you should be good to go. If by any reason your glasses arrive and you see blurry, GlassesUSA will replace them with the correct set for free and no shipping cost. (that happened to my Pops).

Only downside is that it takes almost 3 weeks to get your glasses. So just plan ahead.

For some reason, when I purchase my glasses at a brick & mortar, they are much more expensive! GlassesUSA def saved me $ with their discounts.

I have used Zenni... sort of a complex scrip with bifocals and I didn't care for the them. Used Costco last year for the first time... amazing. Wife and I got 4 pairs of glasses for under $400... I've probably paid $400-500+ 3 or 4 times before that.

I've bought several pairs online and it's been wonderful each time. I've picked up both regular and sunglasses, and even a set with transitions lenses. All of mine were purchased from Clearly, and they include a satisfaction guarantee.

It's just important that you have a current Rx from your optometrist that includes your PD.

I’ve bought from Zenni before. Not bad but I got better progressive lenses through Costco. Saved a bunch of money with Costco - but they’re more expensive than Zenni.

I used Zenni for years, single vision, bifocals and progressives with absolutely no issues. Just stay away from complete frameless, as my stepson had an issue with the holes in the lenses not aligned properly so they set crooked. Anything with a half or full frame seems to be flawless.

My wife did Warby Parker and she’s pretty pleased. I still have a prescription from a year ago I haven’t filled….but did get a new pair of $5 readers at Lowes today. 🤣

Getting old sucks.

Sunglasses yes. I’ve used SportRX and glassesUSA. GlassesUSA use genuine frames with their own lenses so are a little cheaper. Lenses are good quality. SportRX use genuine lenses and are pricey, but again, are great to deal with. There is no way I’d buy everyday glasses online thoigh. I hate wearing glasses and extremely picky. If I can’t try em on first, I’m not buying them!

Last edited:
Walmart carries big name brands now and have good prices. It's really hard to pick out glasses without trying them out.

I ordered some prescription glasses from Oakleysi recently and when I got them I didn't like how they fit. I was able to send them back and get a refund. I ordered another style from them and love them. I would recommend Oakleysi to all Veterans!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Haven’t bought on line yet, but got a pair of progressives from a local optometrist. They plused up my distance/intermediate vision by +.75/.50 from last year. I have worn progressives for 20 years, but having a really hard time adjusting to this new prescription. Will give it another week. If not better, back to the optometrist. Played havoc with my golf game this morning.

Back