Bridgestone J40 Wedges

Thanks for the thoughts on the leading edge and divots. I take a pretty deep divot with my wedges and it can be rough on really soft fairways.

Great review T, the black looks way cool and the etching is very classy looking as well. Nice video and info JB, well done!!

Nice looking wedges! I haven't hit anything with the spinner shaft, so I am interested in the reviews.

Sweet looking wedges thanks for the video.

Nice looking wedges! I haven't hit anything with the spinner shaft, so I am interested in the reviews.

Spinner shaft is outstanding for my short game. I take a lot of 1/2 and 3/4 swings. Very stable

Sharp looking club. I like Bstone clubs, but I don't think I'm good enough for them...yet.

I have to tell you the interaction was great. I am a divot guy with my VR pros. The J40s still took a divot but it was much shallower than with my VR. This was true with the 56 and 52. The same was trus when I open the face of the 56* and hit a few armsy balls about 75 yrds. Typically this swing produces a nice divot but I was still getting that shallow impact.
And yes it is a square setup. Just placing the ball behind ball gives you a nice line as does the VR butthese seem to be a little more low profile, if you can have that in a wedge. Hope this helps...

It does; thank you! Would love to see how it performs on some nice Texas dead pan.

Is the head noticeably smaller than other wedges you've played? I saw that mentioned in the newsletter.

Great looking wedge.

Just got some black finished wedges here and like the look very much. Just one too many times getting blinded by the shinny xft's.

I will have to give the J40's a swing when I get the chance.

Is the head noticeably smaller than other wedges you've played? I saw that mentioned in the newsletter.

Slightly, but it seems similar.

beautiful look loving the ghosted bridgestone logo plus dg spinner shafts wow too many options out there for 2012 for great wedges

clean and simple! doesnt get much better. if i didnt just purchase my new wedges id give these a go, but my new wedges are performing so well!!

Very nice wedges. I have a lot to think about when I replace my wedges.

I actually like the simple design on the back. Like the simple B is great in my opinion.

You've been put on notice Vokey wedges. These things are freaking gorgeous and I need to find a spot for some BStone love in my bag.

I need some quality wedges,may have to check these out when they are available locally.

Good looking wedge and topped with the DG spinners this should be pretty special. Can't wait to hear more.

I actually like the simple design on the back. Like the simple B is great in my opinion.

I agree, I think these are some of the best looking wedges, the more I see them the more I want them lol

Great video and I love the DG spinner comes standard.

Bump for the evening crowd, here are the Chrome version of the black J40s JB showed in the video
e9176ecd.jpg

Back view of the 56* head. Nice B on the back
39cf20bb.jpg

Close up of the tour velvet grip
23ef1b84.jpg

DG spinner shaft, has a great feel and compliments the wedge head well
13f98f21.jpg

Face photo to show the area I was striking. Also gives you a look at the contrast between the face and the rest of the head
fdb4233f.jpg

The three wise men in all their glory.

Great looking wedges with clean lines and performance to match

Kongfrontation

I like the look of the chrome! Thanks for the pics Tadashi!!:clapp:

The chrome will be my next wedge. I like my J38 sooooooo much, I cant wait to get my hands on these later this year.

Thanks for posting the pics, Tadashi. I like the Chrome, but part of me likes the black. I experienced my first real glare issue the other day and it wasn't pretty. I do love the looks of the ones you posted though.

Thanks for posting the pics, Tadashi. I like the Chrome, but part of me likes the black. I experienced my first real glare issue the other day and it wasn't pretty. I do love the looks of the ones you posted though.

I loved the black on mine for the first two weeks or so, but the uneven rusting got to me, so I coked it and now its all rusty. very nice if you like that sort of thing.

Chrome looks sweet - must try that shaft.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Back