Bushnell z6 v leupold gx-3i

Gezer

junior golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm totally confused, and in need of your help guys.
I have shaky hands (red bull ;) )
The only thing that's putting me off the leupold is the blueish tint, and the fact that the pin hunter is worse than the pinseeker, scan mode might not be good with my shaky hands also.

Which would you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone?

I would choose the Z6 personally. I just think Bushnell makes a great product and I love my V3.

I dont have any real experience with these. But I have the same issue of shaky hands. I ended up going with a Callaway upro. GPS seems to work well for me. Sorry I could not help with the question about the range finders.

V3 with jolt if you have shaky hands...

The display isn't as good as the z6 or the 3i, might go with the z6 but its really difficult to go against what I've heard on the internet (gx-3i >>> z6)
I've also heard problems of the gx-3i not picking up flags well, that's why I was worried is be having problems from my shaky hands. And the tint on the display is darker than the z6 and I was thinking that might have an affect, I live in an area where we get more clouds than sun. :(

i have a Z6 and honestly its not much better than any of the other bushnells i've had but i've had ZERO issues with any bushnell i've owned. never had a leapold so i can't comment on them.

i have a Z6 and honestly its not much better than any of the other bushnells i've had but i've had ZERO issues with any bushnell i've owned. never had a leapold so i can't comment on them.

Even the v2?

Still can't decide, any help would be great

Still can't decide, any help would be great

With shaky hands why even bother with a Rangefinder? Why not just get a GPS watch or voice button?

I started out with the I'm Caddie voice GPS. It worked and still works great. Clips to my cap or belt and speaks in a clear voice.

Listening to reviewers, I then purchased a Bushnell Pinseeker. It's the Pinseeker 1500 with Slope. It too seems to work really nice and finds the green and/or flag stick pretty quickly, and locks it in. Rarely was there a couple of yards difference between the Voice GPS and Pinseeker. The difference was the flag location (Pinseeker) versus center of green (I'm Caddie).

1476077_10151851465928401_2051742575_n.jpg

Next I bought a Bushnell Neo-X GPS watch, from a member here on THP. It too works great. I actually like it better than the Rangefinder or voice GPS. Again there was always less than a couple of yards difference. The watch gives me readings for front, middle and back of green... and on many courses, up to two hazards per hole. The watch, like the voice GPS, also tells me how far I hit the ball. It (the watch) also tracks my playing pace. All are very fast, hold great battery charge, and save lots of time.

Knowing what I know now, I would have bought the Bushnell Neo-X watch to begin with. They retail for $199, but you can find them on the Bay for around $100.

If you insist on a rangefinder, I'd go with a Bushnell Pinseeker.

Last edited:
I have had a 3xi and absolutely love it. The display is bright and easy to read and I have never really had any issues picking up flags from 200+ yards out. As for the whole shaky hands thing, I think everyone is shaky at first until you find out what works for you and you learn how to stabilize yourself to get a good shot at the flag. It takes about a round or two and you will find out what works and what doesn't. I have never used a Bushnell so I can't compare the two but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Think I'm going to go with the gx-3i.
Nearly everywhere I've seen states that this is just a little better, and for the same price i'd rather the gx-3i

One last question to the leupold users on here, what's the display like on cloudy days (I'm talking about how the blueish tint effects the brightness on cloudy days)
And how easy does the rangefinder pick up flags.

It's funny because from most everyone I have talked to. Bushnell > everything else they have ever tried.

I love my Z6 and wouldn't trade it for anything

Yeah here on thp a lot have voted bushnell, but I've seen loads on the internet saying the opposite, stating that the oled screen is better on the leupold, it's faster, and the button is easier to press.
How hard is the button on the z6, and how does the screen performs in cloudy and really sunny days (need it on those rare sunny golf holidays)

Anyone?

Yeah here on thp a lot have voted bushnell, but I've seen loads on the internet saying the opposite, stating that the oled screen is better on the leupold, it's faster, and the button is easier to press.
How hard is the button on the z6, and how does the screen performs in cloudy and really sunny days (need it on those rare sunny golf holidays)

How hard is it? I dont really understand.. it works fine. Press the button and it works. Never had a problem with the screen during any weather.

Anyone?

Aren't we impatient:banana:

Just kidding, I would have to say the the display on the Leupold actually helps brighten it up a little bit on cloudy days and just makes everything easier to see in general it also helps on sunny days too! I also really like the red numbers on the display too, they really stand out. I will say the battery gauge on it is not very useful as it seems to just die unexpectedly but you should get at least 6-9 months of use out of a battery depending on how often you use it. I always carry an extra battery with me just in case. I also rarely have any issues picking up flags and the only time I do is if there is no wind and the flag is limp it just takes a little more effort. Also the further away I am I will try to aim just a hair above the flag and it seems to work better since the laser sits below the scope. It just takes a round or two to figure out what works for you.

There were complaints that the button was difficult to press.
I'm now leaning towards the z6 :)
Just for the fact that it picks up the pin a lot better and no blue tint

Let us know which one you purchase and good luck

Aren't we impatient:banana:

Just kidding, I would have to say the the display on the Leupold actually helps brighten it up a little bit on cloudy days and just makes everything easier to see in general it also helps on sunny days too! I also really like the red numbers on the display too, they really stand out. I will say the battery gauge on it is not very useful as it seems to just die unexpectedly but you should get at least 6-9 months of use out of a battery depending on how often you use it. I always carry an extra battery with me just in case. I also rarely have any issues picking up flags and the only time I do is if there is no wind and the flag is limp it just takes a little more effort. Also the further away I am I will try to aim just a hair above the flag and it seems to work better since the laser sits below the scope. It just takes a round or two to figure out what works for you.

Ha :) yeah,I am very impatient, I am awfully sorry, I just hate being undecided.

See now I'm REALLY undecided :(

Might go heads v tails :)

Wasn't terribly impressed with the 3i.

Anyone else here that can chime in with their experiences on either eangefinder?
I've had hawks reason for not liking the gx-3i, the more I get the easier it'll be to decide :)

They are both good quality just get one I think you will be happy with either in all honesty

Back