Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

Now that testers have been selected, is everyone planning to use the "Mindset Alignment" on tee shots and putting? I realize that probably sounds like a dumb question, because I think that's the concept, but I also understand everyone is different and may not like the visual aid it provides and maybe only plans to test one side of the equation?

And to further extend that question, if the course happen to be preferred lies on a wet day, or maybe it's your league rule before fairways come in with full grass, will you use mindset on approach shots off the fairway?
I will give it a try both ways and on the fairways if preferred lies. I typically use a single line ball with that line to line up my putts. Not sure how much I'll like the Mindset on that but I will give it a fair shake.

Now that testers have been selected, is everyone planning to use the "Mindset Alignment" on tee shots and putting? I realize that probably sounds like a dumb question, because I think that's the concept, but I also understand everyone is different and may not like the visual aid it provides and maybe only plans to test one side of the equation?

And to further extend that question, if the course happen to be preferred lies on a wet day, or maybe it's your league rule before fairways come in with full grass, will you use mindset on approach shots off the fairway?
I will use it on the tee to help me keep my head down and swing out to right field. I will also give it a whirl on the putting greens to see if it helps.

I will have to see where I find it useful. I don’t typically use the line for anything on course. The way this is designed though maybe that changes things, but I’ll give it the ol college try.

I will have to see where I find it useful. I don’t typically use the line for anything on course. The way this is designed though maybe that changes things, but I’ll give it the ol college try.

The important thing to remember is that MindSet separates analytical and performance.

Analytics are first in data gathering.
Visual is the remainder. No swing thoughts, or internal verbalization after you’ve committed to the shot. Once you visualize it you trust your body to do the rest and focus on the target and the ball.

It’s amazing the results, but scary to think you don’t need multiple thoughts to swing the club.

I'm definitely going to try it out in every situation I have. But I'm as excited to put the whole mindset thought philosophy into play.

I will not be using mindset while putting.

I will incorporate the steps off the tee but more importantly, in the case of this testing, I want to see how quickly or slowly I fall into the cadence of mindset and see if it becomes as easy to do without a visual cue since I can't always control the lie. I'm also going to be testing if once the routine and cadence of mindset is engrained as part of my preshot can I then switch to a different kind of image, maybe something a little more personal to me instead of Jason Day? Will I still be able to achieve the intended results? Will there be any 'results'?

This is going to be an interesting ball test for me. I have loads of data I've already posted on the BX. I play Tour BX regularly and love the ball, I don't imagine that part will change. But I'll still have things to compare and contrast it might be the ultimate test to prove if the same exact ball produces better scores with this process. I'm going to give it a real effort.

I can't wait to find out!

Practically every golf ball manufacturer out there has an option or design with some type of visual alignment aid implemented into it. However, Bridgestone Golf had been a notable holdout, until now. Previously, the brand stood by the notion that they weren’t going to follow trends for the sake of it, but would entertain such an offering if there was one they believed to be both unique as well as a difference maker.

Continue reading...
I have been testing these out for the past month or so now. The Bridgestone balls are great. I have played them off and on for years, and are currently playing the RX-S model. The RXS is very soft. I like it. Overall performance is on par with my TP5 and Chrome soft. My current gamer is the old ProV1 or TP5 depending on what I feel like that day.

I like the mindset logo. It does not really work for me as an alignment aid, but as someone that does not have a consistent pre-shot routine, it serves to remind me to stick to one. There have been a few rounds where I felt like the wheels were falling off the cart, and the logo reminded me to refocus. Sure this could be done with any marking, or self drawn circles but I appreciate that it is a nicely printed logo that is not too obtrusive.

As I await my review balls, I thought I'd put together my expectations for the different steps of the Mindset process:

Step 1 - Identify Your Target:
I feel for the most part, I do a decent job of this step. Tee to green I mostly use the Decade system, and on the greens I use Aimpoint, so via those processes it's kind of hard not to pick a specific target. The one area I've noticed I've struggled lately is subtle wind. For about 80 of rounds this year it's been at least 15 mph winds, so it was easy to remember to factor it in. Over the last weekend, the wind was calm and I noticed a few shots where I had kind of forgotten about the wind until after the shot. So I'd like to use red step the Mindset process to improve my awareness of the wind on all shots.

As far as tee shots and putting, I'll try using the red arrow for testing, but not necessarily expecting to use it long term. I started using a line on my ball last year for the first time which improved my putting a TON, so I do believe in focusing on a point on the greens. It's mainly that I'm not certain the line will look aligned enough to use it on the greens or elsewhere.

Step 2 - Visualize the Shot Path
This is a step I'm curious to explore a little bit as part of testing. I don't feel like I fully "see" a specific shot tracer line before my shot, which I think is for a couple reasons. First is that I don't try to work the ball much, and so I feel like I'm kind of seeing the visualization more subconsciously than consciously. Second is knowing I have a dispersion pattern, I feel like I'm trying to free myself up and not be too "bound" to a very precise ball path. So, I'm curious to see what forcing myself to visualize things more will do for my game. I feel like if I talked out my inner dialogue, I am probably visualizing more than I realize, but not as much as would optimize my performance.

Step 3 - Focus on the Dot
This is the step that I'd say I'm most skeptical of - that it's a universally the best way to optimize performance at that stage of the swing process. I definitely believe in being present and committed to the shot, so I think consciously focusing on the dot is better than doing nothing. There are a ton of shots in a round where I'm telling myself to be present and/or to commit before I walk into a shot. I've played around with focusing on my body, focusing on the club, focusing on the ball, and focusing on the target while I'm over the ball. Focusing on my body definitely doesn't work as I lose track of what I'm trying to do. When I've tried focusing just on the target, I feel like I lose focus on the turf interaction/contact with the ball which I feel like I need to pay attention to to hit good shots. When I've tried to focus on just the ball in the past, I've almost felt like I'm not present enough to what I'm trying to do. For me I've found having very abstract thoughts about what I want the club to do has been best for my performance. To me it feels like the ball in baseball or basketball where it's the object I'm holding that I'm trying to do something with, while finding the balance of "intention" vs "aiming it." So, I'm definitely most curious to see how this step affects my performance.

As I await my review balls, I thought I'd put together my expectations for the different steps of the Mindset process:

Step 1 - Identify Your Target:
I feel for the most part, I do a decent job of this step. Tee to green I mostly use the Decade system, and on the greens I use Aimpoint, so via those processes it's kind of hard not to pick a specific target. The one area I've noticed I've struggled lately is subtle wind. For about 80 of rounds this year it's been at least 15 mph winds, so it was easy to remember to factor it in. Over the last weekend, the wind was calm and I noticed a few shots where I had kind of forgotten about the wind until after the shot. So I'd like to use red step the Mindset process to improve my awareness of the wind on all shots.

As far as tee shots and putting, I'll try using the red arrow for testing, but not necessarily expecting to use it long term. I started using a line on my ball last year for the first time which improved my putting a TON, so I do believe in focusing on a point on the greens. It's mainly that I'm not certain the line will look aligned enough to use it on the greens or elsewhere.

Step 2 - Visualize the Shot Path
This is a step I'm curious to explore a little bit as part of testing. I don't feel like I fully "see" a specific shot tracer line before my shot, which I think is for a couple reasons. First is that I don't try to work the ball much, and so I feel like I'm kind of seeing the visualization more subconsciously than consciously. Second is knowing I have a dispersion pattern, I feel like I'm trying to free myself up and not be too "bound" to a very precise ball path. So, I'm curious to see what forcing myself to visualize things more will do for my game. I feel like if I talked out my inner dialogue, I am probably visualizing more than I realize, but not as much as would optimize my performance.

Step 3 - Focus on the Dot
This is the step that I'd say I'm most skeptical of - that it's a universally the best way to optimize performance at that stage of the swing process. I definitely believe in being present and committed to the shot, so I think consciously focusing on the dot is better than doing nothing. There are a ton of shots in a round where I'm telling myself to be present and/or to commit before I walk into a shot. I've played around with focusing on my body, focusing on the club, focusing on the ball, and focusing on the target while I'm over the ball. Focusing on my body definitely doesn't work as I lose track of what I'm trying to do. When I've tried focusing just on the target, I feel like I lose focus on the turf interaction/contact with the ball which I feel like I need to pay attention to to hit good shots. When I've tried to focus on just the ball in the past, I've almost felt like I'm not present enough to what I'm trying to do. For me I've found having very abstract thoughts about what I want the club to do has been best for my performance. To me it feels like the ball in baseball or basketball where it's the object I'm holding that I'm trying to do something with, while finding the balance of "intention" vs "aiming it." So, I'm definitely most curious to see how this step affects my performance.

When they mean focus it’s more than just looking at the literal dot on the ball. They want you to visualize your perfect shot in your mind. Address the ball with that visual fresh in your mind, focus on target come back to ball with a focus point and swing. The process wants your mind empty of all thoughts and just allow your body to do what it visualized.

I plan to use it in every way possible. I like visual aids, moreso off the tee than anywhere.

It's going to be interesting as I've had a lot of experience with Triple Track, TruTrak and Truvis. It'll be interesting how this compares.

I played a few holes with Mindset today. Good mood, playing well, why not.

It threw off my mindset and went back in the bag. The fact that it's never in a position I would want it to be is just really annoying. I have to work to ignore that and that's a problem. Because it's not just some random thing. Or personal thing. It's supposed to have intent, but the reminder feels scattered. I couldn't stick with it knowing I had ones without in the bag.

Once I put these in play, my focus is going to be solely on the Mindset process. Can I realistically employ it on every shot? Can it improve on what I see as two weaknesses of mine, visualizing my shot and focusing on a specific spot on the ball instead of just the ball "in general"? If I am successful utilizing the process, do I perceive that I am playing better golf and will my Shot Scope data bear that out with improved accuracy off the tee, more successful approaches, closer proximity to the hole, more putts made?

Is the visual reminder, the Mindset graphic, that critical to employing the process? Can't you pick a target, visualize the shot and focus on a spot on any ball and be successful?
So I did this this past weekend after a rough ball striking day emptied my stash of these.

On one hand, I think I could say no, the logo isn’t critical…. IF.…. you are good at always keeping that routine. I found myself doing the process even without the ball on shots. That said, there were also stretches where I got away from that and the results showed. Having that constant visual reminder has lessened and all but eliminated those times where I forget. YMMV

Once I put these in play, my focus is going to be solely on the Mindset process. Can I realistically employ it on every shot? Can it improve on what I see as two weaknesses of mine, visualizing my shot and focusing on a specific spot on the ball instead of just the ball "in general"? If I am successful utilizing the process, do I perceive that I am playing better golf and will my Shot Scope data bear that out with improved accuracy off the tee, more successful approaches, closer proximity to the hole, more putts made?

I think many will be surprised by the result. The data didn’t lie for me. I hope it shows you the same!

So I did this this past weekend after a rough ball striking day emptied my stash of these.

On one hand, I think I could say no, the logo isn’t critical…. IF.…. you are good at always keeping that routine. I found myself doing the process even without the ball on shots. That said, there were also stretches where I got away from that and the results showed. Having that constant visual reminder has lessened and all but eliminated those times where I forget. YMMV

This is me too. It’s a great security blanket.

I have tried ball alignment patterns in the past, and have reverted back to using the plain white space. I do think alignment is an area I can improve, though, so looking forward to giving the ball and process a fair look.

I have tried ball alignment patterns in the past, and have reverted back to using the plain white space. I do think alignment is an area I can improve, though, so looking forward to giving the ball and process a fair look.
It’s not really an alignment aid, or at least not solely an alignment aid

I think that's a good part of the testing process. Use it in all of those situations & find out what works the best. Do you concentrate more on drives? Do you have more focus? Does it help your putting stats?
I will find a way to do all of these tests & more 👍

It’s not really an alignment aid, or at least not solely an alignment aid
I actually think (hope) that since it’s not exclusively alignment, and more of a process, I will get more out of it.

I'm excited to actually try it on the tees...i'm not near as excited about it for putting. I like a STRAIGHT line to line my putter line up with, and is weird as it sounds I actually follow the putter head with my eyes not the ball. Which I realize is insane, I watch the line of my putterhead connect with the line of the ball with a straight back and through stroke. So I think I'll struggle a little bit with it alignment wise for putting but we'll see.

I am not a tester - but I will share my input here, I am so intrigued by these balls that despite not being chosen I purchased 2 versions the RX and the RXS 1/2 dozen of each via Amazon - $40 for both.

So, for those who are testers, can you explain for those who have used the full 3 facets of the tech how we can, both easily and quickly? I do not want to be that guy who delays things on course, but if there is something that may work - sign me up.

I bought them myself for 2 reasons - 1 intrigue, and 2 at my fitting for irons this ball (RXS) was consistently longer for me than the ProV1, the Chrome Tour, and the TP5. That alone has me rethinking things. And I ususally only buy balls when there is a deal - suffice it to say, I may have a lot of balls to trade for.

I am not a tester - but I will share my input here, I am so intrigued by these balls that despite not being chosen I purchased 2 versions the RX and the RXS 1/2 dozen of each via Amazon - $40 for both.

So, for those who are testers, can you explain for those who have used the full 3 facets of the tech how we can, both easily and quickly? I do not want to be that guy who delays things on course, but if there is something that may work - sign me up.

I bought them myself for 2 reasons - 1 intrigue, and 2 at my fitting for irons this ball (RXS) was consistently longer for me than the ProV1, the Chrome Tour, and the TP5. That alone has me rethinking things. And I usually only buy balls when there is a deal - suffice it to say, I may have a lot of balls to trade for.
See links below - I asked the same questions

The ball does it for you. See these posts below…

For those who test now and TLDR this thread. Here are some of my highlights in the below posts. I would HIGHLY recommend reading this thread though. There have been so many great nuggets and things discussed here with the early testers. This thread has been an amazing guide for me and others as well. The philosophy is simple, it's execution and commitment to the philosophy which are the hard parts.

Initial Post
Unboxing w/Putting Video
MindSet Cheat Code from my POV
How MindSet Logo Works for Me

See links below - I asked the same questions
Thank you good sir. This helped quite a lot, I tee off in 1 hour and 45 minutes First round in 2 weeks.

Thank you good sir. This helped quite a lot, I tee off in 1 hour and 45 minutes First round in 2 weeks.

Have an absolute blast on the course! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

Last edited:
I'm excited to actually try it on the tees...i'm not near as excited about it for putting. I like a STRAIGHT line to line my putter line up with, and is weird as it sounds I actually follow the putter head with my eyes not the ball. Which I realize is insane, I watch the line of my putterhead connect with the line of the ball with a straight back and through stroke. So I think I'll struggle a little bit with it alignment wise for putting but we'll see.
Unless I’m missing it none of their marketing material talks about putting. I don’t believe this is intended to be used as a putting aid. It’s a process for full and wedge shots.

Back