Bryson Using a Stealth 2

I think he is headed for a world of hurt equipment wise.

No one is going to want to work with him and he is so crazy with his equipment that he will struggle to get set up..

this is the beginning of the end..

That article is spicy!

To play devils advocate ask this. He comes back and wins wherever. major, LIV, Asia Tour, wherever. Good messaging would say your clubs did that.

Is that worth it? Not to me currently, but I could see it as enticing.

The circle of trust from those that worked with him every day sure will be interesting.
are you saying Bryson says that to the other OEMs? or if Bryson were to play a "stock" tour spec club the OEM could say you don't need special stuff

I know a certain someone that has a lot of details on this subject... ohhh what a time to be an MCer

are you saying Bryson says that to the other OEMs? or if Bryson were to play a "stock" tour spec club the OEM could say you don't need special stuff

I know a certain someone that has a lot of details on this subject... ohhh what a time to be an MCer
I’m saying if Bryson wins said new company could very much be a part of that with good messaging

Well by all means keep hating on him then. I am sure his money, US Open trophy, and tour wins help him sleep better at night.
Ummm - I am not hating on him at all. I think he has brought some good ideas to testing golf equipment and, as you point out, he has achieved amazing results. However, it is my understanding that he is frequently misrepresented as being a scientist when he is not. I was just attempting to correct that point.

To play devils advocate ask this. He comes back and wins wherever. major, LIV, Asia Tour, wherever. Good messaging would say your clubs did that.

Is that worth it? Not to me currently, but I could see it as enticing.

The circle of trust from those that worked with him every day sure will be interesting.

1. That is a very good question! what was it? A year and a half ago maybe that he could have been the biggest marketing opportunity if available he was so hot?

2. I would never hope for or expect anything slanderous, just maybe a bit of free’d up insight as he was less needing of a gatekeeper to protect his brand, your brand or an image I guess is the best way I can put it. My intent is not to drag the guy through the mud, but to hear more about details working with him and how they were willing to go to extreme lengths to try and make him happy. Hear more about that, with a dash of “let me tell you how crazy he is”. He wanted x and we said that’s only available in Star Wars. Or something like that. Lol

1. That is a very good question! what was it? A year and a half ago maybe that he could have been the biggest marketing opportunity if available he was so hot?

2. I would never hope for or expect anything slanderous, just maybe a bit of free’d up insight as he was less needing of a gatekeeper to protect his brand, your brand or an image I guess is the best way I can put it. My intent is not to drag the guy through the mud, but to hear more about details working with him and how they were willing to go to extreme lengths to try and make him happy. Hear more about that, with a dash of “let me tell you how crazy he is”. He wanted x and we said that’s only available in Star Wars. Or something like that. Lol
Oh there will be lots of talk, it’s such a fun thing about THP Experiences. Giving people access to behind the scenes.

based on a my short Convo ....extreme measures!

whole new level of being a "tour pro" treatment

cone of silence...circle of trust Soo not going deep

Oh there will be lots of talk, it’s such a fun thing about THP Experiences. Giving people access to behind the scenes.
For sure. I just wanted to make sure it didn’t come across as “hey, the guy is not in the room let’s talk 💩 about him”.

You can search around this forum. I have always been a Bryson supporter and wanted him to get out of his own way.. he seems to be becoming an even bigger stumbling block for himself.
Totally agree! I’ve been and am still a fan myself but he will make one scratch one’s head and leave ya wondering!

I’m saying if Bryson wins said new company could very much be a part of that with good messaging

I guess weighing that and "this new driver sucks" is where I'm thinking ROI that and the headaches / persona of my team to figure out if we have someone that will get it.

based on a my short Convo ....extreme measures!

whole new level of being a "tour pro" treatment

cone of silence...circle of trust Soo not going deep
I think that is well known. I have seen pictures of proto type clubs that looked like torture tools.

boom shots have been fired

I am a Bryson fan But maybe he should stop talking. No need to take shots on the way out the door.

I liked Bryson. Sure he could be mercurial but he was naturally curious and I think that’s great. But honestly it’s been just too much lately.

I am calling it now: his 2023 driving statistics will be worse this year than last.

To me this doesn't look good for Cobra really. In my mind someone is asking for their equipment to be better and Cobra is saying it is too hard. Is the request crazy and out there? Yes of course. It also isn't/wasn't easy to work with people like Steve Jobs and Elon Musk. They were adamant to get technology to a point where it had never been. Neither one did it alone but they were the drivers behind it. Just because something doesn't exist today doesn't mean it can't exist. Of course Cobra or any other OEM is looking for that secret sauce to make the entire face playable, but to say that their athlete is too demanding for performance is a bad look. That is coming from a Cobra homer.

To me this doesn't look good for Cobra really. In my mind someone is asking for their equipment to be better and Cobra is saying it is too hard. Is the request crazy and out there? Yes of course. It also isn't/wasn't easy to work with people like Steve Jobs and Elon Musk. They were adamant to get technology to a point where it had never been. Neither one did it alone but they were the drivers behind it. Just because something doesn't exist today doesn't mean it can't exist. Of course Cobra or any other OEM is looking for that secret sauce to make the entire face playable, but to say that their athlete is too demanding for performance is a bad look. That is coming from a Cobra homer.
The two people you mentioned owned the company.

Bryson was paid by the company, worked for them. Then, while working for them publically disparaged their product.

To put it in terms my kids understand, he (Bryson) started it.

I like that he wanted the unicorn driver, but he didn't help the process. He was, this is important, a hindrance to the brand.

The two people you mentioned owned the company.

Bryson was paid by the company, worked for them. Then, while working for them publically disparaged their product.

To put it in terms my kids understand, he (Bryson) started it.

I like that he wanted the unicorn driver, but he didn't help the process. He was, this is important, a hindrance to the brand.
Believe I get that part of it. He was totally wrong for slamming his equipment after a bad round. I am not saying Bryson is right. What I am saying is that Cobra did not need to explain things this way. I met Yags and he has forgotten more about club design then I will ever know. If this unicorn product is able to be produced it would be out there. Basically the statement that was put out sounded like I said, "It is hard to do, and we can't do it." I work in the tech field so I know the silly requirements that are put out there by customers. You can't come out and say someone is looking for a magic bullet or a unicorn. Especially when last year they were calling their flagship driver the unicorn.

Believe I get that part of it. He was totally wrong for slamming his equipment after a bad round. I am not saying Bryson is right. What I am saying is that Cobra did not need to explain things this way. I met Yags and he has forgotten more about club design then I will ever know. If this unicorn product is able to be produced it would be out there. Basically the statement that was put out sounded like I said, "It is hard to do, and we can't do it." I work in the tech field so I know the silly requirements that are put out there by customers. You can't come out and say someone is looking for a magic bullet or a unicorn. Especially when last year they were calling their flagship driver the unicorn.
Ok. I took it differently. Not that it's hard to do, but to expect that is a sign of disillusionment.

Bryson sounds like he was quite demanding and didn't want to play his part of the process.

Ok. I took it differently. Not that it's hard to do, but to expect that is a sign of disillusionment.

Bryson sounds like he was quite demanding and didn't want to play his part of the process.
I think Bryson more than played his part in the process, as far as constant testing and providing feedback. It seems more like the problem was that the "process" was absolutely exhausting, frustrating, and never-ending for Cobra's people.

I dont think it looks bad for Puma because it is coming from the rep rather than a statement from the company.

Should the rep have spoke publicly about it all? Probably not. However you have to imagine Bryson made his life hell by never being happy. You also got to think that the amount of time Bryson took up from Cobra's R&D time negatively affected the time they were able to spend with other players.

I think Bryson more than played his part in the process, as far as constant testing and providing feedback. It seems more like the problem was that the "process" was absolutely exhausting, frustrating, and never-ending for Cobra's people.
Bryson's real job was to make people want to buy Cobra drivers.

Cobra didn't sponsor Bryson because they wanted somebody to bounce ideas off of.

In that regard, I think he was....less than successful. :LOL:

Cobra didn't sponsor Bryson because they wanted somebody to bounce ideas off of.
To be fair they got an entire OL line out of Bryson's likeness that does some revenue for them. We can't just look at all the bad.

To be fair they got an entire OL line out of Bryson's likeness that does some revenue for them. We can't just look at all the bad.
He was a boost to that product. I'm not sure OLs are flying off the shelves and into bags though.

Disagree, Bryson’s real job is to go out and win professional golf events. If he does that, everything else takes care of itself, including helping to sell clubs.

Since contracts are a two way street, it is easy to conclude it was Cobras job to help him achieve those winning ways.

I’m sure the manufacturers understand there is risk with whichever horse they decide to hook their wagons too.

Back