Bushnell Laser & GPS Hybrid Review

Good thoughts Dam. I'm a little torn on this device, seeing that I could just hook the case onto my bag like Dr. Teeth posted makes it seem like it would be a little easier. I do have a GPS right now, and I really like how I can just look down at it and get a distance easily, it's just that my Upro is starting to act up, hence my interest in this device.

I might have gone overboard but.. I have a GPS that I use for quick fairway measurements on level lies and I rely on my slope edition rangefinder for uphill/downhill shots and tee shots to par 3's.

CB you just made my day with your good news! I was seriously getting nervous. So I am so glad that you got it.

Ary, I think it is really easy to walk with the rangefinder. I keep mine hooked on the left side of my bag, so when I get to my ball I can grab the rangefinder from its pouch, grab the club I need and then be ready in very little time. It is pretty convenient. I will say that my first few approach shot after using the rangefinder weren't great and I think it was mainly due to the change from my normal sequence.

CB you just made my day with your good news! I was seriously getting nervous. So I am so glad that you got it.

Ary, I think it is really easy to walk with the rangefinder. I keep mine hooked on the left side of my bag, so when I get to my ball I can grab the rangefinder from its pouch, grab the club I need and then be ready in very little time. It is pretty convenient. I will say that my first few approach shot after using the rangefinder weren't great and I think it was mainly due to the change from my normal sequence.
I can't say thank you enough again. I was getting nervous too man. I'm really excited to get it out to the range tomorrow and then hopefully 9 holes or so.

My hybrid rangefinder just got here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been playing with it in the house and it is really cool.

Looking forward to your review... Looks like a great product so far.

Tested my hybrid on the range. Loved getting accurate distance. I can see this unit really helping me get dialed in. Pretty cool device to have, I must say! Shotting the laser takes a second and acquiring multiple targets on the course will just be an advantage I did not have before

I just picked one up but am wondering if we'll see a new version next week at the PGA Merchandise Show. Amazon.com had it for $299 and I saw the $100 rebate that expired at the end of December.

I'll probably wait to open it until the show is over, but any insight on a possible update on this model?

I just picked one up but am wondering if we'll see a new version next week at the PGA Merchandise Show. Amazon.com had it for $299 and I saw the $100 rebate that expired at the end of December.

I'll probably wait to open it until the show is over, but any insight on a possible update on this model?

They have new models coming out that we announced, but I dont expect a new hybrid model.

I saw that on amazon too. I really considered picking one up. Though I'm not sure if I want the hybrid version or the V2 Slope.

I must say that I cannot wait till it warms up (-50c) to get this thing out there. I have my whole block measured. Nothing like 160 yrad walks to the mailbox... If they did 'improve' on this line, color screen or scorekeeping in the device would be a great step, but at what cost. Great device so far. Light, compact, and easy to read.

They have new models coming out that we announced, but I dont expect a new hybrid model.

Thanks.

My LaserLink Red Hot should tide me over for a little bit longer so I'll still probably hold off using it for another week or so. The age of the unit and the price cuts seem to imply Bushnell and retailers trying to clear out inventory.

I just got one of these devices today (thanks GoalieDave!), and had one question: has anyone had an issue syncing the device with IGolf.com? I tried to sync it using Chrome and Firefox from my Macbook, as well as Firefox on my wife's Dell, and every time I just saw a spinning arrow that said "Detecting Device." Does it really matter whether the device gets synced anyways? It looks like all of the courses that I normally play are already loaded on here. I just wanted to throw the questions out there to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Sorry Ary I haven't had trouble syncing at all.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Ary, it's a no go on the Mac due to Java requirements.

Should work on the Dell via Chrome. Any security prompts at the top of the browser? Also, not sure if it makes a difference but I power mine on before connecting via USB. Obviously, Java must be installed on the Dell.

Team Hackers tapping!

No prb on my Mac
This device is awesome!!!!

I synced mine with my Mac when I got mine and never had any problems. Still loving mine.

Interesting, disregard my post then Ary. I had Java issues on my Mac, but sounds like it should work.

Team Hackers tapping!

OK, then, one more question: how long did the syncing process take when you did it for the first time? I'm just trying to figure out what I should be looking for on the screen.

OK, then, one more question: how long did the syncing process take when you did it for the first time? I'm just trying to figure out what I should be looking for on the screen.

Honestly Ary I don't remember but I don't own anything but Mac so I know that's how I synced it I think it was around 5 minutes but I could be wrong.

You just have to make sure you computer is running the most current version of Java. I had this problem, but once I updated Java it worked great!

Are you using the cable that came with the device Ary? I had the same issues you had when I tried to use a normal usb cord, but once I tried it with the supplied cord it worked no problem.

Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder

Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder

Hey guys, thinking about getting one of these can any of you tell me what your thoughts on this are. I would especially like to hear from someone who has used it many times.

Thanks

There was a very good review on this here at THP. I am sure there was also a thread discussing it.

Merged this with the review thread. Tons of great info in this thread as well as the link in the 1st post.

I'd say I'm down to this or a z6 for a laser rangefinder. Still don't know which way I'm leaning!

I have used the hybrid a couple of times and it's pretty solid.

there are plenty of reviews for it here.

Back