Bridgestone Tour B X-CB Irons Review Thread

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
37ea8be3dd02e30bf52057ad340d58f7.jpg

I have a few rounds under my belt now with these in the bag and I am really impressed so far. I had been playing the 2014 Big Bertha irons for a few years now and was expecting this to be a really tough transition but that just has not been the case. My distances are spot on even though these irons were built shorter in length. The head size appears just perfect to my brain where I get the desired classic look but isn't too small that I feel I need to put a perfect strike on the ball. It will be fun to get some others thought during RR in Iowa next week as I think these will impress those who get a chance to hit them. The fitting carts only went out to 40 dealers nationwide but I does sound like the test drive program will have these in the near future.

Nice initial thoughts, interesting that distance is still there with shorter - what are the loft difference between these and the BB irons?

Nice initial thoughts, interesting that distance is still there with shorter - what are the loft difference between these and the BB irons?

Looks like the Tour B X-CB's are about 2* weaker.

I am certainly curious what part the fitting and shaft choice are playing in that equation.

Great write up and such pretty irons.

Also very interested in the distances being equal with weaker lofts. Gotta be shaft performance no?

Great initial feedback. Looking forward to hearing more about them as you get more rounds under your belt.

Would love to hear about the reaction to shots toe side as well as low (especially low) given where the mass in the design is placed. Also, how has the ball flight been height and dispersion wise, any propensity for the ball to accentuate the left-to-right or right-to-left miss?

Love the initial feedback Erik. After getting to spend a day with you on the course using these irons I could tell that you're definitely pleasantly surprised with the distances you were seeing with these. They're such a great looking iron as well, I did not hit them, but I would loved to have had a chance to compare the Tour B side by side to my J15 cb's. Next time for sure!

Really interesting that you had a very easy transition from the '14 BBs to these. Are you seeing the same sort of forgiveness on heel or toe misses, or are those definitely more penal? To me, the value in an iron set isn't so much how they perform when you hit them well, it's how they cover up for the misses.

Those are pretty irons. Looking forward to more feedback.

Was going through so clubs and found my J40 DPC, which I loved. Make me think of these and how I want to know more about them.

Was going through so clubs and found my J40 DPC, which I loved. Make me think of these and how I want to know more about them.
Agreed. Would love to hear some more feedback on them.

Erik, how have they been?

Miss those irons.

Curious as well how the guys like these so far.

I tend to think I'd like the JGR forged a bit more, but these just look better in the pics.

Anyone at regional rivalry take a swing with these?

I tend to think I'd like the JGR forged a bit more, but these just look better in the pics.

Anyone at regional rivalry take a swing with these?

Hmmmm, I know someone that as a set of JGR Forged Irons that he's not using.....

37ea8be3dd02e30bf52057ad340d58f7.jpg

I have a few rounds under my belt now with these in the bag and I am really impressed so far. I had been playing the 2014 Big Bertha irons for a few years now and was expecting this to be a really tough transition but that just has not been the case. My distances are spot on even though these irons were built shorter in length. The head size appears just perfect to my brain where I get the desired classic look but isn't too small that I feel I need to put a perfect strike on the ball. It will be fun to get some others thought during RR in Iowa next week as I think these will impress those who get a chance to hit them. The fitting carts only went out to 40 dealers nationwide but I does sound like the test drive program will have these in the near future.

Just wonder on the Bridgestone Tour B X-CB Irons are working out for you?

Truly sorry for the lack of feedback but I just haven't been able to golf lately. That will hopefully change here next month.

These are the. Eat looking irons in golf right now. Hope they perform for you.

Anymore feedback on these? Was hoping to hear about some long term success with these

I would love to hear from KevinHooch. I know he was part of the winning team. Hope he is enjoying the heck out of them.

Anymore feedback on these? Was hoping to hear about some long term success with these

I would love to hear from KevinHooch. I know he was part of the winning team. Hope he is enjoying the heck out of them.

These were the Bridgstone irons which almost convinced me to finally have Bstone clubs in the bag - loved the look and sound of them at RR in June.

Sorry for the extended delay on the update. I was just thinking that I owe everyone an update after these irons helped me win my flight in our Club Championship last weekend placing 3rd overall. Needless to say I'm loving my Tour B X-CB irons, hybrids and 3 wood now more than ever. I unfortunately am not currently gaming the X5 driver as my current swing requires a little more forgiveness off the tee. The X5 is definitely long and straight on center strikes, however it seems to punish me when I start to move around on the face. I'm currently gaming a '16 M1 which seems to find a few more fairways while probably sacrificing a few yards. I was very worried going into our trip to Bridgestone that an 11 handicap wouldn't be good enough to play the thinner X-CB irons coming from the chunky game improvement Ping G's which I liked. In addition, our Bridgestone trip in April (early season) couldn't have come at a worse time for my swing as I had a case of the shanks with any irons that I picked up. I have since started playing like my old self again and strongly prefer the feel, accuracy and consistent distance that I get with the Tour B's over my old G's. I was fit with Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 steel shafts which give these irons a great weighting and combined with the forged heads make them buttery smooth! Despite giving up some forgiveness, compared to the G's, I feel like I can control the distance and actually alter my trajectory and shot shape which I have never been able to accomplish before. I absolutely love the classic look of the Bridgestone's and the fact that I'm probably the only person in Indiana playing them is another plus in my book. I strongly recommend getting fit into the Tour B's if you have a dealer in your area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are 2016 clubs. There are new replacement clubs for the JGR series which now carries the Tour B moniker. The Tour B JGR HF2, the CB replacement and the Tour B JGR HF1, the JGR Hybrid Forged replacement. We'll see if these actually make it to our shores. They still have the goofy JDM numbering which I still haven't got use to. I wonder if the rest of the Tour B lineup is changing as well??? Gotta try and kept up with those insanely good looking MP-18s.

Back