Bridgestone e6 ORANGE Testing Thread

What could you see better, yellow or orange?

I only had some orange ones no yellows. I missed out on the yellows and no one in my group had any either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only had some orange ones no yellows. I missed out on the yellows and no one in my group had any either.

It was in comparison to the yellow ZStars you played before (sorry for the non specification). Do you think these were easier to spot?

It was in comparison to the yellow ZStars you played before (sorry for the non specification). Do you think these were easier to spot?

There's just something about these orange balls that make them super easy to see and I'd say maybe even easier then the yellow zstars. They really stick out.

Got my orange balls in. I cant wait to try these out!! Pics tomorrow.

Orange Balls and autum leaves! Not a good combo,hits the ground and just disappears.Fine in Spring Summer and Snow though!

It's about time someone produced a decent orange ball. I used to like using them years ago when I was new to golf. The only ones were Top Flite XLs and Wilson Ultras. Glad to see a better ball in orange available now.

Orange Balls and autum leaves! Not a good combo,hits the ground and just disappears.Fine in Spring Summer and Snow though!

I have been out in my front yard this morning checking that very thing out and from what I am seeing would have to disagree with you. I happen to have lots of leaves in my yard (have to clean them up after my round of golf today) and after tossing the orange E6 I have into them several times I have been able to spot it quite easily, because of its shine. when the ball gets buried in the leaves it will disappear, but then again everyball will i don't care what color you have. As a side note, my granddaughter has some pink and purple golf balls and I did the same thing with them and they were much harder to spot in the leaves. I will either have pictures from the course about this subject later today, or take some pics here to illistrate my point.

I have been out in my front yard this morning checking that very thing out and from what I am seeing would have to disagree with you. I happen to have lots of leaves in my yard (have to clean them up after my round of golf today) and after tossing the orange E6 I have into them several times I have been able to spot it quite easily, because of its shine. when the ball gets buried in the leaves it will disappear, but then again everyball will i don't care what color you have. As a side note, my granddaughter has some pink and purple golf balls and I did the same thing with them and they were much harder to spot in the leaves. I will either have pictures from the course about this subject later today, or take some pics here to illistrate my point.
I would love to see those pics. I am looking forward to trying these out.

We must have different leaves lol! Not joking the ball dissapears, played 1 lost 1.Managed the rest of my round with a standard e6 no worries.Not knocking the ball at all,love it just maybe not the right time of year for my course.The leaves will be gone in afew weeks and I would have no problam putting the ball into play.

I received my orange e6's yesterday. I really like the look of them. I wanted a side by side with the yellow Z-stars.

I'll be testing later in the week. Here are some photos.

I received mine on Saturday, and would have had photos up earlier but I have been hit with some form of the flu. My camera doesn't do these balls justice...they are really orange and have a slight shimmer about them.
img3783c.jpg

img6624k.jpg

img6445l.jpg

img5369v.jpg

I am going to try and grab a better digital camera for some other photos but those give you the idea. I am hoping to be fully operational be Tuesday or Wednesday and out on the course to give these babies a go.

I played with these yesterday in a round at Aviara in Carlsbad, CA (http://parkaviara.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/activities/golf/index.jsp). I was very satisfied with the performance of the ball and I thought the color helped both in tracking the ball flight and visibility in the rough.
At this point, my game isn't at a level where I consider myself an authority on ball performance, however, I do know what I like and expect from a ball. I usually play a Titleist NXT Tour. I found the e6 to be similar in terms of length off the tee and feel around the greens. I also recognized that my shots seemed to have more of a lower trajectory and a relatively straighter ball flight than the NXT. On the greens the balls seemed to roll well but I did not have a great putting day. My guess is that had something do with my alignment and the orange color. I think that is where the longest adjustment period will be me with these balls.
The orange color really made the ball stand out, even in tall grass. I only lost 1 orange ball (put it into the water on 18), and my average count of lost balls is usually around 3-4 depending if my swing is on or off. There were three holes where I went into tall rough (technically one was a large bush) where I was able to find the ball and I am fairly certain I would not have found a white one. Also, my buddy and I found 5 balls on the course (all standard white) that people missed in the tall grass. I’m sure a couple of them would not have been there if they were orange. Even though it is Fall, we don’t exactly have a ton of changing leaves on the ground here in San Diego, so I cannot really describe how that would come into play for other regions of the country.
All that being said, these balls are not for everyone. Aviara is a fairly expensive course for the area and tends to have older, more traditional clientele. Two different players in groups in front and behind us commented on the ball-one simply did not like the color and another said they looked “odd” on the course. At the very least, they tend to be a conversation starter…
Bottom line-I shot a good score using these balls and I had way less difficulty finding them versus a normal white ball. I for one will be purchasing these as soon as I see them in this area. Thanks to THP for the opportunity to test them out.

Well I was able to get out and play 18 today with these babies and here are my thoughts on the orange E6.

A little about myself and my round today. My swing speed averages out to 98 mph with my normal shot shape being a bit of a fade. My ball flight with my driver and fairway woods is medium to low as I play in alot of wind. The day was in the 70's with it dropping as the afternoon wore on and a storm front moved in, the wind was about 5 to 10 mph starting with it starting to gust on the back nine and the last three holes was about 20 to 25 mph.

One word of warning i am not the best photographer by any stretch of the imigination so please bear with the photos.

Driver

First off I really liked the way this ball set off the driver face. I had a good day driving and this ball really shined for me off the driver. The fade I normally play, I still had but it was not as pronounced as normal. Once I got used to how it played I was able to make an easy adjustment and really feel confident about hitting the fairway. The ones I did miss were due more to the operator than the ball. Even then my misses were much more playable then where I normally leave myself. As the wind starting coming up I saw an even better performance with this E6. On the next to last hole the wind is blowing a good 20 mph and I hit a beautifull straight 275 yard drive. The wind was full right to left and the ball flew straight into it and never wavered. When I first started hitting it the ball felt really soft but as the round went on and I got used to how it performed, I really, really started to like how it felt and sounded off the driver. My ball flight was still the medium to low ball flight that I like and am used to playing.
Fairway woods

I hit both 3 and 5 wood off the tee and off the deck and like my driver my normal shot is a low to medium fade. Once again this ball performed very well for me in both situations. As you can see from the pictures once again I think it framed up very well against the FW woods. On the fifth hole today I drove it right into the middle of the fairway and left myself 210 to the middle of the green with water protecting the front of the green. I choked down just a bit and hit a nice low baby fade the hit the front fringe checked and rolled out about 15 feet. This is the first time I have ever parred the #1 handicap hole on this course.
Irons

The E6 seemed maybe a several yards shorter on carry distance for me then I was used to and I struggled to compensate for it today. I cannot confirm with gps or anything that it was shorter but it seemed to come up short for me. Once again I really like how the ball looks at address with the club. The ball also felt really good coming off the irons. Hmm seems to be becoming a repeating occurance for me with this ball. There were several shots I made today that felt so good that I almost had to look twice to make sure that I actually hit the ball. It also rolled out for me a bit further than I was used to, but with my shots coming in short it helped get me off the front of the green and closer to the hole.
Wedges
Sorry my picture for this club was really out of focus so no pic.
I have been struggling with my wedges lately but when I made good contact with the ball I was really impressed with how it performed. Once again it rolled out a bit more for me but once again that helped as the carry distance seemed a bit short. Even on my bad shots it did exactly what it was supposed to...haha. The feel was once again really sweet when I made proper contact.
Putter

WOW I really really liked how this ball rolled off my putter. When my SeeMore made contact with the ball it just felt silky smooth. It took a few holes to get used to the different feel but once I did it was spot on. The ball rolled nice and smooth and at least to me did not appear to skid at all. I really started to have tons of confidence with this ball off the putter.

I hope you can see this pic well as you should be able to see how this ball shines in the fairway.

Summary
Overall I REALLY liked how this ball performed for me today. I did not hit it against my other ball so it would have its own opportunity to shine or fail on its own. For me this ball SHINED!!. It was at its best off the driver, fw woods and it ROCKED the putter. The irons would take a bit of getting used to but I have always said I would take straight and a bit shorter than long and in the junk. I found this ball to be extremely durable and i even managed to go a whole round with just using one ball. I did not have any issues finding this ball even in the leaves because it shines so bright. It was also extremely easy to track during flight whether it be in the sun or against the clouds that started to blow in. In this pic is an unused ball and the one I played the round with and challenge you to tell which one is used and which one is still new.
So this ball is going to find a spot in my bag and go head to head with my B300RX and RXS. That shoot out will start as soon as I can get out and I will post more about it then.

Thank you so much to THP and Bridgestone for the chance to try out this ball put it in my bag to game.

Great stuff, guys!

Awesome reviews. Still waiting eagerly by the mailbox for mine. Should be here any day and hopefully I can get in a round before the weekend!

awesome stuff so far guys. Love the pictures

Got home from the course today - and a package from THP was in the mailbox!

e6orange.jpg

one sleeve of VERY orange bridgestone e6 golf balls.

e6orange3.jpg

put them next to a srixon yellow -

e6orange2.jpg

and them by themselves

Upon first inspection - these things are VERY Orange. There are no leaves even close to this bright. And they are sparkly. The course i played today had its share of leaves - but i think this would stand out. The only balls i lost today were white and the sun was setting making it hard to search looking one way. But i think the orange contrast will stand out against the sky for tracking. I cant wait to game em. Should play either thursday, or definately have a round set up with fellow THP'er RXGUS.

He's coming down from cleveland for the buckeyes game saturday and we're gonna tear up a course here sunday! cant wait!!!

He's coming down from cleveland for the buckeyes game saturday and we're gonna tear up a course here sunday! cant wait!!!

I still have two of the B-330 left if you want to swing at one of those too. Don't know if that is your cup of tea or not

I still have two of the B-330 left if you want to swing at one of those too. Don't know if that is your cup of tea or not

I hit the b-330 rxs today on the course. I liked the distance. they felt great. better than the e-6. But my swing flaws are highlighted. The e-6 is simply amazing at calming that sidespin down. They are really the straightest thing ive hit. Thanks though. they are great balls for the money. Better than pro v1 and pentas IMO

Nice reviews guys, were seeing some great right-ups here. Wulff, you really worked overtime on that and did a great job. Thanks man.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I agree with ya Due. These guys put some time and effort and the end product shows well! Well done :clapp:

thanks guys! We are getting some nasty weather in here tonight so I am going to have to delay my head to head testing with the B300 RX/S, I hope to get it done in the next week or so.

Nice write ups guys. I'd still like to see a shot of them sitting amongst the leaves, if you have one. The fairway shot is great, that ball really stands out.

Initial Thoughts..

I will be taking these for on course testing but I wanted to give a shoutout to these little orange weapons. I used them around the practice green yesterday. While they didn't have the feel of urethane I honestly didn't miss it much. I really loved the orange color on the green. I felt I concentraded more and didn't lift my head as much. As I've said before with the Chromax its all in the head. The ball was easier to align and putts seemed to stop closer than normal. IMO these balls are less intimidating because they aren't "traditional". Lol, I don't carry the same baggage with an orange ball as I do with the white ones.

The feel off my odyssey putter was really nice and it had a really nice roll. The pitches and chips were easy to judge. I really just "threw" my ball where I wanted (when I could) and it did what I expected. Im really excited to take these out today and see how they feel off the irons.

Looking forward to hearing your on-course thoughts Yoccos. Which Odyssey were you putting with?

Back