Bryson DeChambeau Plays Avoda Golf Irons

I read about how he wants them to be similar to the topography of drivers. More forgiving off the heal and toe. I thought some minor spots on the face would make it harder to work the ball. It’s suppose to help straighten miss hits🤷🏻‍♂️

I read about how he wants them to be similar to the topography of drivers. More forgiving off the heal and toe. I thought some minor spots on the face would make it harder to work the ball. It’s suppose to help straighten miss hits🤷🏻‍♂️
That’s not really how it works, but that is sure how it’s being marketed.

"Bulge" and "Roll" for these irons comparing them to a driver design is all over social media. And here I am thinking, irons dont work like that.. But what do I know.

Yeah I have no idea. It’s like they put bolt slugs in specifics areas.

I somehow don't think that these were the irons that he had printed. The ones he had printed were just approved last week.

Speaking about bulge and roll, there used to be a driving iron out in the market called the Controller which incorporated a bulge and roll face.

Meh...

Someone said "Bryson."

Edit: for the eyeroll - Bryson is a pain in the ass. But supposedly, he is a better people person now. But for his equipment? A PITA

Last edited:
"Bulge" and "Roll" for these irons comparing them to a driver design is all over social media. And here I am thinking, irons dont work like that.. But what do I know.
Apparently a few OEM engineers were asked about the bulge and roll for an iron and said it couldn't be done. Whatever else you want to say about BD, he certainly thinks outside the box (Colt Knost said they cost $10,000 to manufacture). In any event, they are certainly great looking irons.

So why hasn’t this been done before even if very slight? Seems it could be a game changer, but i go back and ask a tour professional with enough miss hits that he needs that kind of forgiveness? With an the practice he does?

So why hasn’t this been done before even if very slight?
As I said, a number of OEM engineers were asked about this and they said it couldn't be done. I wouldn't be surprised if OEM R&D departments start experimenting with this.

As I said, a number of OEM engineers were asked about this and they said it couldn't be done. I wouldn't be surprised if OEM R&D departments start experimenting with this.
I understand but in the R&D world can’t is usually the catalyst to testing looking for that breakthrough. Maybe his company find it, but I’m still a bit skeptical. I’m sure there’s more to the story.

Speaking about bulge and roll, there used to be a driving iron out in the market called the Controller which incorporated a bulge and roll face.
My Cleveland Halo 4 iron has bulge and roll on its face.

Back